• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
HDR is a huge deal to me! Especially today. I just fired up Recore Definite Edition to see the HDR effect. I can tell you, bring your sunglasses with you, it looks f**king awsome on my OLED!

Dynomutt

HDR is a huge deal to me! Especially today. I just fired up Recore Definite Edition to see the HDR effect. I can tell you, bring your sunglasses with you, it looks f**king awsome on my OLED!

Agreed. HDR well done has a bigger impact IMO than 4K. In tandem it's a one two punch. Really hope this game gets love with the update/definitive edition. It has charm and personality just a bit rough around the edges.

It is, the quality is kinda iffy at times though. I guess i was just holding out hope for some magical fix haha

I thought I had heard it could stream out to the Internet at 4k (assuming you have the upload for it!) but I can't see it on their website anywhere....so I may have made it up...

Colbert

Banned
I thought I had heard it could stream out to the Internet at 4k (assuming you have the upload for it!) but I can't see it on their website anywhere....so I may have made it up...

Not it can't. They only said they look into it. It will stream in 1080p60fps at release. But you can record footage in 4k with HDR intact.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So what's the word on best place to pre-order fellas? Is Amazon still on top?

If I'm not mistaken, all pre-orders are sold out. If they become available again, make sure you find out if they would be release date shipment or a future shipment, and which edition you'd be getting and that it's the one you want.

Best places in the U.S. are:
Best Buy
Amazon.com
Gamestop
ThinkGeek (Gamestop Corp.)

After that, I guess:
Target
Walmart
Other big box store based on your region like Frys, ..etc.

gossi

Agreed. HDR well done has a bigger impact IMO than 4K. In tandem it's a one two punch. Really hope this game gets love with the update/definitive edition. It has charm and personality just a bit rough around the edges.

4K is a big deal. It's four (!!) times the resolution of HD. Elder Scrolls Online runs at Native 4K on PS4 Pro and it's a revelation on a big screen. Same with Skyrim.

My advice if you go 4K is to get a huge TV. Like massive. It's worth it.

belvedere

Junior Butler
If I'm not mistaken, all pre-orders are sold out. If they become available again, make sure you find out if they would be release date shipment or a future shipment, and which edition you'd be getting and that it's the one you want.

Best places in the U.S. are:
Best Buy
Amazon.com
Gamestop
ThinkGeek (Gamestop Corp.)

After that, I guess:
Target
Walmart
Other big box store based on your region like Frys, ..etc.

Right, the last I heard Amazon was getting extra allotments at random intervals.

frogger

I just cancelled my Amazon preorder, because I can get from another retailer at 10% off. It is regular edition but saving $50 is worth it.

Darklor01

Right, the last I heard Amazon was getting extra allotments at random intervals.

I've ordered with Amazon.com and had no issues for multiple consoles. I've also never had an issue with Best Buy on this front. There have been one or two odd delivery issues with either company, but I can't really complain. I wouldn't be shocked if some became available based on extra allotment or placing some up after enough people have decided to cancel their orders if that happens.

I keep going back and forth on keeping my preorder. I have a pc with a gtx 1070 and 4670k cpu. Just hoping for some more positive previews to justify getting it.

Same here. I plan on building a computer next year so unsure if I should keep my pre-order.

I would only be getting this for MCC, Halo 5, and 360 BC.

Darklor01

Same here. I plan on building a computer next year so unsure if I should keep my pre-order.

I would only be getting this for MCC, Halo 5, and 360 BC.

The XBOX One S might be something to consider. I know it won't play Halo 5 in 4K, and maybe there are benefits to the XBOX BC titles, but if money is a concern, you may be better off getting the XBOX One S.

Syrus

Banned

Recore is getting a 4k upgrade right?? May check itnout during free game pass

Darklor01

Playing the destiny 2 beta has me wishing this thing focused more on fps.

The choice to have it be 4K rather than 60 FPS lies with the developer. They are doing whatever they choose to do with the available power of the unit. The box is only as powerful as it is, and it wasn't going to get more powerful without an even higher cost buy in. It isn't a PC.

The XBOX One S might be something to consider. I know it won't play Halo 5 in 4K, and maybe there are benefits to the XBOX BC titles, but if money is a concern, you may be better off getting the XBOX One S.

Funny you mention that, I had a launch Xbone S 2TB but I sold the console because I was offered a lot of money for it. I do like the Xbone X and the ability to supersample 4K patched games at 1080p, plus it has a better Plex application and codec support which is nice.

Playing the destiny 2 beta has me wishing this thing focused more on fps.

I can totally see why, 60fps makes a huge difference in FPS games.

frogger

Most 4k blu-ray player still cost 200+. I buy Xbox One X just for that, have one less machine and less wires to organize is great.

I want an OLED bad, but I just can't quite justify it over my HU9000 yet. Coming from a plasma before that, I really want an OLED though.

You guys think the ks8000 will be a good fit for this console?

Absolutely. You don't need a $4,000 TV (but great to those who have them don't get me wrong).

Horizon Zero Dawn looks absolutely stunning on my PS4P on my KS8000. Can't wait to see how Halo 5, Gears 4, etc will look on it :)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Is anyone buying or using an external HD with their X?

Whats a good minimum size you reckon? I'm a digital only gamer these days. How big are these 4k games gonna get?

Darklor01

Whats a good minimum size you reckon? I'm a digital only gamer these days. How big are these 4k games gonna get?

Forza Motorsport 7 minimum on the X would be 100GB I think. Not sure about the rest yet, not sure if people know what to expect unless you're a PC gamer... maybe a PC Gamer may know better. I grabbed a 4TB external, 8TB is obviously better, but.. man, that price.

They exist. There's just no real reason to buy one when a 4k set won't set you back too much more as far as cost is concerned.

HDR is swell, but if you just bought a new television in the last couple of years, I wouldn't rush out to replace it quite yet. It's true, there's always something better around the corner, but we seem to be in a real transition period at the moment and a bit of patience might really pay off.
I've got a really nice 2015 Samsung - 40 inch, I don't need any larger in my living room - that does 4K but not HDR. It's got that halfway house Samsung UHD thing, and I think that's going to have to do for now. I'd love a new screen, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost when not that much stuff available actually uses that tech properly. In a couple of years though...

Solidsnake32292

Neo Member
Walmart app mobile app has pre-orders right now for the one X Scorpio edition! Was just able to grab one and got a confirmation from walmart.com right away. They even allow for in-store pickups!

gamz

Everyone should be. This generation it's a must. Minimum is probably 4TB.

Top Bottom