• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Announced For Switch

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Perfect replacement until Smash Bros. comes out.

6Mnm5nC.gif

JHmUaln.gif

The physics of everything interacting were better, so tables and slams into ladders looked a bit better, you could interrupt moves and stuff like the Peoples Elbow would no longer teleport people. Having more dynamic physics did make shit glitchy though

ooooh, so that's when moves started becoming interruptible.
Which then led to some hilarious animation fumbles in multi man matches.

You know, I came in here to post something about Switch 3rd party support, but after seeing these gifs, fuck it. I'm doubled over here.

joeposh

Being able to play a full featured WWE game on the go makes this a definite purchase for me, even if the promise of an overhauled engine makes me nervous.

Eradicate

Hopefully it will be on the US version. You still can't preorder the Switch version of NBA 2K18. Same goes for FIFA too. The PS4 and XBO versions are up though for all three of these games.

That's true! Looking on their own store on the 2K site, you're able to preorder the standard version for Switch, but not the deluxe version yet. That said, the collector's edition still isn't available for preorder for any system at all at the moment. Guess it's still all a toss up right now!

Mr. Robot

Wish they put different developers on nintendo consoles like they used to, they already had a good base with the Day of Reckoning games, i think they were also made by jukes, i wonder why they ditched that engine, it looked better in gameplay and was more fun.

Wish they put different developers on nintendo consoles like they used to, they already had a good base with the Day of Reckoning games, i think they were also made by jukes, i wonder why they ditched that engine, it looked better in gameplay and was more fun.

Yeah. The timeline that they went with the DoR engine over the Smackdown one is the best timeline.

I imagine it had a lot to do with PS2 having the most popular franchise.

jmizzal

Lol

I think more interesting is the sports segment support.

WWE, NBA, Fifa.

The obvious Tennis segment is missing and maybe, if Codemasters is willing, a F1 game.

But no Madden this year, which to me makes zero sense, Madden was launch on WiiU and 3DS, but it is EA

Tho I do expect Madden next year on Switch

But no Madden this year, which to me makes zero sense, Madden was launch on WiiU and 3DS, but it is EA

Yeah it's odd. Although Madden seems behind in development for this year with the switch from 'Ignite' to Frostbite, so who knows... Might have been too much to chew off.

BiggNife

Really feels like EA is waiting to see how Fifa does before committing to regular yearly titles along with Madden and NBA Live. My understanding is that the Wii U/3DS versions of Madden sold like absolute garbagio so I can understand why they're hesitant.

jmizzal

Really feels like EA is waiting to see how Fifa does before committing to regular yearly titles along with Madden and NBA Live. My understanding is that the Wii U/3DS versions of Madden sold like absolute garbagio so I can understand why they're hesitant.

Well they have to put at least one version of Madden on Switch, Frosbite is suppose to be able to work on Switch according to an EA dev, so next year I can Madden and Fifa using frosbite, I think Fifa is gonna sell really well.

Also Madden on 3DS was awful and came out in like March, then WiiU version came out in Nov way after the other releases, so there was no way those games were gonna sale good.

I'm not into wrestling like I used to be, but a portable Wrestling game sounds like the perfect thing to get me interested again. Fire Pro Wrestling almost had me convinced, but I don't know if I want to play it on a PC. Too bad it's not a Switch game. Would have been a great place for it, like the other indies making their way to the Switch.

These games are trash, but they're the "playing with four friends leaves you in stitches when you have no idea what the fuck is going on" kind of trash. The videogame equivalent of "so bad it's good". I'll pick this up on Switch for sure.

schaft0620

Who same day release date as other consoles. Might bite on this after Mario comes out or if I really need something to get me to Mario.

Mr Rivuz

I miss the times when each console got its own wwe game, different from the ones being released on other systems.
You could always hope to get at least a decent one out of three, now everybody just gets the same garbage.

I never understand the full on hate for these games. They review fairly well, sell pretty good, and are damn fun with a couple of friends. Are they perfect? No. Do they add and remove features every year? Yes. Calling them trash and shit every year just kinda rubs me the wrong way though. Still one of my most played games every year and I can't wait to have this on the go.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
I never understand the full on hate for these games. They review fairly well, sell pretty good, and are damn fun with a couple of friends. Are they perfect? No. Do they add and remove features every year? Yes. Calling them trash and shit every year just kinda rubs me the wrong way though. Still one of my most played games every year and I can't wait to have this on the go.

Exactly, I don't get it. Is it perfect? No. I'd give the average WWE game a 7/10. But I buy the game and the season pass every year because I put in at least 100 hours into the game. It's the only wrestling game out there, deal with it.

The only thing I really think should receive hate is the fact that every version seems to be unfinished no matter how many patches. The developers earn flack for that. Beyond that just be happy that there's a WWE game.

It's nice to see the attitude turn around a bit on the 2k games here.

I would much prefer a new engine at this point as they keep building atop a very old one but the games themselves are a lot of fun every year. I get very good matches out of the current games. They are glitchy as fuck though.

The online needs a complete overhaul as well. It's embarrassingly bad.

Suplexer

I'm not even kidding this is the most excited I've ever been for a 3rd party game announcement. I don't care how bad they are, I have wanted a "good" portable wrestling game for almost 8 years.

Alfredo

I expect a poor port of the XB1 and PS4 versions.

I'd prefer if they made it a different game altogether (but still call it WWE 2K18, I guess)... like make it Day of Reckoning but with a modern roster. That'd be sick.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Just odd to see people getting hype over a WWE 2K game on GAF. Usually the threads for 2K go a bit differently :p

For Nintendo consoles it's a major happening to get a WWE game.

I'm not even kidding this is the most excited I've ever been for a 3rd party game announcement. I don't care how bad they are, I have wanted a "good" portable wrestling game for almost 8 years.

Last great portable wrestling game I had was on PSP, but it was like a full fledged, console wrestling game. It'll be great having this experience again, but on a more powerful platform.

kunonabi

I'd prefer Fire Pro but I could see myself grabbing 2k19 when I get my switch. Wrestling games are a perfect fit for the Switch.

Top Bottom