• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
OK something is up, I have 4 Xbox One X Enhanced games on my drop down;
Dead Rising 4
killer Instinct
Oblivion
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Clicking through my games checking "assets installed" I have Scorpio assets installed in the below;

Project Cars 1
Cod Ww2
DOOM
Gears of War ultimate edition
Forza Horizon 3
Forza 6

Anyone got any idea what is going on here?

Assets installed?

Where is that option to check which assets are installed?

MilkyJoe

Assets installed?

Where is that option to check which assets are installed?

Go to games and apps, highlight the games then, at the same time push and hold;LB, RB, the button with the two squares on it and the button with the three lines on it (what used to be select and start) hold all 4 for 2 seconds, then let go at the same time and you'll see this.

xbox-4k-assets-how-to-recore.png

If it's just assets for X1 it'll say Durango only, if it's 1X assets it'll say Durango and Scorpio.

9m035ib0h8uz.jpg

arhra

Go to games and apps, highlight the games then, at the same time push and hold;LB, RB, the button with the two squares on it and the button with the three lines on it (what used to be select and start) hold all 4 for 2 seconds, then let go at the same time and you'll see this.

If it's just assets for X1 it'll say Durango only, if it's 1X assets it'll say Durango and Scorpio.

OK, firstly you're making it way harder on yourself than you need to - you only need to hit the LB + RB + View, and there's no need to hold it.

Secondly, that assets line is a complete red herring. Anything installed or updated since you upgraded to the newest dash update (or a certain build of it if you're in preview) will show Scorpio on there. The next update (the November update that's in preview currently) removes that line entirely.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

9m035ib0h8uz.jpg

We really have no clue what any of that means at this point. Scorpio assets might meaning anything at this point. It simply could mean internally they have booted the game to confirm it works and have updated the back end to show that.

Hawk269

9m035ib0h8uz.jpg

Weird. Prey is not on any official list of being Xbox One Enhanced. I was going to buy it as part of the Buy 2 get 1 Free at Target, but since it was not on the list I passed on it.

Gorki247

Latest Alpha Insider update has a feature to see if XBX assets have been installed.

You can now check whether a specific game has downloaded Xbox One X assets from Games & Apps. To do this, navigate to Games & Apps > Games, place the focus over an Xbox One X Enhanced game, press the Menu button, and select Manage game. In the Manage game menu you’ll see Xbox One X Assets: Installed if Xbox One X Enhanced content has been installed.

Granty666uk

So has Call of duty WW2 came pre-patched or was the 9 gig day one patch the 4K hdr update ? Mine is not in my enhanced tab there again neither is Ass Creed Origin.

Kind of confusing lol

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So has Call of duty WW2 came pre-patched or was the 9 gig day one patch the 4K hdr update ? Mine is not in my enhanced tab there again neither is Ass Creed Origin.

Kind of confusing lol

9 gig day one patch don't think it had anything to do with 4k or HDR. Just general fixes and content.

9 gig day one patch don't think it had anything to do with 4k or HDR. Just general fixes and content.

^^^ This...

The patch for 4K HDR will be more then 9gb

Funny because there are people already comparing the Pro version of COD to the X on Youtube and the X hasn't even been patched yet.

Pantz

I really love how Microsoft keeps their own list updated of all enhanced games. Unlike Sony who says we're on our own in figuring everything out.

MilkyJoe

^^^ This...

The patch for 4K HDR will be more then 9gb

Funny because there are people already comparing the Pro version of COD to the X on Youtube and the X hasn't even been patched yet.

Some folks are desperate, it's going to be a rough 3 or 4 years... Heh...

solis74

The Xbox One X support for Final Fantasy XV includes 4K output and HDR.

The Xbox One X support for Final Fantasy XV includes 4K output and HDR, and comes just in time for the release of the console, which will happen tomorrow, November 7th.
we also learn that the rollout of the update that will add support for Xbox One X will happen today at approximately 8 PM Japan time. Since it’ll be already past 8 locally when I’ll be done writing this article, you should find the patch ready to download.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm curious about the USB port and if it's 3.1 Gen 1 w/ UAS support and how that could play into an external 500GB SSD drives speed. Anyone know?
I don’t get my One X until tonight, but I have an external SSD w/ UAS hooked up to my Xbox One X and while it’s a bit faster it isn’t all that impressive of an increase. Long loading sections still are long.

I do hope that changes on the One X though.

cireza

Even if playing on a 1080p TV, I need to check the "download 4K assets" to have the patches that improve framerates etc... ?

cireza

If you want to enjoy supersampling, yes :)
Absolutely.

But let's say I don't care about supersampling, do you think that the "smooth" options of some games will still appear ? Maybe we don't know yet.

Also, we can't download the 4K assets on a per game basis I think. Is this correct ? Thanks :)

BetterCallSauls

Neo Member
I believe in the alpha update you can go to manage game and you can see the 4k assets separate from the rest of the game. I'd assume you can delete from there if needed.

arhra

Absolutely.

But let's say I don't care about supersampling, do you think that the "smooth" options of some games will still appear ? Maybe we don't know yet.

Also, we can't download the 4K assets on a per game basis I think. Is this correct ? Thanks :)

4K game content downloads are non-optional on the X, the checkbox in settings doesn't show up and they're downloaded by default. They may be removable via the "shrinkable games" feature, but my X hasn't arrived yet so I can't say for sure.

I believe in the alpha update you can go to manage game and you can see the 4k assets separate from the rest of the game. I'd assume you can delete from there if needed.

Not quite. The alpha update adds an informational line to the manage game screen that tells you that 4k content is installed, but you can't remove it from there. You might be able to remove it via the shrinkable games feature, as I mentioned above.

Unity2012

I'm waiting on patches for Hitman, GR:Wildlands and Witcher 3.

The only game, I really enjoy, and it doesn't seem like it will receive any enhancement is Xcom 2.

CrazyDutch

Neo Member
In the OP, only 4K is being mentioned with FIFA 18. Since FIFA 18 on PS4 is 4K HDR, I presume the Xbox One X version is also 4K HDR?

cireza

4K game content downloads are non-optional on the X, the checkbox in settings doesn't show up and they're downloaded by default. They may be removable via the "shrinkable games" feature, but my X hasn't arrived yet so I can't say for sure.
Thank you for the answer :)

So people with a One or One S have the option ? This looks strange, why would they be able to download the 4K content if the console can't use it ?

Edit : found the answer, it was to preload the stuff.

Top Bottom