• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

To celebrate the not yet started pre-order phase and the "evil bump" of mine, what already released games do you guys plan to play first on Xbox One X in 4K?

For me (not in order, more in a rotation) it will be:
Gears of War 4 campaign
Final Fantasy 15
Titanfall 2 campaign
The Witcher 3

Forza Horizon 3
Gears 4
Halo 5
The Witcher 3 (I still haven't finished it)
ReCore DE (if its out this year, lol)

peppers

To celebrate the not yet started pre-order phase and the "evil bump" of mine, what already released games do you guys plan to play first on Xbox One X in 4K?

Gears of War 4 campaign
Final Fantasy 15
Titanfall 2 campaign
The Witcher 3

I've played all of these but I gotta go back to them:
Halo 5! I need to go back to Warzone Firefight
Quantum Break (praying every day for a patch but even a locked 30fps with no tearing would be ace)
Titanfall 1 (tearing is pretty crazy on this one and it has regular dips since shit can get pretty fuckin crazy at times)
Of course Titanfall 2 both campaign and multi.
Gears of war 4 campaign again.

Holding off for the X:
Battlefield 1
Final fantasy XV
Forza Horizon 3

Chittagong

Gold Member

Just Halo 5. Literally the only reason I am getting the X after all, since they announced it. The MP is good tier and everything else already is playable on my Titan X Pascal in 4K.

Marvel

could never
Gears 4
For Honor
Halo 5
Tekken 7
Titanfall 2

My mains, I'm assuming R6 Siege will get a patch too.

May purchase BF1 too.

cucuchu

Been holdiing off on Gears 4 waiting for 1X.
Forza Horizon 3
Halo 5
and of course, Witcher 3, which I will be buying for the 3rd time

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just Halo 5. Literally the only reason I am getting the X after all, since they announced it. The MP is good tier and everything else already is playable on my Titan X Pascal in 4K.

Isn't halo 5s multiplayer playable on your pc in 4k too? For free?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I've got a few games I started on Xbone that I got less than halfway through and decided to wait and finish on 1X.

Halo 5
Gears 4
Titanfall 2

But also very much looking forward to coming back to stuff I've dumped tons of hours into like FH3 and KI.

In order of which ones I'm sure I'll play first:

• Forza Horizon 3
  • Titanfall 2
  • Gears of War 4
  • Halo 5
Nothing against Halo 5; it's just the only of the three shooter campaigns I've already played through multiple times.

I mainly want the console for Madden18 and Forza 7.

I hope somehow the One X can speed up Madden's shitty menu load bullshit but it's probably due to EA constantly loading new ads to try to get you to buy MUT packs.

I'm going to finish Solo Legendary in Halo 5 and pick up Gears 4. Quantum Break of it gets a patch. Other than that, new games.

Hawk269

Gears of War 4 campaign
Final Fantasy 15
Titanfall 2 campaign
The Witcher 3

For me, after initial set up, I will download the Forza 7 update first. Once that is done, I will que up in order and play F7 while the que is downloading:

Halo Wars 2
The Witcher 3
Wildlands
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 3

That is right now. Depending on how good Crackdown 3 and the new LOTR game is could change the order and what Destiny 2 update might bring can also change things. Then there is 360 games that I would like to test to see how they run. In short, going to be a lot of things to play and test and see how things run once it comes out. Might even consider taking an extra day off of work.

dafodeu

Do you think it'll come in White or any other color at launch or shortly after? For Xbox One we had to wait almost a year till the Sunset Overdrive Bundle to get a special edition console variant. That year we had White Sunset Overdrive and the one I went with and still use - the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Console.

With the One S we had many color bundles shortly after launch. Really hope we don't have to wait a full year before getting some more options.

JlNX

Do you think it'll come in White or any other color at launch or shortly after? For Xbox One we had to wait almost a year till the Sunset Overdrive Bundle to get a special edition console variant. That year we had White Sunset Overdrive and the one I went with and still use - the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Console.

With the One S we had many color bundles shortly after launch. Really hope we don't have to wait a full year before getting some more options.

We will probably get a game based design for the console like Gears 4 for the S at least, probably for Forza. If they are going to do colours they will probably do different ones to that of the S, just like they want to keep the S and X different colours to separate them (black and white.) But with the difference in price and volume of consoles I don't know if they will be as quick to have different bundles and colours for the x.

Hawk269

Perhaps shortly after launch (next year), but I think for this year, it will just be the standard version. There might be one with a larger HDD or different pack-in's, but color wise, I don't think anything else will be offered until sometime next year.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The only thing I believe at this point is that I don't have it pre ordered yet. Phil Spencer and I have a different definition of "soon":

WadeitOut

People are begging Jez Corden for blue balls when in reality he will probably find out about preorders opening up from Twitter like the rest of us.

Phil Spencer and I have a different definition of "soon":

It doesn't release until November. So relatively speaking it's still been very recent that he made that comment.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It doesn't release until November. So relatively speaking it's still been very recent that he made that comment.
It's release being in November has little to do with the span of time between Phil's "Soon" comment and when Pre orders should be possible. You are right about me not being patient if you think that. Still, if it turns out to be close to Gamescom, at Gamescom or after, I would have to say that he and I have extremely different views on what that word, soon, means.

RPGam3r

Soon to me means within the span of a few days. So this is no longer in the span of "soon". I just want to lock down a preorder so I can get back to Halo again.

Gears of War 4 campaign
Final Fantasy 15
Titanfall 2 campaign
The Witcher 3

No 4K for me, so my list is more about what games I want to see supersampled and/or with better performance and faster loading times!

Prey
GTA V
Slime Rancher
Final Fantasy 15
Gears 4 campaign (need to do it on insane anyway)

Never finished Witcher 3. I do think I got far but I took a break and never came back. Now I'm waiting for that One X patch and we good to go, as in completely start over.

brawly

Thinking of a 4K Ryse patch

2dd.jpg

If I get one I'd do my second playthrough of The Witcher 3 there for sure. I hope Ori 1 gets a 4K patch

Severianb

Wavering between:

1. Trading in all my Original Xbox Ones for Xbox One Xs as soon as they come out.

2. Sticking with the OG Xbox and waiting a couple of years for the inevitable refresh and price reduction on the X1X.

The main thing I'm waiting on is the reports on the loudness of the fan. They already admitted the X1X is louder when playing games than the X1S, which I found annoyingly louder than the OG X1.

Thinking of a 4K Ryse patch

If I get one I'd do my second playthrough of The Witcher 3 there for sure. I hope Ori 1 gets a 4K patch

Oh man, Xbox One X would absolutely be my excuse to play The Witcher 3 again. I have the game and all expansions on Xbox, but ended up buying a second copy to play on PS4 when it first came out. Never got around to playing on Xbox.

Wavering between:

1. Trading in all my Original Xbox Ones for Xbox One Xs as soon as they come out.

2. Sticking with the OG Xbox and waiting a couple of years for the inevitable refresh and price reduction on the X1X.

The main thing I'm waiting on is the reports on the loudness of the fan. They already admitted the X1X is louder when playing games than the X1S, which I found annoyingly louder than the OG X1.

Console noise doesn't bother me personally, as I'm usually about 6-10 feet from my TV. That being said, I've been wavering between your first and second option as well. I really want the Xbox One X, but I'm also not 100% sure I'll feel like I got my money's worth on a 1080p TV. A 4K set isn't in the cards anytime soon, as the wife and I are saving for a house.

I'll most likely end up buying one, but until that time comes I'll be back and forth on a daily basis.

brawly

Oh man, Xbox One X would absolutely be my excuse to play The Witcher 3 again. I have the game and all expansions on Xbox, but ended up buying a second copy to play on PS4 when it first came out. Never got around to playing on Xbox.

I actually bought it on the PS4 aswell in a sale (first playthrough was on PC). Haven't played it since because I decided to read the books first. Might never play the PS4 version.

gamz

Wavering between:

Yup. They said when it's pushing 4K it's louder. I never hear my OG Xbox One, so I don't mind.

SuperPoncho

Neo Member
The waiting is killing me...going to move my og xbox to my son's room (already has my og PS4). Have an non HDR 4k Vizio in the living room. Hoping Amazon Canada Has Pre-orders soon.

Bobnob

If Jez keeps saying the same ting week after week he'll be right at some point!

Im guessing this week or next or the week after that!

If Jez keeps saying the same ting week after week he'll be right at some point!

Im guessing this week or next or the week after that!

At this point, I'm really not expecting pre-orders until right before or during Gamescom. If it happens earlier I'll be pleasantly surprised!

RavenHawk

Wavering between:
...The main thing I'm waiting on is the reports on the loudness of the fan. They already admitted the X1X is louder when playing games than the X1S, which I found annoyingly louder than the OG X1.

Yup. They said when it's pushing 4K it's louder. I never hear my OG Xbox One, so I don't mind.

Where/when was this stated? I went through 3 PS4 Pros before I could find one that wasn't obscenely loud due to fan noise. While I expect the machine to ramp up when it is flexing its muscle, I find this information is a little worrisome.

Top Bottom