• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Raide

Yea if they promise same day I'll probably take the chance. In past my head would have exploded if it wasn't under my TV at midnight on day one but seeing as they play all the same games as what I have now I'll be ok if it takes an extra day.

But only one day Then I'll go pay whatever I need to get one in my hands haha

I loved a good midnight launch. I am excited for 1X but as long as it appears launch day via Amazon, I am sure I will survive.

I think I might start transferring my games etc to an external HDD so I am ready. Not sure if I am trading my One or if I just have it around. Probably have to keep if I go via Amazon.

Klocker

I loved a good midnight launch. I am excited for 1X but as long as it appears launch day via Amazon, I am sure I will survive.

I think I might start transferring my games etc to an external HDD so I am ready. Not sure if I am trading my One or if I just have it around. Probably have to keep if I go via Amazon.

Yep have all my games on external hdd so I'm ready.

I think I'll trade my day one Xbone in probably just ship it to Amazon after I get new one unless they offer a trade deal elsewhere.

Raide

Will it be possible to just plug in an external hdd full of previously installed XB1 games and it'll instantly work on XB1X?

With all the games working on 1X, I am guessing/hoping it will just patch what it needs and carry on as normal!

Thebonehead

Yes allegedly you just plug it in, sign into account and you're off!...

...To download patches or 4k assets. As you said

Would be nice if we could pre-patch prior to launch, but more trouble than its worth for MS i guess. Maybe a pre-launch app where you could choose what to patch with an i agree to the terms etc and it will only work on 1x disclaimer everywhere, as some users ain't the brightest.

Colbert

Banned
Would be nice if we could pre-patch prior to launch, but more trouble than its worth for MS i guess. Maybe a pre-launch app where you could choose what to patch with an i agree to the terms etc and it will only work on 1x disclaimer everywhere, as some users ain't the brightest.

Thats a little bit problematic as those texture patches are made based on the machine the game is installed. As long it is a normal Xbox One or Xbox One S it won't download. But a valid option would be to offer those texture updates as an extra download just like DLC so you can download in advance! That would be the best solution in my opinion as people with restricted internet access (bandwidth or volume) can plan their downloads or even dismiss it.

EvB

Thats a little bit problematic as those texture patches are made based on the machine the game is installed. As long it is a normal Xbox One or Xbox One S it won't download. But a valid option would be to offer those texture updates as an extra download just like DLC so you can download in advance! That would be the best solution in my opinion as people with restricted internet access (bandwidth or volume) can plan their downloads or even dismiss it.

Yeah , hopefully it is an optional download for those odd situations where something goes wrong.

He current dash shows Console-type and asset type as options. , obviously a game doesn’t want to patch itself to a point where it is not useable on a standard machine.

Raide

Hmm... That's possible I guess. The versions are the same and MS just push the 1X content as needed. Not sure the logistics of flicking the switch before 1X appears.

flozuki

Just visited the web site and it says "not available for pre-order yet". They took pre-orders in shop (Mönkebergstraße)?

Yes! I had to even pay 30 Bucks in advance, last time I checked they wanted 50 so they even adjusted that. They even had a sign for preordering last time I went there (I think it was last week). Maybe they weren't allowed and someone tattled them? But they also reserved me an NES Mini one day prior to launch so I am confident I will get my console!^^

mjc

So as a prime member in a large metropolitan area is Amazon a no brainer to get day one?

Have always bought my day one consoles at brick and mortar

You'll be fine. I preordered my Xbox One through Amazon and got it on release day with my games.

cucuchu

Arggg... I was hoping they would have preorders up before tomorrow so I could get a preorder in at Gamestop but nope, I'm taking my family to Disney World and leaving in the A.M. tomorrow so that won't be happening. Looks like it will be Amazon which I was hoping to avoid since I've had issues with missing/damaged packages from them quite often this last year.

Question about Gamestop preorders... So the manager there told me that if I put down $100 on a preorder for something, he can transfer the $100 down to the XBOX preorder when it goes live and do it over the phone. Is this actually something that can be done? I've never heard of this practice before.

Fess

With all the games working on 1X, I am guessing/hoping it will just patch what it needs and carry on as normal!
That's awesome! I have a 3TB drive with like 70 games installed (subbing on Game Pass), it would be very annoying go through the installs again.

How is it possible that MS can do this so easily on Xbox but not on PC? Isn't Xbox One supposed to be a Windows 10 box?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Arggg... I was hoping they would have preorders up before tomorrow so I could get a preorder in at Gamestop but nope, I'm taking my family to Disney World and leaving in the A.M. tomorrow so that won't be happening. Looks like it will be Amazon which I was hoping to avoid since I've had issues with missing/damaged packages from them quite often this last year.

Question about Gamestop preorders... So the manager there told me that if I put down $100 on a preorder for something, he can transfer the $100 down to the XBOX preorder when it goes live and do it over the phone. Is this actually something that can be done? I've never heard of this practice before.
I can't answer about the $100 comment, but I'm guessing that there is a minimum down on consoles and he's saying you can have it transferred without being there.

I've done this with $5 down on a game and had it switched to another game this way without being present. So, possibly, yes.

Lucifon

Will it be possible to just plug in an external hdd full of previously installed XB1 games and it'll instantly work on XB1X?

This is how installs work on Xb1. Saves will be synced automatically from the cloud when you fire up a game. If there's a patch then obviously that'll have to download first.

Should be a pretty painless experience. Moving from the XB1 to the XB1S was incredibly smooth, I don't see why this will be any different.

Kaydan

Banned
That's awesome! I have a 3TB drive with like 70 games installed (subbing on Game Pass), it would be very annoying go through the installs again.

How is it possible that MS can do this so easily on Xbox but not on PC? Isn't Xbox One supposed to be a Windows 10 box?

Xbox is based off Windows 10 Kernel but its not the same. Since Xbox is a closed ecosystem, it allows them to offer these kind of features without opening up doors to an exploit or piracy. Its a whole other ball game with PC since the user has a lot more control over the PC and the OS.

WadeitOut

For me this thread is the show Quantum Leap and I keep hoping the next leap is the leap home.

im_retarded.gif

Basically how I feel when I click on this thread

Fess

Xbox is based off Windows 10 Kernel but its not the same. Since Xbox is a closed ecosystem, it allows them to offer these kind of features without opening up doors to an exploit or piracy. Its a whole other ball game with PC since the user has a lot more control over the PC and the OS.
Pirates ruining it for everyone as usual, bah!

cucuchu

Nekketsu Kõha;245364169 said:
Do people really think they are gonna run out or they won't be able to pick one up day one without a preorder?

No idea but a lot of us don't want to risk it.

EvB

Do people really think they are gonna run out or they won't be able to pick one up day one without a preorder?

it either will or it won't and if you want one day one, why wouldn't you preorder?

No idea but a lot of us don't want to risk it.

Fair enough. Microsoft are usually great at this I think people will be fine.

it either will or it won't and if you want one day one, why wouldn't you preorder?

I meant it more like no need to worry. But other than wait and see how it is once in the hands of people I guess you are right.

Ever only had consoles sold out here once and it was the Wii.

Colbert

Banned

No I am not thinking there will be shortages but I want one first day anyway. Sometimes you just can't get those things quick enough.

Now I fell into the trap of thinking the bump meant there was news... I just want a Gamestop promo material leak or something. Anything!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I heard a lot of that during the Switch release, PS4 release, and Xbone release.

I successfully flipped many of each.

That being said I didn't attempt it for the PS4 pro. The Xbox One X has the potential to sell out. Just have to reserve first and cancel later if things don't pan out.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I did see that MS had recently received CCC approval on a gaming related device, possibly today, and possibly for the XBOX One X. Pure speculation and possibly not related. Still, could be another reason for a delay in announcing pre orders if additional approvals from other countries were still required.

Hawk269

Pretty much my plan. I have the Xbox One S with a 2tb internal, but also have a 512gb SSD and 5TB external. Spent part of last weekend moving everything off of the internal and clearing stuff off the SSD (need to make room for Forza 7 and a few other games on the SSD).

My game plan upon setting up the Xbox One X is to download the Forza 7 "X" Patch, playing that while it downloads all the other patches for whatever games I have and will probably let it go over-night in stand by mode so it downloads all the other stuff while I sleep.

cucuchu

After watching what is going on with the No Man's Sky ARG update, I think I know Microsoft's plan. They are going to make hundreds of thousands of us crowd-solve a 4,000 (4k)-lane maze on twitch in order to unlock preorders world-wide.

Colbert

Banned
To celebrate the not yet started pre-order phase and the "evil bump" of mine, what already released games do you guys plan to play first on Xbox One X in 4K?

For me (not in order, more in a rotation) it will be:
Gears of War 4 campaign
Final Fantasy 15
Titanfall 2 campaign
The Witcher 3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
To celebrate the not yet started pre-order phase and the "evil bump" of mine, what already released games do you guys plan to play first on Xbox One X in 4K?

Gears of War 4 campaign
Final Fantasy 15
Titanfall 2 campaign
The Witcher 3

Definitely sunset overdrive. The enhancements should be out of this world... :/

Halo 5
Eventually finish witcher
Replay gears (maybe)

borges

Banned

Gears of War 4 campaign
Final Fantasy 15
Titanfall 2 campaign
The Witcher 3

Forza 7 counts? It'd be already released at release ;)
Other than that, and in strict order:

1. Halo 5
2. Fifa
3. Witcher 3
4. Forza Horizon 3

Bobnob

I'm hoping R6S gets a patch, but other than that im most looking forward to see how PCARS 2 is on X1X. I haven't got a 4k set so im init purely for the extra powa!

Tech question. As x1x got parts in it that take load off the cpu? Like if we had a strait cpu import from S to X would we see better fps with the added parts of X ?

Colbert

Banned
I'm hoping R6S gets a patch, but other than that im most looking forward to see how PCARS 2 is on X1X. I haven't got a 4k set so im init purely for the extra powa!

Tech question. As x1x got parts in it that take load off the cpu? Like if we had a strait cpu import from S to X would we see better fps with the added parts of X ?

We don't exactly know what kind of customizations has been made. There is a session on the SoC at Hotchips where we might learn more about it but I personally don' think MS going into much detail on that.

Top Bottom