• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That slight hesitation like you said has never been in other versions as far as I know. I have always prided myself in tackling manually, but the delay/lag or whatever just makes me look stupid. I'm not even trying to hit stick, just a simple tackle is a pain in the ass.

I'm really curious to see how I play with the Ravens in league play. 90 rated team, I might win a few this year :lol

I felt bad you kept missing extra points. This is a record for me though, two straight games without missing one.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
Anyone want to scrim?

DCX

Send me a challenge in 10 mins. Need to get a bite to eat real quick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
lamerz didn't exist in the new bracket, that's why. Matrix wanted to play someone, so sable was added. Lamerz was switched to play fmt and then that was replaced by DM. Big deal. You guys are such drama queens.
Sable was left off of the list and you guys started messing around with the games. If you want to call DM and I drama queens for the genuine confusion you guys started, there isn't much I can say. At some point FMT will hopefully post here and fix this.

Rorschach

I didn't make the list and I didn't make the doubledm bracket. I was just offering fixes and updating the brackets because this shit wasn't moving along at all. It really wasn't a big deal and I don't really care what bracket is used. :lol It really doesn't matter.

BigAT said:
Rors, just a heads up, I probably won't be home until monday to play our game.
Roger that, homeslice.

Matrix

GG DCX. :lol at the d, pathetic for both of us.

Also fuck these power backs, I can't take any of them down.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Did Rors CB or FMT go to the GAF Party?

I was kind of hoping you guys would show up like NWO and clobber people with steel chairs. :(

Rorschach

I wish we fucking did do that. Just watching 1 minute of those fucking nerds made me want to clobber shit. And I'm never aggro towards any group of people.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
GG DCX. :lol at the d, pathetic for both of us.

Also fuck these power backs, I can't take any of them down.
fuck Andre, fuck him up his magnificent ass. Davis raped me with the kick returns and Weems can't seem to get past the 16 yard line. What is up with the sluggish net code :/

Kicking seemed ok, but i can see with the pressure on it's going to effect alot of out comes.
GG, dude.

BTW, did we lose the ability to scan the field presnap? I just wanted to pull the cam back and see formations but all it gave me is the play art..could you see my play art when i did it?

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
that Stream/Chat was the funniest thing on GAF since the LiveJasmin Webcams. It was like watching the most awkward trainwreck ever

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
that Stream/Chat was the funniest thing on GAF since the LiveJasmin Webcams. It was like watching the most awkward trainwreck ever
That I agree with. The girl showed up on screen at like 10 PT, the chat FLEW. So glad I was too tired to go out last night and got to see it. :lol

Whatever tho, I give them credit for pulling it off, tho I would never invite a non-gf girl there. We had a GAF meetup here a few years back and I took my ex, but she was a member. Shit I'd have gone if I was in LA.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
That I agree with. The girl showed up on screen at like 10 PT, the chat FLEW. So glad I was too tired to go out last night and got to see it. :lol

Whatever tho, I give them credit for pulling it off, tho I would never invite a non-gf girl there. We had a GAF meetup here a few years back and I took my ex, but she was a member. Shit I'd have gone if I was in LA.

you would have fit in withe the David Arquette and Adam Morrison look alikes

Ramirez

Christ, I play Rors? I should have forfeited my win to Lonestar. :lol

I can play tonight late, probably 11 or 12 EST.

Matrix

DCX said:
fuck Andre, fuck him up his magnificent ass. Davis raped me with the kick returns and Weems can't seem to get past the 16 yard line. What is up with the sluggish net code :/
Kicking seemed ok, but i can see with the pressure on it's going to effect alot of out comes.
GG, dude.

AJ is a sexy beast, about time I can dominate with him again. Too bad I chose the wrong year to use a diff team. Not sure why it was that sluggish, since the game before with CK it wasn't nearly as bad.

Kicking is just a major pain in the ass, simple as that.

Matrix

Anyone want to scrim? I need to try out the Ravens.

Matrix

Ok you host!

Matrix

:lol :lol :lol

holy shit dm you're a sore loser.

About to win the game with my 3rd kr td and he quits :lol

Your team is overrated on D as usual and come on with your lucky catch off my hands to keep a drive going. I never would have had a 3rd kr td.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
:lol :lol :lol

holy shit dm you're a sore loser.

About to win the game with my 3rd kr td and he quits :lol

The game was over, no time on the clock and it was obviously going to be your 3rd KR TD.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
The game was over, no time on the clock and it was obviously going to be your 3rd KR TD.

So let me have the W, I never beat you. I never would have done that :\ It's a scrim, you don't need to quit cause of anger at the game.

I would have liked to have scene the stats.

Matrix

BTW if that's a taste of how people are going to react to playing the Ravens, then I want no part of using a 90 ranked team.

And I ran two back on DCX the game before using the Texans, it's my skillz... love it! :p

Mrbob

From what I've read too, if someone rage quits a game you cannot continue against the CPU anymore?

I already envision issues..."Oh, my internet connection cut out on me sorry!"

Rorschach

Settle down there, DM. By the time these games count, you're gonna burst a vessel.

Mrbob said:
From what I've read too, if someone rage quits a game you cannot continue against the CPU anymore?
Correct. It boots your ass too, so if someone rage quits, you can't get replays anymore either.

Matrix

Mrbob said:

I already envision issues..."Oh, my internet connection cut out on me sorry!"

Yea it won't let you continue, so that was annoying.

Like I said I wanted to see the stats. What was funny is when he quit, a cpu player warped all the way to my guy who was about to score and tackled him so I never hit the end zone :lol Then it still asked if I wanted to continue and it wouldn't let me.

DMczaf

I've given up the 2+ KR TD Achievement like 4 times now. Need the achievement? Give me a call!

I'm just squibbing against everyone now, I don't care if teams start at the 40!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I think DM is cranky because Inception won't hit 300 million domestic.

I still haven't scene it! :( how do you like that MIND fuck.

"I've given up the 2+ KR TD Achievement like 4 times now. Need the achievement? Give me a call!"

Got mine from dcx, they should have another one for people who give up 3+ a game.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
I've given up the 2+ KR TD Achievement like 4 times now. Need the achievement? Give me a call!

I'm just squibbing against everyone now, I don't care if teams start at the 40!

Lets play tonight! Need my chieves!

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Ok, is anyone still gonna defend the kick meter? :D I laughed when FMT missed the PAT yesterday and kicked one out of bounds. :p

Who has been defending it? :lol It's completely awful and that's still how I feel even after improving somewhat.

DMczaf

It's not bad, it's just that there is a crazy lag on it. I want kicking to be harder after the last 4 years of analog kicking, but this is crazy. I'm on the edge of my seat during a 25 yard chip shot!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Who has been defending it? :lol It's completely awful and that's still how I feel even after improving somewhat.
Maybe not defending it, but calling us out for missing XPs! And DM thought we were exaggerating too, but now he sees!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i can't understand how you are missing extra points. i have had lag cause the meter to go ALL the way back on the left and i still make the xp :lol

just hit A, hit A again near the top of the meter, then hit A once more close to the target once it gets back

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
Ok, is anyone still gonna defend the kick meter? :D I laughed when FMT missed the PAT yesterday and kicked one out of bounds. :p

dealwithit.gif

First game I lose due to kicking I'll be in the thread bitching and crying!

Somnia

I've gotten MUCH better with the kicking meter...on extra points and kick offs.

Punting and FG's is an entierly different story.

Matrix

Somnia said:
I've gotten MUCH better with the kicking meter...on extra points and kick offs.

Punting and FG's is an entierly different story.

ha that's what I'm finally better at. Now watch me start missing extra points again.

I still suck at punting and I don't even bother attempting fg's past 35 yards :lol

Somnia

Matrix said:
ha that's what I'm finally better at. Now watch me start missing extra points again.

I still suck at punting and I don't even bother attempting fg's past 35 yards :lol

Ya I noticed that in a few games that in old maddens people would have gone for the FG (I'm talking like a 40yd or 45yd fg) but now they punt it. Fucking Ian!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My problem with the kicking meter is that BS lag with it. It's not so much of a problem on All Pro, but on All Madden difficulty it's a pain in the ass.

Worse is that I use the same guy to kick FGs and kickoff. So after a PAT or a made FG (lol), I just don't understand why the timing on the meter is so different... it's the same guy!

I am glad that it's made harder, but the thing has to be a little more forgiving considering the insane lag that has been present this year. When it's hard to make PATs, the system has to be overhauled.

Matrix said:
AJ is a sexy beast, about time I can dominate with him again. Too bad I chose the wrong year to use a diff team. Not sure why it was that sluggish, since the game before with CK it wasn't nearly as bad.

Kicking is just a major pain in the ass, simple as that.

Aren't you in the UES? We're probably less than five miles apart dude, I would hope it's a good connection. :lol

CB said:
you would have fit in withe the David Arquette and Adam Morrison look alikes

359ei9t.gif

Miguel

I have only had one problem w/ kicking online in about 5-6 games so far.

Missed a PAT, everything else, I can keep at least somewhat reasonably down the middle, or at least inbounds on kickoffs.

Matrix

fucking power backs. Of course since I can't stop them I went to goal line stance :lol

Also missed an extra point, so much for saying I got it down.

Rors missed two.

I have mixed feelings about this game. I like some stuff, but the things that suck really stick out so much that it negates anything I like about it.

edit - yea CK I am, but Ive never had lag with DCX before.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
fucking power backs. Of course since I can't stop it I went to goal line stance :lol

Also missed an extra point, so much for saying I got it down.

Rors missed two.

I have mixed feelings about this game. I like some stuff, but the things that suck really stick out so much that it negates anything I like about it.
:lol That was McFadden. He's not a powerback at all, but every stiffarm was working for some reason. :lol This was his only great game. I've had one decent game against DM with him and this crazy game vs you. The rest, he has averaged 1.5 ypc. :\

I would just be like "eh fuck it, I'll press A" then be shocked when it actually worked. :lol Stop diving so much, btw. You took a lot of people out of position. :p

Miguel

My kicking problem continues to come down to the arrow.

I regularly hit 100%/dead center on accuracy online. I just can't line up the arrow correctly for long distance kicks.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
:lol That was McFadden. He's not a powerback at all, but every stiffarm was working for some reason. :lol This was his only great game. I've had one decent game against DM with him and this crazy game vs you. The rest, he has averaged 1.5 ypc. :\

I would just be like "eh fuck it, I'll press A" then be shocked when it actually worked. :lol Stop diving so much, btw. You took a lot of people out of position. :p

Im diving cause of the sluggish feeling. I like to manually switch to tackle, but its not working this year so I go flying out of position and whiffing and all sorts of shit. I haven't broken my habit yet. I don't trust the cpu to tackle and never have.

He's a power back in my eyes when he's knocking over my players like bowling pins.

Top Bottom