• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Hexer06

Man.. They're gonna put pre orders up on Sunday aren't they? I'm gonna be working til 5pm Pacific time. I hope I can get a pre order in while at work. Also hope Best buy isn't slow putting it up. Wish I could call into work Sunday but I already used a call in on Sunday for E3 this year. Dammit lol.

Pre-orders tomorrow then? After delaying Crackdown tonight? That's a bold strategy.

I'm doubting that. Would make way more sense to just wait until GC now to show off the different SKUs and games. I'm wondering if the X's release date was in November so they could finish Crackdown and market it as a launch title. Could possibly mean an earlier release date.

I'm doubting that. Would make way more sense to just wait until GC now to show off the different SKUs and games. I'm wondering if the X's release date was in November so they could finish Crackdown and market it as a launch title. Could possibly mean an earlier release date.

hello will you make a big announcement at #gamescom2017 for X1X pre order ?

We'll share more info on this tomorrow.

If its not to share that its now available for preorder then what's the fucking point?

I just hope this rollercoaster is over soon. I'm ready to put my money down on a console and not have to worry about missing my chance to preorder. I know a lot of people don't expect them to sell out, but I honestly think they will.

Keinning

good thing preorders werent open yet or the thread would be full of WELP NOW IM CANCELLING MY PREORDER

can't cancel what you can't preorder yet
couldnt figure out phil's loophole eh gaf

They should release it early in a "available now" surprise like the 360 revision did.

After talking to my gamestop guys there is no way this is happening. They would have had to get them in today to get everything checked in and ready for something like that. You couldn't make an announcement that says "Available now" and then get people going to places like Walmart and gamestop and them not be available because trucks run at all times all over. I know sometimes they are 430 or 5pm EST before the truck even arrives at my gamestop.

LowSignal

After talking to my gamestop guys there is no way this is happening. They would have had to get them in today to get everything checked in and ready for something like that. You couldn't make an announcement that says "Available now" and then get people going to places like Walmart and gamestop and them not be available because trucks run at all times all over. I know sometimes they are 430 or 5pm EST before the truck even arrives at my gamestop.

I was just being silly, I know this can't happen, it would have leaked by a warehouse somewhere.

Bsigg12

They're not going to launch early. I wish it could be launching in the next 2 weeks to get ahead of Destiny 2 but it was all just a dream.

ViciousDS

Banned
They're not going to launch early. I wish it could be launching in the next 2 weeks to get ahead of Destiny 2 but it was all just a dream.

NBA 2k18 and Call of Duty are my two huge wants to play on the X. It will be my go to 3rd party machine........until the PC release of destiny. That's the only game I really plan on gaming on my PC.

I really would love the X to launch before NBA though

They should release it early in a "available now" surprise like the 360 revision did.

I called Gamestop THAT day and they had no fucking idea what I was talking about when I asked if they had the new 360 model.

This would be a terrible idea

An early launch would be excellent IMO. Too many AAA games coming out this fall before its launch.

yeah, its going to suck holding off playing games waiting for this. Assassins creed is probably my most anticipated game this year, but im waiting till I get the X to play it

LowSignal

NBA 2k18 and Call of Duty are my two huge wants to play on the X. It will be my go to 3rd party machine........until the PC release of destiny. That's the only game I really plan on gaming on my PC.

I really would love the X to launch before NBA though

I called Gamestop THAT day and they had no fucking idea what I was talking about when I asked if they had the new 360 model.

This would be a terrible idea
My bestbuy didn't know either but they came a day or so later If I remember correct.

Screenshot_2017-08-17-01-39-45_kindlephoto-17348.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
yeah, its going to suck holding off playing games waiting for this. Assassins creed is probably my most anticipated game this year, but im waiting till I get the X to play it

Same on Assassin's Creed but at least it isn't all that long of a wait. Same with Call of Duty WW2.

Man.. They're gonna put pre orders up on Sunday aren't they? I'm gonna be working til 5pm Pacific time. I hope I can get a pre order in while at work. Also hope Best buy isn't slow putting it up. Wish I could call into work Sunday but I already used a call in on Sunday for E3 this year. Dammit lol.

Come on man. It wont be that hard to get an xbox X this fall.....

Maybe system delayed to spring 2018...

Hell no. That wouldn't even make any sense. Plenty of third party games that take advantage of the new hardware. There is no reason to delay it.

At least he's specific about that they will talk about it tomorrow. Wish they would just quit all this nonsense and announce that preorders are happening. The info tomorrow better not be bad news.

Hell no. That wouldn't even make any sense. Plenty of third party games that take advantage of the new hardware. There is no reason to delay it.

At least he's specific about that they will talk about it tomorrow. Wish they would just quit all this nonsense and announce that preorders are happening. The info tomorrow better not be bad news.

If it was bad news I don't think you'd see Spencer respond with anything.

They couldn't pull off a "Now" release, but they could align it with another title. Forza comes to mind.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Wonder if it would be at all possible for them to go ahead and release it early now that Crackdown 3 isn't releasing on November 7 anymore.

Like maybe in October to go with Forza 7.

Also, was it ever confirmed if it comes with a standard controller, or any chance they might surprise us and add an elite controller in there to add to the value proposition?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
If it was bad news I don't think you'd see Spencer respond with anything.

Well, his statement of info tomorrow is possibly foreboding, nothing much, or pre order now. Confusing in any case since Gamescom is Sunday and they can say nothing at all until Gamescom.

StillEdge

That's exactly how it went down though. I got to gamestop right after the slim was announced and had to wait for the UPS guy to drop off the one shipment they had. The guy working made a call to his friend saying "hurry up the systems just got here". I remember getting there at like 11:30 and they got in at around noon. BUT I doubt it's that.

E92 M3

Crackdown was delayed till spring! I am so upset - it was the whole reason I wanted the console.

Now I am a bit torn =/

I can't take this anymore. The longer we have to wait the more my enthusiasm for buying the XBOX wanes. Crackdown 3 being delayed doesn't help either.

But then again it's the only console (for a while anyway) that we'll be able to play PUBG on.

And COD WWII is going to look fucking gorgeous on it.

Just hurry up already!

Top Bottom