• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Announced For Switch

Hasney

Fair enough, I watch UUDD here and there but I haven't watched a ton. My bad.

The 2K18 Switch trailer just felt so fake, though. Meanwhile I feel like Woods could make you believe he was hyped about a toaster.

I mean, have you seen Rollins promos?

Eradicate

That trailer with Rollins was...enh

I know he's the cover star but they should've just gotten Xavier Woods because at least he doesn't have to fake his excitement for video games

tumblr_inline_np8xwqHUNC1s4kk59_500.0.gif

SWIIIIIITCH!!!!

I literally will never get tired of these glitch GIFs!

Awesome. Been playing handheld WWE games since first one for GBA in 2001 (I guess it was Wrestlemania X8) it'll be glorious to return to it on Switch. Plus, I couldn't get anyone at work to plat MK or Arms but this will change everyone's minds.

I hope it supports the single JoyCon multiplayer

Gosh, it just has to. This could be a really popular take and go multiplayer fighter.

Gradivus

I haven't watched any wrestling for nearly 10 plus years but bought the current version off steam for character creation alone. Can't wait for 2k18.

Ondore

At best it'll be half as good as Fire Pro World, and given Linda's current job I'm on the outs with WWE anyway. I'll pick this up when it's...

uKuBunO.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow at the "not based on old versions" news.

bigkrev

Awesome. Been playing handheld WWE games since first one for GBA in 2001 (I guess it was Wrestlemania X8) it'll be glorious to return to it on Switch. Plus, I couldn't get anyone at work to plat MK or Arms but this will change everyone's minds.

Which game is that? I have WWE 2K14 for PS3 and WWE 2K15 for PS4 but none of them that long loading times for CAWs.

PSP UMD version of Smackdown vs Raw 2006. I believe they got a little better as time went on (Digital/allowing UMD partial installs helped later in the systems life)

Hasney

Then you have to deal with that save file. 2k17 is 1gb.

Yeah, I was thinking cart space even as the largest so far is 32Gb I believe.

Since it's using the current gen engine, I would take a safeish bet that it runs in 720p, so then all video could be compressed further to get to that size if needed maybe.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Tempting but 2k17 wasn't even a stable 30 on the original PS4 most of the time. I have no faith in NBA or WWE 2k18

Oregano

I guess Take Two/2K were serious about being there when it makes sense. Good stuff.

Good to see them putting their best foot forward with this an NBA too in terms of party and promotion.

Hasney

Tempting but 2k17 wasn't even a stable 30 on the original PS4 most of the time. I have no faith in NBA or WWE 2k18

It's 60fps outside of entrances and for all its faults, it holds it pretty well. There was a patch that fixed some specific framerate bugs.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
It's 60fps outside of entrances and for all its faults, it holds it pretty well. There was a patch that fixed some specific framerate bugs.

I assumed that the pro just fixed those issues, I played it on both. Anyway thanks, thought it was like 30 on the original PS4.

Mind boggling that they could only do 30 fps for 2k17 NBA on the original PS4 but did 60 fps for wwe 2k17 on the original ps4

Tom Nook

I wonder why 2k didn't announce the Switch version along with PS4/XBox announcement?

Probably a quickly updated roster of the Ps3/360 versions :(

Hasney

I assumed that the pro just fixed those issues, I played it on both. Anyway thanks, thought it was like 30 on the original PS4.

Mind boggling that they could only do 30 fps for 2k17 NBA on the original PS4 but did 60 fps for wwe 2k17 on the original ps4

There are certainly sacrifices graphically in WWE to hit 60, while NBA is quite pretty.

I had the PC version of NBA. Annoyingly it can do 165fps but the cut scenes are locked to the framerate so it just goes stupid fast on MyPlayer.

Top Bottom