• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Hawk269

Screenshot_2017-08-17-01-39-45_kindlephoto-17348.jpg

I think Phil is just responding to the guy about GC news and Phil is going to share info in regards to X1X and GC. I doubt he is going to say pre-orders start tomorrow. Probably just will say "Turn into to GC for all the information regarding pre-orders and other special things we have planned for the X1X".

Hawk269

Wonder if it would be at all possible for them to go ahead and release it early now that Crackdown 3 isn't releasing on November 7 anymore.

Like maybe in October to go with Forza 7.

Also, was it ever confirmed if it comes with a standard controller, or any chance they might surprise us and add an elite controller in there to add to the value proposition?

Hmmm...reading this post has me thinking...would they do what they did with the "S" and release the higher end version a month or so before the smaller HDD versions come out? So, let's say pre-orders open on Sunday/Monday for the Day 1 edition with a 2TB HDD and it comes out October 3 and the standard 1TB version comes out on November 7th. Could be a possibility.

There's only going to be a 1TB version of this right?

My One S has a 2TB inside and I've gotten so used to it that going to a smaller size is going to irk me.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Hmmm...reading this post has me thinking...would they do what they did with the "S" and release the higher end version a month or so before the smaller HDD versions come out? So, let's say pre-orders open on Sunday/Monday for the Day 1 edition with a 2TB HDD and it comes out October 3 and the standard 1TB version comes out on November 7th. Could be a possibility.

I completely forgot about that! You are getting me excited, really hope this happens.

I just sold my 2TB Xbox One S today to cover part of the cost for the Xbox One X and have nothing to play on for now (except my PC of course). This happening would be great!

I'd kill for a version with no controller if it's at least $30 cheaper. Not gonna happen.

I was thinking that it was a bummer because I had this whole plan of getting it and then an HDR TV later in the month, but now. If they would release it early, before the wave of multi platform games it would help the situation.

Pantz

I couldn't hold out any longer and broke in to my $500 reserves for Best Buy :( Gotta try for Amazon pre-order then. Don't get paid till September.

Shin

Banned
Now I wish it was just square instead of the top hanging out on the left side and the front.
Added to my list on Amazon will see what Phil says tomorrow about pre-order (if he does mention it).

So wait... I missed the action last night. Since we posted about that Gamestop tweet, they deleted said tweet? After that Phil mentioned we'll get info about pre-orders today?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So wait... I missed the action last night. Since we posted about that Gamestop tweet, they deleted said tweet? After that Phil mentioned we'll get info about pre-orders today?

Pretty much, yeah. He alluded to that anyway without saying it. What he actually said, I think, was something answering someone asking about pre order information to be given at Gamescom. What he answered was something to the affect of giving some information about that today. So, either information about pre order information at Gamescom, which sounds stupid, or information about Gamescom, which is also stupid, or information about pre orders in general.

kahi

I have to see two clients today that are a few hours away, so hoping for Sunday since I'll be driving most of the day

Yeah it sure looks like that. Phil was directly responding about that preoder question.

Pretty much, yeah. He alluded to that anyway without saying it. What he actually said, I think, was something answering someone asking about pre order information to be given at Gamescom. What he answered was something to the affect of giving some information about that today. So, either information about pre order information at Gamescom, which sounds stupid, or information about Gamescom, which is also stupid, or information about pre orders in general.

Thanks for the information folks! I really wonder what they have planned for the Xbox One X launch at this point. Crackdown 3 was supposed to release on launch day for the console right? I feel like they need something to fill that gap for new owners in terms of first party. Chances of some random game we haven't heard of popping up are unlikely, but what else could they do?

Thoughts?

Darklor01

Thanks for the information folks! I really wonder what they have planned for the Xbox One X launch at this point. Crackdown 3 was supposed to release on launch day for the console right? I feel like they need something to fill that gap for new owners in terms of first party. Chances of some random game we haven't heard of popping up are unlikely, but what else could they do?

Thoughts?

There are a few possibilities. I mean, they have Forza Motorports 7 which comes out before the box. They may give some cars or special cars for those with preorders and the game. They may give a free game. They may give some XBOX Live Gold codes. Perhaps a code for Sea of Theives, or something.

I think they're OK though, even without much first party. That wasn't their intention going into this. It was best place to play 3rd party for now with exception to some Phil Spencer Quote in march about how important 1st party is to XBOX Success.

There are a few possibilities. I mean, they have Forza Motorports 7 which comes out before the box. They may give some cars or special cars for those with preorders and the game. They may give a free game. They may give some XBOX Live Gold codes. Perhaps a code for Sea of Theives, or something.

I think they're OK though, even without much first party. That wasn't their intention going into this. It was best place to play 3rd party for now with exception to some Phil Spencer Quote in march about how important 1st party is to XBOX Success.

Ugh... As excited as I am for the console, I'm not convinced that third party games are the best selling point. At least not when the console is releasing damn close to the time when all the big third party titles are already out for the year.

I'll have blind hope that they somehow decided to move up the release date. I want to see this thing do well and I think releasing it on or near the release of some "showcase" games would go a long way for that.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't have put it past Spencer to try to get something timed exclusive like how they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider but that's not gonna work this time. But as others mentioned if PUBG releases this year, even if it's game preview, that'll be quite something already next to Forza and Super Lucky's Tale.

I'm guessing the info he spoke about will be later today, right? It's afternoon in my country now.

12:00 PST
15:00 EST
21:00 CEST

That's Sunday though, right?

Huge news would be a unexpected price drop but that probably is not going to happen.

Darklor01

I wouldn't have put it past Spencer to try to get something timed exclusive like how they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider but that's not gonna work this time. But as others mentioned if PUBG releases this year, even if it's game preview, that'll be quite something already next to Forza and Super Lucky's Tale.

I'm guessing the info he spoke about will be later today, right? It's afternoon in my country now.

MS Headquarters are in the West Coast of the U.S. (-800 Time Zone). Usually, they start spouting tweets around 3 hours and 15 minutes from now.

Venom.

Crackdown 3 was set to be the big launch title for Xbox One X, but now the game has been delayed what does that leave, Super Lucky's Tale?

Microsoft can now do one of two things with the XBO X: 'soft launch' it like Sony did with the PS4 Pro, and push it's resolution improvements. Or delay the console until Crackdown 3 is ready so the console can launch with a standout title.

Preorders have yet to open which makes me wonder if the latter is more likely.

cucuchu

For those that want to preorder through gamestop and won't be able to be at the store when preorders go live (like myself if it's this Sunday or Monday), you might want to ask about switching a preorder over the phone. What the manager told me at my local Gamestop was that if I preorder any game or system in person and put down the $100 minimum needed for the XBOX (presumably) on that other item, I can call the same store when XBOX preorders go live and they will switch over the $100 preorder funds to an XBOX preorder.

Space_nut

For those that want to preorder through gamestop and won't be able to be at the store when preorders go live (like myself if it's this Sunday or Monday), you might want to ask about switching a preorder over the phone. What the manager told me at my local Gamestop was that if I preorder any game or system in person and put down the $100 minimum needed for the XBOX (presumably) on that other item, I can call the same store when XBOX preorders go live and they will switch over the $100 preorder funds to an XBOX preorder.

Is this gaurenteed to work?

Tune in to Xbox at gamescom for exciting Xbox One X pre-order details.

Mark your calendars to view it live on 20 August at 20:00 (BST).

Be sure to tune in on twitch.tv/xbox or mixer.com/Xbox.

Why am I receiving this email?

You are receiving this email as you have requested availability updates for the Xbox One X 1TB console.

Sincerely,

Amazon Video Games Team

Raide

Tune in to Xbox at gamescom for exciting Xbox One X pre-order details.

Mark your calendars to view it live on 20 August at 20:00 (BST).

Be sure to tune in on twitch.tv/xbox or mixer.com/Xbox.

Why am I receiving this email?

You are receiving this email as you have requested availability updates for the Xbox One X 1TB console.

Sincerely,

Amazon Video Games Team

Damn, Amazon ready! Will have to watch the site like a hawk on Sunday.

Is this gaurenteed to work?

As long as the manager who answers isn't a D bag. Most stores were calling people who had preorders they never picked up and asking people if the wanted to switch to different upcoming games rather than just have the money sitting for no reason.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Got an email from Amazon UK.

Feeling a bit "meh" about it now, though.

Crackdown 3 was set to be the big launch title for Xbox One X, but now the game has been delayed what does that leave, Super Lucky's Tale?

Microsoft can now do one of two things with the XBO X: 'soft launch' it like Sony did with the PS4 Pro, and push it's resolution improvements. Or delay the console until Crackdown 3 is ready so the console can launch with a standout title.

Preorders have yet to open which makes me wonder if the latter is more likely.

I don't think crackdown had any influence on anyone's decision about buying an X. I love crackdown but visually nobody looked at it and said man I need an X.

Yeah. It's currently like 6 AM in Seattle where they have their HQ. At the earliest we might get info at around 7AM PST, but I'd bet on sometime between then and noon.

I don't think crackdown had any influence on anyone's decision about buying an X. I love crackdown but visually nobody looked at it and said man I need an X.

Yeah, I think Crackdown 3 would have been "the" title that people picked up at launch just because it was there. I don't believe that a ton of people were basing their entire purchase of the console on that one game though. As it stands, the One X could really use "something" that goes along with the launch of the new hardware. Even bumping the release date up to October 27th would work well as that'd mean people can pick up AC: Origins with it.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Not a chance they'll delay because of CD3. If it's ready, it'll be out in November. Third party will sell this, anyway.

Is there updated word on whether or not VR is coming to the X? As in, are any current or future headsets being made compatible with it, along with VR games coming over? Right now my mind is between upgrading my GPU and jumping on the current oculus rift deal, which will run me at least $800-900 plus based on current pricing, and getting an XB1s at $200-250 chiefly for the 4k player......... or just go in on the X at $500 which covers 2 of the bases ( a machine more capable than my current 750ti powered gig and 4K player) and then pick up a compatible VR set, plus the benefit of 360 BC and whatever other features on the console side of Xbox.

Top Bottom