• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox: If you look closely, you'll notice these games are coming to Xbox🤓

Mownoc

If MS looked closely they'd remember they have a console. Their two latest releases aren't even on it. (Towerborne, Ara)

Last edited:

Klayzer

And when they get called out or you play them at their own game:

Drag Race GIF by Laganja Estranja
Quite right. As evidenced by the usual x-victims. They certainly know how to troll/gaslight, like their fanbase typically does here.

Last edited:

akira__

Banned
To top of their pettines for their own showcases they sign an deal banning companies to speak about other platforms.

Klayzer

To top of their pettines for their own showcases they sign an deal banning companies to speak about other platforms.

No. Xbox is being unfairly called out.
zA2ZNcL.gif

Fabieter

It's ironic considering they kept pulling the same stunt at every E3, with Sega and others not being allowed to mention that their games are coming to other platforms. It's such a frustrating move. If you want to be treated with honesty, you should start by being honest yourself.

Astray

It's ironic considering they kept pulling the same stunt at every E3, with Sega and others not being allowed to mention that their games are coming to other platforms. It's such a frustrating move. If you want to be treated with honesty, you should start by being honest yourself.
I'm still fearing that Re:Fantazio will flop because of the dumb deal Sega signed.

Reaseru

ironic coming from the platform holder that won’t even let publishers mention that their games are coming to other platforms for ~2-3 days after events

After reviewing with the VAR, I decided the tackle was beyond the acceptable rules. I therefore give you a red card. Out.

Last edited:

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Xbox does the exact same thing everytime they hold an event. To my knowledge Sony has never pointed out all the third party titles that will also be on PlayStation right after Xbox held an event. But this is what Xbox feels they need to do everytime there is a PlayStation event now. Feel free to correct me anyone if I’m wrong on that and I will gladly stand corrected.

It just reeks of desperation. Their competitors let them have their day when they hold an event.
There aren't a lot of third party games that skip Playstation these days... So it's a given, no?

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Going by this thread and the similar one on Resetera they annoyed all the right people with their tweet.

Played Soul Reaver on the Dreamcast back in the day so the thinking it was exclusive for the those first couple of hours was a bit shit. Glad Xbox clarified.
All one had to do was see what was omitted to know whether it was exclusive or not. Unlike Microsoft, Sony is usually candid about what’s exclusive and what isn’t.

They just need attention anytime Sony does a show.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Pretty sure you didn’t.
What a weird thing to say.

Edit: I see the confusion. I was referring to the Legacy and Kain on PS1 and the follow up Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver on Dreamcast (this one being the "2nd one" in the series). I wasn't aware that there was a "Soul Reaver 2" in the works, and that isn't what I was referring to. I thought they were remaking both of these games. I'm disappointed we aren't seeing a remake of Legacy of Kain now.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

What a weird thing to say.

Edit: I see the confusion. I was referring to the Legacy and Kain on PS1 and the follow up Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver on Dreamcast (this one being the "2nd one" in the series). I wasn't aware that there was a "Soul Reaver 2" in the works, and that isn't what I was referring to.
Oh. I see now. I said it because Soul Reaver 2 is CLEARLY a Dreamcast game (high definition for a PS2 game but limited texture draw distance) and got axed and quickly ported to the PS2.

DeepSpace5D

There aren't a lot of third party games that skip Playstation these days... So it's a given, no?
Sure, but there aren’t a lot of third party games that skip either console, no? Maybe Sony gets a tiny bit more Japanese games, but the vast majority of third party games go to both consoles if they haven’t been moneyhatted from either side.

And if it’s a given already, why does Xbox go out of their way to not allow other platforms to be mentioned for a certain period of time following one of their events?

Probably because they don’t want some of the shine to be taken away from the event they just had. Because they know that whether or not a game is releasing everywhere, when it is shown at a specific console’s event, people are going to naturally associate the game with that console.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I don't think most people were annoyed. Just laughing at the irony.
In a nutshell.

I guess the tweet had the leve of effect they could ever hope for.

triggered GIF

When Xbox ran events back since 360. "Who cares, those aren't exclusives, only exclusives matter".
Yeah, just like console sales. They suddenly don’t matter anymore either. 😉

Last edited:
Top Bottom