• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Hammer24

Banned
The longer it takes for them to open the preorders, the more I'm inclined to think they're gonna do a available-today-surprise.

The longer it takes for them to open the preorders, the more I'm inclined to think they're gonna do a available-today-surprise.

I would assume they are actually finalizing some sort of game bundle scenario for the OX. I thought for a while it was going to be Super Lucky's Tale as a bundle option, but now I'm thinking either Forza, Crackdown or Shadow of War. I just figure they're going to try and entice buyers with added value over reduced sticker price. I'm buying either way, so flip the switch :)

Colbert

Banned
You can win a Xbox One X in Germany, Austria and Switzerland by follow, like and retweet.

https://twitter.com/XboxDACH/status/893524082926465026

XoOVRks.png

mcw

"I have a message for everyone watching at home right now: Take a look at your Xbox One. Now, watch what happens to it when I press this button..."

I would assume they are actually finalizing some sort of game bundle scenario for the OX. I thought for a while it was going to be Super Lucky's Tale as a bundle option, but now I'm thinking either Forza, Crackdown or Shadow of War. I just figure they're going to try and entice buyers with added value over reduced sticker price. I'm buying either way, so flip the switch :)

I would keep expectations in check, going to assume it comes with nothing so I don't get disappointed. Of course, will be great if they do package a game with it.

Icekeep9

I'm really looking forward to a decent trade in for my Xbox one S. I think 175 or 200 towards a Xbox One X would be great. It would mean I rented the console for about 100-125 dollars for a year and a couple months.

I have a ton of GameStop credit saved up from the famous trade in thread in early July, so I am ready.

I agree with others that Gamescom 22-26 Aug is when we will hear about pre-orders. Maybe a showing of a new Xbox One X game for 2018 to get the fever going.

Hawk269

They are testing an additional 10% overclock to both the cpu and gpu and memory to give it even more power. Being announced at GC with preorder for both regular and day 1 edition with a 2tb hard drive.

<kidding>

RedAssedApe

Banned
They are testing an additional 10% overclock to both the cpu and gpu and memory to give it even more power. Being announced at GC with preorder for both regular and day 1 edition with a 2tb hard drive.

<kidding>

not entirely out of the question...considering og xbone lol

LowSignal

"I have a message for everyone watching at home right now: Take a look at your Xbox One. Now, watch what happens to it when I press this button..."
“You all have 500 bing points for being loyal xbox customers! Enjoy the show folks and good night!” That’s what would happen, thinking anything else is some misterxmedia madness.

itf56

I'd like to see a 2tb elite controller SKU + game but doubt it somehow. Yes I'm aware of how expensive it would be but 1tb and 4K assets do not mix.

Miasma

Now that pretty much every Microsoft exclusive is coming to PC I have no reason to buy back in to the Xbox ecosystem, looks like a cool console but I really wish they would target 60fps in more games.

gamz

Now that pretty much every Microsoft exclusive is coming to PC i have no reason to buy back in to the Xbox ecosystem, looks like a cool console but I really wish they would target 60fps in more games.

If you are playing Xbox games on PC you are buying into the Xbox ecosystem. Sounds like you prefer PC games over console and that's cool at least you have the option of either.

And devs will do what's best with the power they have.

JlNX

Now that pretty much every Microsoft exclusive is coming to PC i have no reason to buy back in to the Xbox ecosystem, looks like a cool console but I really wish they would target 60fps in more games.

Well 343, coalition and turn10 all have made more of a focus on hitting a locked 60fps, there seems to be a mandate that multiplayer at least should be 60fps in all their games. Rare appears to be the outlier but they are working with a open world MMOlite so the challenges of having that run at 60 are evident. Weirdly all MS internal engines are designed around a locked 60fps, I wish they would give the rest of their teams those engines rather than UE4.

That has been my concern too. 1tb is small for 4k assets but I'm guessing you can just hook up a USB HDD again.

I've no problem paying 599usd with 2tb hdd. Perhaps a limited edition as the Xbox one s with 2tb. MS make this happen in november and not in 2018 as it usually is with upgraded hdds.

Hexer06

I kinda hope they hold off on that pre order announcement til Monday or at least later in the day Sunday. I'll be working and will be furious if I miss it. Lol

Bizzquik

I will pre-order immediately, but the general consensus is that E3 did not sell the public on this mid-generation refresh.
...I wonder if Microsoft will be putting more effort into this presentation than they've let on...

I kinda hope they hold off on that pre order announcement til Monday or at least later in the day Sunday. I'll be working and will be furious if I miss it. Lol

That's the thing about pre-orders; a potential customer is always going to be away from their computer and unable to get their order in when it goes live. If limited quantities of pre-orders went live mid-day Monday, I would almost certainly not be able to get my order in at work. Luck of the (timing) draw, I guess.

Well 343, coalition and turn10 all have made more of a focus on hitting a locked 60fps, there seems to be a mandate that multiplayer at least should be 60fps in all their games. Rare appears to be the outlier but they are working with a open world MMOlite so the challenges of having that run at 60 are evident. Weirdly all MS internal engines are designed around a locked 60fps, I wish they would give the rest of their teams those engines rather than UE4.

Their implementation of UE4 has been pretty awesome though. I've only seen SOT on an X1S but it looks real pretty and the more UE4 games come out the better Gears looks.

Hawk269

I was in a Best Buy today and asked about pre-orders. I have no way to prove what the guy said, so just putting that out now. But he said the reason they have not done them yet and the reason they set up the notification on their web site was that MS was going to do some major promotion type of thing for the Pre-orders. He said unlike other pre-orders that people just know about, mainly gaming enthusiast, MS plans to advertise and actual market the pre-orders and kind of make it an event type of thing.

Again, I am not sure if this guy was talking out of his ass, but he seemed pretty confident in what he was saying, but then he again, he was just a random employee in the store that I asked him the question. I did ask him if it was going to be in next weeks advertisement and he said he could not talk about that.

So take that with a giant heaping of salt, but found it interesting.

f@luS

More than a member.
Last year I bought between September and November

-lg oled 4K
-Iphone 7 plus
-ps4 pro
-psvr

This year
-Xbox one X
-Iphone 8

Nice two year for hardware

Can't wait for the preorder

Hawk269

Gamescom it is then, one week tonight.

Just saw that on my facebook feed. looks like they will be broadcasting it via mixer. Wonder if they will do a 4k feed like they did for E3??? Really looking forward to this and hope they show a lot of good stuff. Would love to see some existing enhanced Xbox One games running on the Xbox One X. Witcher 3 enhanced would be lovely to see.

Theorry

I was in a Best Buy today and asked about pre-orders. I have no way to prove what the guy said, so just putting that out now. But he said the reason they have not done them yet and the reason they set up the notification on their web site was that MS was going to do some major promotion type of thing for the Pre-orders. He said unlike other pre-orders that people just know about, mainly gaming enthusiast, MS plans to advertise and actual market the pre-orders and kind of make it an event type of thing.

Again, I am not sure if this guy was talking out of his ass, but he seemed pretty confident in what he was saying, but then he again, he was just a random employee in the store that I asked him the question. I did ask him if it was going to be in next weeks advertisement and he said he could not talk about that.

I have no idea what that could be then. If true offcourse.

gamz

Sounds legit. I have no doubt they'll do a event out of it and the actual release too.

Hawk269

I have no idea what that could be then. If true offcourse.

What I got out of it is that MS is actually going to have marketing around the pre-orders. Usually, it is a web site that says pre-orders are available or just plain word of mouth. The implication here from what I gathered was that MS was going to actually market the device and pre-orders. When I asked about the BB advertisement, I was trying to see if it will be in next weeks circular...which usually is not the case for hardware pre-orders.

It could be nothing, but my gut feeling is that MS is going to make a huge push about the pre-orders and it will be the first major marketing efforts for the Xbox One X that will continue till launch and holiday.

What I got out of it is that MS is actually going to have marketing around the pre-orders. Usually, it is a web site that says pre-orders are available or just plain word of mouth. The implication here from what I gathered was that MS was going to actually market the device and pre-orders. When I asked about the BB advertisement, I was trying to see if it will be in next weeks circular...which usually is not the case for hardware pre-orders.

It could be nothing, but my gut feeling is that MS is going to make a huge push about the pre-orders and it will be the first major marketing efforts for the Xbox One X that will continue till launch and holiday.

Best Buy ads usually leak about a week early on CAG. They can't post pics there, but all the deals and whatnot are still leaked.

JlNX

Their implementation of UE4 has been pretty awesome though. I've only seen SOT on an X1S but it looks real pretty and the more UE4 games come out the better Gears looks.

Oh yeh not to take away from the work a lot of theirs teams do with UE4, what ever team at Microsoft that acts as the technical director for Xbox as a whole handles UE4 better than any other team or publisher. In fact they handle it better seemingly than what Epic themselves has produced. I guess my point was based on MS first party studios actually developing a lot of features and tools for UE4, like Lionhead during the early stages of UE4 helped Epic develop and refine a lot of their engine with the same going for the coalition who I believe had a lot to do with UE4's GI and their work on simulation. Rare has also worked very closely with Epic including developer tools and with a lot of other aspects that SOT touches upon. I guess I wonder why they don't take ForzaTech, Halo engine, Rocket engine, X-engine etc and use it across all their teams from first to second party. Having all of Lionhead's work for example benefit all of Xbox's teams rather than just the ones using UE4 if that would be better, Turn10's technical director leading up an engine for all of their teams would be a great benefit especially with X coming out. It would be cool if they took the X-engine name and made an engine were every teams work benefitted everyone at Xbox, because that's what is sparingly happening right now with a few of their teams using UE4 which appears to be helping Epic more than each other. UE4 is never going to ever fully reach the potential possible of the Xbox platform that a proprietary engine will with UE4 overhead (even tho MS teams some how have way less of an issue with this), I just think it would be nice if we saw more of the team work we see between T10 and PG or even Rare with their water tech in FH3. Plus I like the fact that the technical directors at Xbox push for a locked 60fps, that would be a great thing to instill in all the Xbox teams =P

I know I'm evil for bumping the thread, and I should feel very bad.

Oh yeh not to take away from the work a lot of theirs teams do with UE4, what ever team at Microsoft that acts as the technical director for Xbox as a whole handles UE4 better than any other team or publisher. In fact they handle it better seemingly than what Epic themselves has produced. I guess my point was based on MS first party studios actually developing a lot of features and tools for UE4, like Lionhead during the early stages of UE4 helped Epic develop and refine a lot of their engine with the same going for the coalition who I believe had a lot to do with UE4's GI and their work on simulation. Rare has also worked very closely with Epic including developer tools and with a lot of other aspects that SOT touches upon. I guess I wonder why they don't take ForzaTech, Halo engine, Rocket engine, X-engine etc and use it across all their teams from first to second party. Having all of Lionhead's work for example benefit all of Xbox's teams rather than just the ones using UE4 if that would be better, Turn10's technical director leading up an engine for all of their teams would be a great benefit especially with X coming out. It would be cool if they took the X-engine name and made an engine were every teams work benefitted everyone at Xbox, because that's what is sparingly happening right now with a few of their teams using UE4 which appears to be helping Epic more than each other. UE4 is never going to ever fully reach the potential possible of the Xbox platform that a proprietary engine will with UE4 overhead (even tho MS teams some how have way less of an issue with this), I just think it would be nice if we saw more of the team work we see between T10 and PG or even Rare with their water tech in FH3. Plus I like the fact that the technical directors at Xbox push for a locked 60fps, that would be a great thing to instill in all the Xbox teams =P

I know I'm evil for bumping the thread, and I should feel very bad.

I agree wholeheartedly.
Makes you wonder if UE4 adoption was also tied to the Gears IP purchase.

On topic: I'd love to see a "Name Your Game" pack-in as a preorder bonus.

billyballs

Neo Member
I think they working on xbox x bundles with Ubisoft Games. Because in the Interview with Ubisoft CEO he says that they have made a deal with Microsoft.

Colbert

Banned
Its in German. Sorry, a deal for Assassins Creed Origins not Ubisoft Games
"Wir haben mit Microsoft einen Deal für Assassin's Creed: Origins, das die Leistung der neuen Maschine wirklich gut nutzen wird." There you can see that they have a deal but don't know what exactly is in that deal.

http://www.pcgames.de/Xbox-One-X-Ko...-viel-Potenzial-in-der-neuen-Konsole-1234568/

Da ich auch Deutscher bin kann ich es gut lesen LOL
As I am german too I should have no trouble to read it!

Colbert

Banned
Somebody just told me that for a short time frame on the UK Xbox pre-order page there was a counter counting down to the opening of gamescom on Sunday. Too bad I was not able to validate it as the counter is absent now. But hopes grow that we finally can pre-order that thing next week. Fingers crossed!

MilkyJoe

Somebody just told me that for a short time frame on the UK Xbox pre-order page there was a counter counting down to the opening of gamescom on Sunday. Too bad I was not able to validate it as the counter is absent now. But hopes grow that we finally can pre-order that thing next week. Fingers crossed!

Might have just been a countdown to the start of Gamescom, the front page says see Xbox at Gamescom

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/

Top Bottom