• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox: If you look closely, you'll notice these games are coming to Xbox🤓

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
"Some of you" is this a cult talking or what?? Lolol
What the hell are you talking about...

There is something wrong if people take serious the tweets of consoles brands... specially when they use bait like this.
There is something wrong with a company who puts out a tweet like that in the first place. There is also something wrong if you can’t see that, but hey, that’s on you.

JackMcGunns JackMcGunns

I realize you’re struggling, but yup, perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Yes, and many others understood. It's not on me if you don't.

Hint: Only one company posts tweets like that. Shouldn't be hard to figure out the who/what/why if you get it.
I don’t see how it’s petty to point out games that are coming to your platform. They’re just educating people that what you saw in the last Nintendo Direct, or State of Play, it doesn’t mean that they’re console exclusives, that it just means that they were announced in a platform holder's broadcast, but they’re still multiplatform. And not to put too fine a point on it, but you have to look up on Google or find the publisher’s separate upload of these trailers to find out all the other platforms these games are coming to. It’s honestly rather annoying.

I don’t agree at all with your rather odd/overreactionary claim that it’s “petty”.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I don’t see how it’s petty to point out games that are coming to your platform. They’re just educating people that what you saw in the last Nintendo Direct, or State of Play, it doesn’t mean that they’re console exclusives, that it just means that they were announced in a platform holder's broadcast, but they’re still multiplatform. And not to put too fine a point on it, but you have to look up on Google or find the publisher’s separate upload of these trailers to find out all the other platforms these games are coming to. It’s honestly rather annoying.

I don’t agree at all with your rather odd/overreactionary claim that it’s “petty”.
I can see why you may not take it that way, but to me, there's a way to go about it. No, just the act of saying those games are coming to your platform isn't petty. Agreed. However, Microsoft's way of doing it (timing, context, etc) just reeks of desperation. It's that "heyy, look at me. I exist too" sort of response.

Had it said something like, "in case Xbox fans are curious, many of those games are also coming to the Xbox platform", it would have sounded much more professional and less...... well......petty. They've done similar in the past. Xbox fans get in a tizzy like they have to defend it, but in my world, my issue is usually not with them and more with the company they support.

Last edited:
I can see why you may not take it that way, but to me, there's a way to go about it. No, just the act of saying those games are coming to your platform isn't petty. Agreed. However, Microsoft's way of doing it (timing, context, etc) just reeks of desperation. It's that "heyy, look at me. I exist too" sort of response.

Had it said something like, "in case Xbox fans are curious, many of those games are also coming to the Xbox platform", it would have sounded much more professional and less...... well......petty. They've done similar in the past. Xbox fans get in a tizzy like they have to defend it, but in my world, my issue is usually not with them and more with the company they support.
I’m not an “Xbox fan”, I typically own all 3 current-gen platforms by the end of a cycle. Not anymore than I’m a “Nintendo fan” or a “PS fan”. Rather, I’m a fan of great games and I’ll buy whatever hardware I need to in order to play them.

This whole thing where it’s pitted as Us vs Them, it just seems ridiculous to me.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I’m not an “Xbox fan”, I typically own all 3 current-gen platforms by the end of a cycle. Not anymore than I’m a “Nintendo fan” or a “PS fan”. Rather, I’m a fan of great games and I’ll buy whatever hardware I need to in order to play them.
Oh, I didn't mean you specifically. More of a general statement. :)

100% with you on that last sentence.

In any event, do you actually have a reasonable rebuttal as Dr. Wilkinson Dr. Wilkinson did or are you here to just tell me that you were somehow bothered by that sentence?
You're the one hogging this thread like you life depends on it, no one else is in a tizzy.
Like I said before this tweet is nothing more than an info post that those games will also come to XBox, nothing petty about it.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
You're the one hogging this thread like you life depends on it, no one else is in a tizzy.
Like I said before this tweet is nothing more than an info post that those games will also come to XBox, nothing petty about it.
I mean, you quoted me. Last time I checked, if you don't want someone to engage, you don't quote them.

So, Kratos, do you understand now? :p

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
That's usually how message boards work.
But it's fine. It'll be a nice entry in your diary that Xbox posted a mean tweet.
Maybe mom will bring you some warm milk and honey and all will be forgotten tomorrow.
You're right. Message boards allow you to post freely. Glad we agree.

As for the rest, I'm sorry you went through something as a youngin', but it'll be okay. :)

Nydius

I truly don’t understand why *advertising games coming to your platform, too* is petty. Educate me.

Personally, I find the phrasing petty.

They didn't need that shade. They could have simply written:
Coming soon to Xbox platforms [image].

It's the way they phrased it with "If you look closely enough..." that makes it petty. As if they're a victim of something because those games chose to show at a competing platform holder's livestream where they'd get more exposure. The same kind of pettiness by a company that make comments like "not commenting on exclusivity deals" when games skip their systems or are delayed for them, knowing those deals don't exist so they can con "journalists" into console warring on their behalf.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I wish I ran the PlayStation account cause I'd have my design department mock up all the 1st party Xbox games that are coming to PS and do the same thing...

If you look closely, you'll noticed these game are coming to PlayStation LOL sometimes you need to let ppl know that there are consequences to being cheeky... you might just get them cheeks checked LOL
I'm sure Microsoft would love the free advertising of their software by Sony. You make it seem as if that would be some sort of "burn" against MS.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
iu
Tee Hee

GinSama

This whole thing where it’s pitted as Us vs Them, it just seems ridiculous to me.
Careful because someone might say that you are like "some of you" people 😂😂

Last edited:

GinSama

There is something wrong with a company who puts out a tweet like that in the first place. There is also something wrong if you can’t see that, but hey, that’s on you.

JackMcGunns JackMcGunns

I realize you’re struggling, but yup, perfectly fine.
Funny because I never gave my opinion about this....in fact you can see that I don't give a f about tweets from company A,B,C...because guess what people that manage this accounts are people that are good to post things to give clicks...

I only said that people got triggered and seeing the amount of post of the thread guess I didn't said anything wrong.

But hey you do you I guess.....

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Funny because I never gave my opinion about this....in fact you can see that I don't give a f about tweets from company A,B,C...because guess what people that manage this accounts are people that are good to post things to give clicks...

I only said that people got triggered and seeing the amount of post of the thread guess I didn't said anything wrong.

But hey you do you I guess.....
I mean chicken → egg. We're having this discussion because a multi-trillion dollar company was somehow "triggered" by a showcase from its closest competitor. That's really it. Us bickering is only a response and I certainly don't see you or anyone else here as an enemy.

Last edited:
Personally, I find the phrasing petty.

They didn't need that shade. They could have simply written:
Coming soon to Xbox platforms [image].

It's the way they phrased it with "If you look closely enough..." that makes it petty. As if they're a victim of something because those games chose to show at a competing platform holder's livestream where they'd get more exposure. The same kind of pettiness by a company that make comments like "not commenting on exclusivity deals" when games skip their systems or are delayed for them, knowing those deals don't exist so they can con "journalists" into console warring on their behalf.
I think you are reading an awful lot into it. It probably took a low-salary person on the marketing team 5 minutes to get that tweet up, and they might not have even needed higher-up approval for it. It doesn’t read as something that rises to the level of petty, to me anyway. Obviously we’ll just agree to disagree on that.

I don’t think it was an Xbox leadership-driven conspiracy that ordered marketing throw up a petty tweet, as a direct reaction to the SoP. They simply wanted to capitalize on the moment and educate millions of people that “hey, just so ya know, not everything you saw in that SoP was a console exclusive. Very little of it was, in actuality.” I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal, at all.

I also think that the industry platform leaders could and should do a better job of not making it so difficult to ascertain when games are Multiplatform. Last night I had to look up the games later on Google and YouTube and see the uploads directly from the publishers in order to see where the games were actually going. I find it quite annoying.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I read it. What am I missing? You’re the one accusing pettiness. Explain it. Are you not able to?

I feel the same, I guess that the idea is that Sony arranged for a 3rd party trailer on their State Of Play and because of that Xbox should never mention that game from that point on. Because it's petty. Apparently.

Edit: so weird how you two spend your entire lives dedicated to posting laughing emojis.

Last edited:

PatientGamer

Gold Member
lol I see what Xbox is getting at... but what I don't understand is barely anyone is interested in that shocking list of games. So it's not much of a 'gotcha' that Xbox's social media team thinks it is 🤣

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Does Sony do equivalent posts whenever Xbox has a showcase and literally all of those games will be on PlayStation at some point?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Does Sony do equivalent posts whenever Xbox has a showcase and literally all of those games will be on PlayStation at some point?
They don't have to. Almost everything goes to PS. If it doesn't, the press and fans hound whoever is putting out the game until its clarified. Even timed exclusive deals have to have a statement put out explaining how long the contract is so PS gamers can know exactly when its coming, like Rise of the Tomb Raider or Stalker 2. Threads of Time dev just issued a statement on twitter within the hour after their trailer. It's a pretty normal thing for people to wonder which systems games are coming out on and ask about it.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
You make like this that post was some kind of "burn" against Sony... it's all about having fun bruh don't take this console shit so serious.

I’m an old man, I don’t console war, nor have any loyalty to any company except my own. I think you wildly misunderstood the point of my post.

Top Bottom