• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Announced For Switch

Tom Nook

Welp. That's one well-worn Switch.

qxn3Wm6.png

Seth is on the road so he used it a lot.

Zedark

qxn3Wm6.png

That's the studio lighting. You can see in the Youtube video that the "wear" you see only appears when he holds it towards the light (go to the moment and advance the video frame by frame (by pressing the "." key), it'll be clearly visible). There's nothing worn about it.

It's kind of sad how 2K announces a second big-budget sports game for Switch, yet Spike Chunsoft can't even be bothered to put Fire Pro Wrestling on the system despite it probably being an even better fit.

jts

...hate me...
"LOL no 3rd party games on Switch"
*3rd party game announced*
"LOL 360/PS3 ports!!!"

Never fails.

I'm skipping PS4 version of this, then. Portable FTW.

Spike Chunsoft isn't a tiny publisher - their name even comes from the fact that they are the result of a merger between two large and established publishers, Spike and Chunsoft.

Fire Pro Wrestling's reboot isn't running on the sort of engine that takes a lot of effort to port over, either. I don't think it's unreasonable to think a Switch version would be possible considering Spike Chunsoft has 0 known games on the platform so far.

Hasney

Spike Chunsoft isn't a tiny publisher - their name even comes from the fact that they are the result of a merger between two large and established publishers, Spike and Chunsoft.

Fire Pro Wrestling's reboot isn't running on the sort of engine that takes a lot of effort to port over, either. I don't think it's unreasonable to think a Switch version would be possible considering Spike Chunsoft has 0 known games on the platform so far.

And you don't think there's only a small team working on a niche little wrestling game? The producer has had to beg for years just to make World.

And you don't think there's only a small team working on a niche little wrestling game?

There are also games released by small teams which make it out on multiple platforms. Tumbleseed was developed by a team of three people and launched simultaneously on PS4, Switch, and PC. Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap was also developed by a tiny team and was released on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.

There are examples of games where teams lack the resources, yes, and I accept that Fire Pro Wrestling is one of them. But that doesn't mean one cannot be disappointed that it didn't go the other way.

Thanks for posting this very necessary receipt. I'll add it to the compilation I've built over the last year. Truthfully, Given that not one publisher has spoken about "significant downgrades" on the Switch with regard to X4 titles, or "last Gen" anything, these kind of posts should be regarded as bannable, because they're never from the horse's mouth, only malicious rumour-mongering by antis/trolls on message boards. They're know-nothing assumptions and derailments. The Switch version of NBA 2K18 (same publisher) has been shown in the same promotional material with X4 versions, and has all the features. It will have a simultaneous release date. So, going on those things, we have an idea of T2's approach on the Switch.

Eradicate

qxn3Wm6.png

That's the studio lighting. You can see in the Youtube video that the "wear" you see only appears when he holds it towards the light (go to the moment and advance the video frame by frame (by pressing the "." key), it'll be clearly visible). There's nothing worn about it.

Switchgate!

There was a listing a few weeks back mentioning WWE 2k18 for Switch, but that was not verified before.

Forgot about that, but you're right! That listing must have been right all along!

Good job 2K, That's how you kill speculators and trolls quickly. Take notes EA.

Peter Moore while at EA did similar actually. He said it was a custom-built version in response to Tom Philips of Eurogamer speculating that it was merely the last gen versions.

Nobody believed him but he was right.

Zedark

Replacement for 360/PS3 version?

slightconfuse
very confuse
(Today, 05:10 PM)

Are you trying to say it'll be based on the last gen versions? In that case, that has already been debunked by the official WWE 2k twitter account. If that's not what you mean, then I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Switch version being a replacement for 360/ps3 versions.

Good job 2K, That's how you kill speculators and trolls quickly. Take notes EA.
If you have good news, you will indeed want to get it out to the public asap.

Peter Moore while at EA did similar actually. He said it was a custom-built version in response to Tom Philips of Eurogamer speculating that it was merely the last gen versions.

Nobody believed him but he was right.
Oh Ok. Thanks.

If you have good news, you will indeed want to get it out to the public asap.
Agree, but some companies fails to clearly communicate that simple things.

Miiverse posts would of made for great audience signs.

Or something similar to how Splatoon 2 is handling user art now that Miiverse is gone.

Underrated post. I'm going to miss Miiverse. The communities on there have been ever so charming in my experience, and I still get Yeahs on there for LOZ: Breath Of The Wild horse posts.

Phoenixus

Coming off the miiverse posts, I wonder if the touchscreen can be used for editing purposes. Lots more flexibility for creating tools.

Cloud7

The core game play has to be massively improved for me to buy this. However, I am excited that it's coming out though for all the Switch fans. If it ends up being good, I'll get it but I'm definitely in wait and see mode.

Have never had an interest in this series but it would be fun to have a mindless wrestling game on the Switch for travel and to play while watching TV.

Of course, if Fire Pro gets announced for Switch before this releases it would probably kill all my interest (unless 2K somehow bundles N64's No Mercy).

Awesome news!! Hopefully Switch will get the Deluxe version as well since that was the edition I planned on getting. Very happy no features are being cut. Could see myself sinking a bunch of time into this

Eradicate

!!!!! Thanks for this!! Wayyyy too hype

Haha, you're welcome! Hopefully something more official actually comes out about it, but it at least looks to be a thing at the moment! I can't read a lick of it, but there we are!

Lol

I think more interesting is the sports segment support.

WWE, NBA, Fifa.

The obvious Tennis segment is missing and maybe, if Codemasters is willing, a F1 game.

I haven't played an F1 racer in forever, but now you got me wanting to just mentioning it!

I still remember when WWE12 was supposed to be using some new engine or something like PREDATOR TECH.
To this day I have no clue what it did aside from increase the amount of glitches we started seeing each year.

Hasney

I still remember when WWE12 was supposed to be using some new engine or something like PREDATOR TECH.
To this day I have no clue what it did aside from increase the amount of glitches we started seeing each year.

The physics of everything interacting were better, so tables and slams into ladders looked a bit better, you could interrupt moves and stuff like the Peoples Elbow would no longer teleport people. Having more dynamic physics did make shit glitchy though

Top Bottom