• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba T

I just don't get it, Roman is not just the guy, it been clear for while.

Look, the WWE pushed Cena to the moon despite all the boos, and that was 11 years ago. This is small stuff to them and they don't give a flying hoot what people think because they are still gonna buy.

DMczaf

Cbylh5vUcAAB_9O.jpg

Has Vince ever watched a Nakamura match?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Look, the WWE pushed Cena to the moon despite all the boos, and that was 11 years ago. This is small stuff to them and they don't give a flying hoot what people think because they are still gonna buy.

Uh Cena was over before that happened though

Heroman

Banned
Cena was over as fuck when he push and also Roman isnt cena.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Goddamn it why aren't the fans buying into Roman?
"Maybe he needs to pin the most popular guy in the company"

Reigns was also over (though not as over as Cena 2004-early 2005) before he got pushed to the moon, so what is your point?

because he wasn't anywhere near as over as Cena was and Cena is talented

I think there is some truth to it Re: Roman and the boos. It's become a part of his character. I'm sure some people boo because they genuinely don't like him. But I'll bet others do because it's fun to do. It allows them to participate in the product. Just like chanting "WHAT?!?" or "YES".

jonjonaug

I think there is some truth to it Re: Roman and the boos. It's become a part of his character. I'm sure some people boo because they genuinely don't like him. But I'll bet others do because it's fun to do. It allows them to participate in the product. Just like chanting "WHAT?!?" or "YES".

Or maybe, just maybe, people boo Roman because they don't like him.

Cagey

Banned
Roman represents WWE.

WWE is the biggest heel in the smark meta-narrative of Their Favs v WWE, the invented by fans and longest running angle in pro wrestling today.

Its simple.

Or maybe, just maybe, people boo Roman because they don't like him.

I'm sure some don't. And the entire thing started because of how bad the WWE bungled his entire push. But it's beyond that now. It's out of their control. It's to a point where the boo's are going to probably follow ROman his entire career, no matter what kind of push he gets or what his character is doing.

Angry Grimace

I can't wait for delusional people to believe that this will somehow "get Roman out of Vince's system" the same way letting him win the title twice before was going to "get it out of his system."

Roman is going to be booed unbelievably merciliessly for the next 5 weeks.

UberTag

Roman represents WWE.

WWE is the biggest heel in the smark meta-narrative of Their Favs v WWE, the invented by fans and longest running angle in pro wrestling today.

Its simple.
You're not wrong. If you ask me, Roman deserves better.

The WWE probably figures boo's are better than silence or indifference. If you're booing you still bought a ticket.
And they're not wrong to think that.

Farsi

I think the boos come from shitty writing trying to give him the Daniel Bryan storyline about conquering the odds. It just doesn't work.

Reigns looks like a bad ass motherfucker, so let him act like a bad ass motherfucker. The only times he's gotten cheers was when he was a bad ass motherfucker.

I'm sure some don't. And the entire thing started because of how bad the WWE bungled his entire push. But it's beyond that now. It's out of their control. It's to a point where the boo's are going to probably follow ROman his entire career, no matter what kind of push he gets or what his character is doing.
Maybe... But cena got booed a ton less when he was doing his US title run.

It was started when Meltzer said that Roman was gonna be the guy. Before that, everyone liked him. The boos have been following him since then. They start to pick up around WM time just like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom