• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass expected to make $5.5 billion in 2025, more than 200% over 2022

Kumomeme

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Ozriel

M$FT
Also, Game Pass' $5.5 billion would make up approximately 35% of Xbox's annual FY23 revenues of $15.47 billion.

6W29LjG.jpeg

FY 2023 ended June 2023, and the revenue profile doesn’t include the boost from the Activision acquisition, so this stat is quite meaningless.

Kikorin

If they'll not going to have a massive growth of new subscribers in CoD launch month, then is really over.

Last edited:

Rockman33

They destroyed regular xbox gamepass, increased normal xbox live and now made the ultimate 20$ with pc getting increase. Every part of the service is jacked up.

Imagine costoco charging more for membership, while increasing the price of items they sell.
Literally what Costco just did. Called inflation.

They destroyed regular xbox gamepass, increased normal xbox live and now made the ultimate 20$ with pc getting increase. Every part of the service is jacked up.

Imagine costoco charging more for membership, while increasing the price of items they sell.
But Costco has though they’ve raised the membership prices and items it’s just not dramatic lol

Three

Literally what Costco just did. Called inflation.
Inflation isn't a 25-33% increase, its 3% this year. Inflation is the lowest it's been since they aleady raised prices in 2023 too. US had higher inflation in 2021 to 2023. If you were fighting inflation you would do it when you first increased price. Not on the downwards trajectory of inflation and 10x more than actual inflation.

V73MQaxT_AHes1oRPDoqMvBSjzJPonZbzWJjsSjsrjQ.png

Costco raised them 8% in 7 years and is still below inflation. $60 7 years ago is worth $76 today. $65/year is lower than this.

The gamepass increase is 25-33% in 1 year. This isn't related to inflation. $14.99/month last year would only be $15.49/month accounting for inflation. A $0.50 increase at 3.3%.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Watering down the service while increasing prices is likely to cause subscriptions to decline imo. I get they’re trying to cast as large of a net as possible by putting GP on other devices, but I doubt it’s going to do much.

Rockman33

Inflation isn't a 25-33% increase, its 3% this year. Inflation is the lowest it's been since they aleady raised prices in 2023 too. US had higher inflation in 2021 to 2023. If you were fighting inflation you would do it when you first increased price. Not on the downwards trajectory of inflation and 10x more than actual inflation.

V73MQaxT_AHes1oRPDoqMvBSjzJPonZbzWJjsSjsrjQ.png

Costco raised them 8% in 7 years and is still below inflation. $60 7 years ago is worth $76 today. $65/year is lower than this.

The gamepass increase is 25-33% in 1 year. This isn't related to inflation. $14.99/month last year would only be $15.49/month accounting for inflation. A $0.50 increase at 3.3%.
Gamepass ultimate launched in 2019. It’s been 5 years. In 5 years a 33% increase does not seem that outrageous.

Inflation is also compounded. So if it goes up 8% one year at 15. Then the next year its 16.2. Another 7% on 16.2 is 17.33. An so on.

Three

Gamepass ultimate launched in 2019. It’s been 5 years. In 5 years a 33% increase does not seem that outrageous.

Inflation is also compounded. So if it goes up 8% one year at 15. Then the next year its 16.2. Another 7% on 16.2 is 17.33. An so on.
Except you're ignoring that the 33% doesn't include the increase that happened just last year which was itself a 20% increase so 20% and then a further 33%. My calculations of $76 and $0.5 include any compounding anyway too. Vp = Vf / (1 + r / n)^nt. You're making excuses.

Last edited:

Rockman33

Except you're ignoring that the 33% doesn't include the increase that happened just last year which was itself a 20% increase so 20% and then a further 33%. My calculations of $76 and $0.5 include any compounding anyway too. Vp = Vf / (1 + r / n)^nt. You're making excuses.
What are you talking about?

2019 15
2023 17
2024 20

That’s 33% total. Where do you get your numbers from?

And excuses? Why would I make excuses for a multi trillion dollar company. I’m just trying to teach an idiot how numbers work.

Three

What are you talking about?

2019 15
2023 17
2024 20

That’s 33% total. Where do you get your numbers from?

And excuses? Why would I make excuses for a multi trillion dollar company. I’m just trying to teach an idiot how numbers work.
You're looking at the wrong thing that's why. I gave you a range of increases. The ~33% is not on ultimate. Even using ultimate compounded from 2019 you're 11% above inflation it would be ~$18. Now do Gamepass standard though and tell me it's just inflation. Compounded inflation again even from 2019 would be just ~$12 today. Not $14.99 and losing day 1 games.

Last edited:

Rockman33

You're looking at the wrong thing that's why. I gave you a range of increases. The ~33% is not on ultimate. Even using ultimate compounded from 2019 you're 11% above inflation it would be ~$18. Now do Gamepass standard though and tell me it's just inflation. Compounded inflation again even from 2019 would be just ~$12 today. Not $14.99 and losing day 1 games.
Gamepass standard includes online as well. Gamepass previously did not. Agree they shouldn’t have combined the two but it’s not the same service, therefore you can’t compare the two.

Last edited:
I don't take financial analysts' predictions seriously. If they were as smart as they'd like us to think, they would be filthy rich and not writing little articles like this.
I mean this is why I can't take any "professional" stock advice seriously, if they were so good at picking stocks, why aren't they all billionaires?

Three

Gamepass standard includes online as well. Gamepass previously did not. Agree they shouldn’t have combined the two but it’s not the same service, therefore you can’t compare the two.
So you see that it's not just inflation then. Its above it on all tiers even ones that are the same plus the structural changes that remove day one. You see that $76 and $0.5 includes compounding already since its from the last price increases? So what numbers were you "teaching an idiot"?

Rockman33

So you see that it's not just inflation then. Its above it on all tiers even ones that are the same plus the structural changes that remove day one. You see that $76 and $0.5 includes compounding already since its from the last price increases? So what numbers were you "teaching an idiot"?
Brother, you’ve lost your damn mind. I’m not wasting any more time on this conversation.

Top Bottom