• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox: If you look closely, you'll notice these games are coming to Xbox🤓

Natsuko

All quite nice. But if Xbox continues to have such boring exclusives, you can play on PlayStation or PC. Only for multiplatform you don't need an Xbox dear Phil.

akira__

Banned
Xbox is a great case study where bad leadership's can destroy the entire brand
From market leaders with 360 to falling back and now almost irrelevant in 2 gens.
If brain dead people were running Xbox they would've run it better than don matick and Phil Spencer.
Don Matrick was send out to capture the living room. His tenure was really short, just a few years. But they did deliver exclusives back then.
Xbox one launch period, had games that are still talked about.

They got the newest game from the makers of COD, titanfall.

- Titanfall
- Ryse of Rome
- Killer instinct
- Sunset overdrive

Something changed after Don left, wonder what it was🤔

soulbait

Yes, marketing is so petty....

You guys want to attack Xbox no matter what they do, and it does not make sense. Them tweeting out what games are also coming to their platform is not petty, it is informing people. No issue with Sony or Nintendo doing it as well. These events almost never show what other platforms the third-party games will be on. The big, AAA games from from Ubi, EA, and others, you usually know they are going to other platforms. But the other smaller, third-party games can be a crapshoot if they are or not.

I do not see this as petty, but simple marketing. They know people are watching the State of Play and will get excited about these games. Of course you want them to know they will be on your platform as well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Feels like a rogue intern who thought they were funny
giphy.gif

Yes, marketing is so petty....

You guys want to attack Xbox no matter what they do, and it does not make sense. Them tweeting out what games are also coming to their platform is not petty, it is informing people. No issue with Sony or Nintendo doing it as well. These events almost never show what other platforms the third-party games will be on. The big, AAA games from from Ubi, EA, and others, you usually know they are going to other platforms. But the other smaller, third-party games can be a crapshoot if they are or not.

I do not see this as petty, but simple marketing. They know people are watching the State of Play and will get excited about these games. Of course you want them to know they will be on your platform as well.
People are also forgetting that the usuals, and Sony themselves, were on Twitter informing people that xyz was also releasing on PlayStation after the last Xbox showcase 🫣

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People are also forgetting that the usuals, and Sony themselves, were on Twitter informing people that xyz was also releasing on PlayStation after the last Xbox showcase 🫣
Show me where Sony does the same pettiness in tweets within minutes after a show. You can't, they just share them 24 to 48 hours later after the slimy platform things™ gag order, and make no mention in a warring nature such as this. Stop making up SonyToo stories.

Skifi28

You guys want to attack Xbox no matter what they do, and it does not make sense. Them tweeting out what games are also coming to their platform is not petty, it is informing people.

You're missing the irony that Xbox during their own showcases have embargos on third party games where publishers are not allowed to announce them for other platforms for 24-48 hours. Poor Xbox being attacked.

Show me where Sony does the same pettiness in tweets within minutes after a show. You can't, they just share them 24 to 48 hours later after the slimy platform things™ gag order, and make no mention in a warring nature such as this. Stop making up SonyToo stories.
There's no pettiness in the Xbox tweet though? Just the usual dumbass hurr hurr we're relatable marketing gibberish everyone does.

sainraja

I don't see the big deal in their tweet but it does seem silly that they even care to... wouldn't Sony have announced it as an exclusive if it was one?
This is a practice they both do and when it is not announced as an exclusive I simply assume it is coming to all platforms.

akira__

Banned
I don't see the big deal in their tweet but it does seem silly that they even care to... wouldn't Sony have announced it as an exclusive if it was one?
This is a practice they both do and when it is not announced as an exclusive I simply assume it is coming to all platforms.

If you yourself create contracts with embargoes for your shows, yet you tweet out fake nice reminders when you are the on the other side.

You don't see the hypocrisy in that?

Don Matrick was send out to capture the living room. His tenure was really short, just a few years. But they did deliver exclusives back then.
Xbox one launch period, had games that are still talked about.

They got the newest game from the makers of COD, titanfall.

- Titanfall
- Ryse of Rome
- Killer instinct
- Sunset overdrive

Something changed after Don left, wonder what it was🤔
It was that 1 e3 where Xbox lost the entire gen in that hour.
Kinect kinect kinect mandatory online and Xbox one never really recovered from that disaster.
Same in Phil's case promised games for like 5 years and when the games actually started coming they made sure you don't need an Xbox

sainraja

If you yourself create contracts with embargoes for your shows, yet you tweet out fake nice reminders when you are the on the other side.

You don't see the hypocrisy in that?
So, yeah, that is a bit strange, yes. If that same embargo applies to Sony, who isn't able to do the same thing MS is, then yes, definitely hypocritical of Microsoft. Otherwise, it just looks a bit silly because had it been exclusive to a Sony platform, it would have been announced as such.

Last edited:
I think most people would agree that it does and is a far cry from the 360 days.

Halo 3’s launch felt like a huge event at the time. I remember grabbing it early morning on launch day and playing the hell out of it for weeks until RROD broke the streak.

I think that launch was the peak moment in Xbox history.

Compared to Xbox today it feels like a lifetime ago, for some people on this forum it probably was.

GinSama

The fact that it has to be explained to some of you is the real comedy.
"Some of you" is this a cult talking or what?? Lolol
What the hell are you talking about...

There is something wrong if people take serious the tweets of consoles brands... specially when they use bait like this.

Lmao. No wonder Xbox is in the state they are in. Instead of demanding better of them, or even supporting games by buying them, their cultists (no other way to put it if you're still onboard the Titanic at this point in its sinking, claiming all is well) brag about triggering PS fans with tweets.

Sorry, but the truth is the rest of the gaming community is laughing at you and Xbox with their pathetic #metoo tweets. Not only does it reek of desperation, they've basically sunken to the level of a jealous high school girl.

Last edited:
I think this ends up highlighting the games they are not getting, that I assumed were multiplats. Cause they don’t mention the exclusivity in the state of play.

Top Bottom