• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
I keep going back and forth on keeping my preorder. I have a pc with a gtx 1070 and 4670k cpu. Just hoping for some more positive previews to justify getting it.
691249-douglas-adams-don-t-panic.png

Hawk269

Yeah that's what I'm thinking

I am sure there will be many more things released by MS prior to launch about what certain games are providing for the Xbox One X version. As of now, we have not seen much from MS directly as far as differences between standard Xbox One and Xbox One X versions of games. We know they will be better, but I am sure MS as part of the marketing of the unit they will be releasing more info so if you are on the fence you can make a more educated decision.

Syrus

Banned
So I need some advise.

I am getting an X but as part of the plan I was planning on getting a tv for it too.

I wad planning on getting either a decent HDR set or an OLED depending on what is on sale BF. But yesterday I heard aboit hdmi 2.1 that is about to come out that ads performance to hdr and gaming related stuff since I also use my TV to game on pc.

So should I go all out on an OLED or should I get a cheap/decent HDR set and wait for the next big thing?

Get a decent HDR 4k set and wait for 2.1

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
For those of you that ordered in the first wave of Amazon pre-orders a week ago, does your status have this notice: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Or does it actually show the proper launch/ship date? I'm not that concerned since I've seen other Amazon pre-orders with the same thing; just curious.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
For those of you that ordered in the first wave of Amazon pre-orders a week ago, does your status have this notice: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Or does it actually show the proper launch/ship date?

Mine says "Arriving Tuesday 7th November".

Thebonehead

Statuses for me:

MS Store UK ( Pre-ordered. Available on 07/11/2017 )
Amazon UK ( Arriving Tue, 7 Nov. Not yet dispatched )

Looks like there is some stock for the scorpio edition still on the uk store thats become available.

Bobnob

Pre ordered and paid in full with MS cash on MS web. Order reciept says available Nov 7th, is that normal? Are MS good with orders and having the stock on time?

Lima

Ordered on 20th of August 2017 between 10:45pm and 11:00pm, Hamburg, Germany, MacBook Pro Retina, near Elbe and rainy weather, Potato chips on the right!

The order confirmation mail came in at 11:03pm 20th of August 2017!

Much detail. Wow.

I stopped having sex to pre-order one 😂

Or does it actually show the proper launch/ship date? I'm not that concerned since I've seen other Amazon pre-orders with the same thing; just curious.

Damn

Mine also says...

Guess I'll throw another preorder in when they pop up as a back up

Ok thx. US here

Still it's not instilling confidence in Amazon but plenty of time until release to figure something out

I’m in the U.S. and mine had the same message. My Best Buy one gave me a solid 11/7 date when I placed the order though.

Allow me to correct this.... 4K + HDR Is the true game changer. Much better now.

Well, if you get HDR you get 4k. As far as I know there isn't a single TV that supports HDR but has a lower resolution.

You should however make sure that the TV uses an actual 10 bit Panel - there are TVs that support HDR input but aren't actually able to display in properly (even some pretty expensive Samsung TVs - the european MU7007 only has a 10 bit panel in the models of at least 55 inches).

So if you buy a 4K TV with HDR it still pays to do a quick Google search on what's actually built into the thing (especially given that on BF manufacturers often produce slightly down-specced versions to hit the price point).

BriGuy

Well, if you get HDR you get 4k. As far as I know there isn't a single TV that supports HDR but has a lower resolution.
They exist. There's just no real reason to buy one when a 4k set won't set you back too much more as far as cost is concerned.

HDR is swell, but if you just bought a new television in the last couple of years, I wouldn't rush out to replace it quite yet. It's true, there's always something better around the corner, but we seem to be in a real transition period at the moment and a bit of patience might really pay off.

Is it November 7th yet? I'm really dang excited for this Xbox! I'm bummed that I had to cancel my Target pre-order for the "Project Scorpio edition", but I wouldn't have gotten that on launch day anyway. (It was an additional $15 for release date delivery)

Now I'm just hoping that my local Gamestop will either have pre-orders for the regular edition, or random stock on launch day. Should have ordered there to start with, but I had no reasonable way to get there when the pre-orders went live.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I keep reading that people need to justify getting something. I'm only speaking for myself here, but why do you need to? It can be as simple as: I want one, I can afford one. There are other reasons, but you shouldn't need to justify it to yourself. If you do, perhaps you should hold off.

Now, if the issue is you need to justify the purchase for other reasons, like, explaining it to a significant other, yeah, different issue.

Darklor01

For those getting an X are you guys going to wait till its release to play the X enchanted games coming out this fall.

Yes for the ones which I haven't started yet. Yes for those coming out close to release. The ones I've started on PS4 (Pro), I'll just finish there if I still have them. I traded some I hadn't finished to GameStop during the July 4th weekend trade promo.

tombo85

I have a 7700k and a 1080 Ti and I'm definitely getting it.

Why? That I can't answer.
Hoping for more games that take advantage of Play anywhere. Then I can seamlessly play wherever I want. Destiny would of been a day one purchase on Xbox if this was the case, but I'll probably get it on Pro and maybe PC later.

wolgoen

I keep going back and forth on keeping my preorder. I have a pc with a gtx 1070 and 4670k cpu. Just hoping for some more positive previews to justify getting it.

If they came out and said the X was going to get some stellar AAA games exclusive to the console, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. With their play anywhere, PC crossplay design I have no reason to buy one over my PC gaming rig. It's a shame really as I do "want" an X but I remind myself I don't need it to play any of the games that will be coming out for it so I'll probably use the money I'd spend on an X to upgrade my GPU in the future.

It will be interesting to see what parity there is between the X version and the PC version of a game.

tombo85

If they came out and said the X was going to get some stellar AAA games exclusive to the console, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. With their play anywhere, PC crossplay design I have no reason to buy one over my PC gaming rig. It's a shame really as I do "want" an X but I remind myself I don't need it to play any of the games that will be coming out for it so I'll probably use the money I'd spend on an X to upgrade my GPU in the future.

It will be interesting to see what parity there is between the X version and the PC version of a game.

I'm thinking with optimization, the games will run similar if not better than my 1070. Mainly UWP games, which have caused me nothing but problems.

I'm thinking with optimization, the games will run similar if not better than my 1070. Mainly UWP games, which have caused me nothing but problems.

I don't think the X will compare to a 1070 with a modern i5 or better CPU. I wouldn't expect it to come close personally.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
For those getting an X are you guys going to wait till its release to play the X enchanted games coming out this fall.
I am.

I've got plenty of other stuff to play, like finally finshing Zelda BoTW.

Padinn

I have a second preorder at Bestbuy I won't need (was in case the MS Instore location I was at had a glitch). I'll probably cancel, but if a Gaffer is interested PM me. It is the Project Scorpio edition.

E92 M3

Can someone please tell me why HDR is this crazy thing for gaming? I play on a monitor, and those haven't quite caught up with TVs yet. The first game I played in HD (Gears 1), I was floored.

Is proper HDR similar to that feel?

Darklor01

Can someone please tell me why HDR is this crazy thing for gaming? I play on a monitor, and those haven't quite caught up with TVs yet. The first game I played in HD (Gears 1), I was floored.

Is proper HDR similar to that feel?

Some feel HDR is a game changer. Some find it meh. Some don't like it. When properly displayed and properly implemented, light, color, and shadow are more closely represented to the way your eye is supposed to process those elements together without losing sight of things being washed out by other visual elements. Edit: Think of one of the videos for Assassin's Creed Origins where the pyramid mostly blocks out the light from the sun, and as you come around a corner, the light is blinding being properly represented, and yet, the clouds near the sun are not washed out by the blinding light as it would be on a standard TV or Monitor. Those clouds are usually lost, but they're still there. Something like that.

To me, that can be a game changer, but only if you know what it's supposed to look like in the first place. You have to see these things in person, can't be duplicated properly in an photo or screen capture. Go to a store and check out any of the HDR demos they have running.

JeffG

To me, that can be a game changer, but only if you know what it's supposed to look like in the first place. You have to see these things in person, can't be duplicated properly in an photo or screen capture. Go to a store and check out any of the HDR demos they have running.

Unless you can get a side by side comparison running an HDR vs a non-HDR version ti can be tough to spot some differences.

Using Gears of War 4's HDR split screen is very good at showing the differences though. Heck I did a re-install of Gears just for that (plus a bit of horde mode with friends)

Darklor01

Unless you can get a side by side comparison running an HDR vs a non-HDR version ti can be tough to spot some differences.

Using Gears of War 4's HDR split screen is very good at showing the differences though. Heck I did a re-install of Gears just for that (plus a bit of horde mode with friends)

You're absolutely right. I meant to include that in my in-store demo comment. Some of the demos have a split screen which is perfect. Some sets might even have a built in HDR Demo, I think.

E92 M3

Some feel HDR is a game changer. Some find it meh. Some don't like it. When properly displayed and properly implemented, light, color, and shadow are more closely represented to the way your eye is supposed to process those elements together without losing sight of things being washed out by other visual elements. Edit: Think of one of the videos for Assassin's Creed Origins where the pyramid mostly blocks out the light from the sun, and as you come around a corner, the light is blinding being properly represented, and yet, the clouds near the sun are not washed out by the blinding light as it would be on a standard TV or Monitor. Those clouds are usually lost, but they're still there. Something like that.

Ah doesn't seem like a huge deal, but I will check it out.

JCizzle

I did a good ol Google search and wasn't able to find any info... is there any indication this box will handle remote play better than the OG? For example, the ps4 pro allows for higher resolution streaming than the original.

tombo85

I did a good ol Google search and wasn't able to find any info... is there any indication this box will handle remote play better than the OG? For example, the ps4 pro allows for higher resolution streaming than the original.

I believe it is already 1080p. I doubt they'll implement 4k though

Top Bottom