• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

munroe

Uh.... In my ready to install enhanced list, Mirror's Edge is showing up and not the most recent version but the original ME..

If that's had a resolution bump, would love it if it was like those old downsampled images from the PC version

Curious if the XOX will make notoriously poor performing games like Just Cause 3 and AC Unity more playable.
Unity unpatched can get up to 60 fps. It averages at 45 fps on busy scenes. With the patch, the game gets capped at 30 fps, so I guess it should be a locked 30 experience. Consider that the patched version runs with better optimization than the unpatched one.

Just Cause 3 is an unfixable mess. Much better than base version but it can get into the very low 20s quite easily.

frogger

OMG the patch size

Assassin's Creed Origins – 42.8 GB
Conan Exiles – 28.57 GB
Dead Rising 4 – 59.15 GB
Disneyland Adventures – 16.9 GB
F1 2017 – 34.81 GB
Fallout 3 – 6.1 GB
FIFA 18 – 45.8 GB
Gears of War 4 – 103.3 GB
Halo 3 – 10.4 GB
Halo 5: Guardians – 107 GB
Halo Wars 2 – 43.7 GB
Killer Instinct – 47.1 GB
Madden NFL 18 – 39.05 GB
Oblivion – 6.4 GB
Outlast 2 – 18.8 GB
Path of Exile – 9.2 GB
Portal Knights – 4.91 GB
Project CARS 2 – 44.64 GB
Quantum Break – 83.6 GB
Rise of the Tomb Raider – 21.95 GB
Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure – 20.8 GB
Slime Rancher – 1.06 GB
SMITE – 14.6 GB
Super Lucky's Tale – 8.6 GB
World of Tanks – 47.2 GB
Zoo Tycoon – 9.2 GB

Holy shit this is impressive plus it plays 4k BD!

I told myself I didn't need/want one but this looks like the ultimate living room system

Gorki247

What exactly will "forced v-sync mean? I'm a big fan of "The Golf Club 2" on both the XBox One and the PC, If it means forced at 30 FPS in TGC 2, I'm sure I won't be impressed, based on my experience with how much better 60 FPS feels on the PC version. When I see forced v-sync, it means it will either force it to 30 FPS or 60 FPS. The question is this, how does the "X" decide which v-sync level is it going to force it to?

I'm starting to think I wish we had the option not to force v-sync on the X, and just allow the system to seek its highest frame rate, screen tearing or not. I find that screen tearing is not a problem in The Golf Club 2, when I have v-sync disabled in the game's options.

Forced v-sync does not mean forced at 30 FPS. In theory, the FPS may take a hit when enabling v-sync but I suspect this will be negligible in the case of the Xbox One X.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Xbox One also uses forced v-sync in the case of backwards compatible games, btw.

Seen some new games pop up in the X1XE section of My Games & Apps. Kind of surprised to see Mirror's Edge Backward Compatible getting an X patch.

Forced v-sync does not mean forced at 30 FPS. In theory, the FPS may take a hit when enabling v-sync but I suspect this will be negligible in the case of the Xbox One X.

I wondered if I was reading too much into this... thanks for that clarification! I've noticed when I use The Golf Club 2's in-game option to enable vsync, the game's performance seems to take a hit in frame rate. What I wasn't sure of was whether the frame rate was directly proportional to the vsync setting. I know in the PC version of TGC 2, there's an option for setting the vsync at 30 or 60, whereas it's only 30 in the XBox One version.

I'm off to do some reading on this now and educate myself a bit more on vsync. Thanks for getting me started!

SDMG

Madden Xbox One X Update

Enhancements available for Madden 18 Xbox One X Include:

Upgraded Resolution from 1080p to 4K Ultra HD: Providing players with the highest fidelity visuals in Madden NFL experience ever, delivering hyper-realistic gameplay to your fingertips

Gameplay Runs at a Consistent 60 frames per second (fps): Delivers seamless transitions and improved gameplay performance between each down

Character Level of Detail: Vibrant, detailed athlete visuals bringing your favorite NFL stars to life!

Madden Xbox One X Update

Upgraded Resolution from 1080p to 4K Ultra HD: Providing players with the highest fidelity visuals in Madden NFL experience ever, delivering hyper-realistic gameplay to your fingertips

Gameplay Runs at a Consistent 60 frames per second (fps): Delivers seamless transitions and improved gameplay performance between each down

Character Level of Detail: Vibrant, detailed athlete visuals bringing your favorite NFL stars to life!

Can't wait to see footage of this one!

solis74

Madden Xbox One X Update

great!

splattered

Man I still only have a 5tb external and it's 75% full. I wonder how many of my 360/arcade titles will fit on internal storage until I can buy a bigger drive... Right now I literally have zero games saved internally.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Holy shit, you can't handle 4k Ben McAdoo on acid. Be safe out there playing Madden on the X.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Efffff that tomb raider patch hurt me lol. I don't think my hard drive can take another set of 4k textures lol.

Sizzle55

Madden Xbox One X Update

Any updates on load time improvements that you know of? It can be a real drag cheers!

LeFlamaBlanca

Neo Member
Madden Xbox One X Update

Meh. The move to frostbite was alright but unless the revamped the textures and everything else, it’ll at least look crisp.

Couldn’t tell a difference between previous years during the trial

Now that the Forza updated is available, we've made again some comparisons between Xbox One and Xbox One X on 1080p TV since everyone seems to like it :

http://www.xboxygen.com/News/26051-Xbox-One-X-sur-TV-1080p-comparatif-sur-Forza-Motorsport-7

990005forzaa.jpg

jonafish

Neo Member
Now that the Forza updated is available, we've made again some comparisons between Xbox One and Xbox One X on 1080p TV since everyone seems to like it :

That is impressive. I'm very much on the fence of getting one of these now, despite not owning a 4ktv. The disc drive in my launch console went out on me a couple months back.

solis74

Current list of Xbox One X Enhanced games that are available right now. 41 of them & that number should grow to around 70 by the 7th.

DNvokNfX0AAVYMe.jpg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
One of the reasons I had little interest in backwards compatibility was that the games just looked like shit.

With the enhancements they have given older games new life.

I can’t wait to see how good Fallout 3 looks.
A resolution boost goes a long way for me.

solis74

One of the reasons I had little interest in backwards compatibility was that the games just looked like shit.

With the enhancements they have given older games new life.

I can’t wait to see how good Fallout 3 looks.
A resolution boost goes a long way for me.

I cant wait to jump back into Oblivion :)

Top Bottom