• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

RavenHawk

Wondering if I should sell my xbox one s by Saturday :x

Not sure if it will prove to be worthwhile, but if you are planning on getting one from Gamestop, you may wish to wait a few days (from their website):

Visit gamestop.com/xboxonex to tune in to Xbox at gamescom live stream for exciting Xbox One X pre-order details, on August 20, 2PM CT. Exclusive GameStop Trade offer announcements to follow.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Not sure if it will prove to be worthwhile, but if you are planning on getting one from Gamestop, you may wish to wait a few days (from their website):

Visit gamestop.com/xboxonex to tune in to Xbox at gamescom live stream for exciting Xbox One X pre-order details, on August 20, 2PM CT. Exclusive GameStop Trade offer announcements to follow.

Gamestop: Bring everything you can including your old consoles to the store ready for trade in. Tune in to the show while standing in the store. Trade and Pre Order to follow. :D

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
I might be TOO hyped for this console, but want my official prediction to be that the big news/surprise from Sunday is NOT the preorders going live, it is pushing up the release date roughly one month to early October. It makes complete sense now that Crackdown has missed.

They can make 4k Forza their lunch title, and get out ahead of the following blockbuster releases:
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein 2
Battlefront 2
COD: WW2.

This is an absolutely crucial time for pulling people that want a more true 4k console gaming experience into the mix for arguably the biggest releases of the year! I am interested enough to wait until the original release day to play these games, but it means several of them will have to wait until after the holidays as I inevitably obsess over COD. Anyways, just my prediction.

I might be TOO hyped for this console, but want my official prediction to be that the big news/surprise from Sunday is NOT the preorders going live, it is pushing up the release date roughly one month to early October. It makes complete sense now that Crackdown has missed.

They can make 4k Forza their lunch title, and get out ahead of the following blockbuster releases:
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein 2
Battlefront 2
COD: WW2.

This is an absolutely crucial time for pulling people that want a more true 4k console gaming experience into the mix for arguably the biggest releases of the year! I am interested enough to wait until the original release day to play these games, but it means several of them will have to wait until after the holidays as I inevitably obsess over COD. Anyways, just my prediction.

I don't want to get myself too hyped about that possibility, but I think what you listed above would be incredibly smart of them. Push the launch up by two weeks and they'd be out before all of those games.

I'm guessing my preorder at Mediamarkt won't change one bit. They'll probably just now officially move my name into the real preorder list I guess. Don't think I have to go to the store or anything.

They don't offer a trade in program though and it remains to be seen if Nedgame and Gamemania do in Holland. If they do I may have to cancel my preorder at Mediamarkt after all. All remains to be seen. Of course I could sell my current Xbox for like 150 to Nedgame now but I don't want to be Xbox One-less until November. :)

pitchfork

Fimzlge.jpg

Hmmm.. Tom Warren hinting at a free game included?

charpunk

Yes, but you will get taxed on your order even if using trade credit.

That’s fine. I won’t be able to get to a GameStop on Sunday my trade credit won’t cover the system plus tax. So as long as I can apply the credit and cover the rest with a credit card I’m cool.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
What are the odds on an AC:O bundle, and if so, how much would it be? Will be the first game I get for my 1X so a bundle would be convenient.

pitchfork

Ah, no worries! I didn't know there was more to that tweet. A free game would certainly be nice! I can either see Assassin's Creed, as they've done bundles with that series in the past, or Shadow of War. Personally I'd rather Shadow of War as I want to play it but don't have plans to purchase right away!

Yeah, I plan on picking up both of the above so would be very happy if they threw one in free! watch it be Recore though (if true), which I already own ha ha!

kevin1025

Banned
I can see the free game being a bundle thing where you can choose between either Shadow of War, Super Lucky's Tale, Assassin's Creed, or Forza.

blakep267

Well I think that Shadow of War will be the main $249 Xbox S bundle for the holiday season, so I could see Assassins creed being the game bundles with the X( as well as a month of gamepass with both). Bundling PUBG is risky because unless you have a 100% guarantee that it's gonna work and not have issues like other game preview games, I don't think it's a good idea for a bundle. It would be a good essential to buy the console but I don't want a broken game

RavenHawk

I can see the free game being a bundle thing where you can choose between either Shadow of War, Super Lucky's Tale, Assassin's Creed, or Forza.

I would be surprised if they offered a free game, but stranger things have happened. Maybe as some sort of goodwill gesture due to all the negative press lately?

If they do, I could see them going the same route as they did a few years ago (when Destiny launched) where you could choose any game up to $59.99.

blakep267

I would be surprised if they offered a free game, but stranger things have happened. Maybe as some sort of goodwill gesture due to all the negative press lately?

If they do, I could see them going the same route as they did a few years ago (when Destiny launched) where you could choose any game up to $59.99.
I mean they haven't had a standalone bundle since launch tbh. Sony didn't include a game with the Pro but I don't see MS not including some kind of game

Adam_802

So will I have to be fast with my pre-order? Will they sell out at all, or will I still be good to preorder Mon or Tues u think?

Orca

can someone post text of the info? Twitter and imgur are blocked at work.

Same here. I just quote them and change http to https then preview it to see them. Tom Warren says the pre-orders will go live after Gamescom conference and maybe hints that there might be a free game packed in.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Because I can spare 50 now. 100 is a bit harder.

I'm not as rich as some of y'all are.

LOL, continually gaming and loving tech/media for over 30 years has helped me stay at a reasonable poor as hell level of comfort. :D I've made some interesting life choices.

peppers

Bundling PUBG is ironically a much better idea than Crackdown 3 even though its retail price is smaller. Maybe the delay makes even more sense now as in they didn't want to miss the chance to have it this Christmas for free with every Xbox, X or otherwise.

Top Bottom