• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

FN-2187

Is there updated word on whether or not VR is coming to the X? As in, are any current or future headsets being made compatible with it, along with VR games coming over? Right now my mind is between upgrading my GPU and jumping on the current oculus rift deal, which will run me at least $800-900 plus based on current pricing, and getting an XB1s at $200-250 chiefly for the 4k player......... or just go in on the X at $500 which covers 2 of the bases ( a machine more capable than my current 750ti powered gig and 4K player) and then pick up a compatible VR set, plus the benefit of 360 BC and whatever other features on the console side of Xbox.

Don't have exact quotes, but the messaging out of E3 was basically that MS believes PC is the place for VR at this time and that they have no plans to bring it to X. At least that's what I recall.

Yeah. It's currently like 6 AM in Seattle where they have their HQ. At the earliest we might get info at around 7AM PST, but I'd bet on sometime between then and noon.

Yeah, I think Crackdown 3 would have been "the" title that people picked up at launch just because it was there. I don't believe that a ton of people were basing their entire purchase of the console on that one game though. As it stands, the One X could really use "something" that goes along with the launch of the new hardware. Even bumping the release date up to October 27th would work well as that'd mean people can pick up AC: Origins with it.

I do agree that unless Microsoft has something to offset the delay it's going to be a tough sell to a gaf type crowd. I still think it's insane people think there is nothing in the pipeline other than halo forza and gears. I'll be buying X for the best place to play 3rd party with the best online service. Systems worth it for me alone with that anything first party is just a bonus.

Hawk269

A price increase to $599 along with some new footage of a new game where you fight giant crabs seems more likely ;)

I would say it is not far fetched. They did the same for the Xbox One where the CPU and GPU got a small boost (overclock) prior to release, so it is possible. It would just come down to managing the heat...for the original Xbox One they had the thermal headroom to give it a slight boost.

I do agree that unless Microsoft has something to offset the delay it's going to be a tough sell to a gaf type crowd. I still think it's insane people think there is nothing in the pipeline other than halo forza and gears. I'll be buying X for the best place to play 3rd party with the best online service. Systems worth it for me alone with that anything first party is just a bonus.

Oh same here! As someone who uses my Xbox for all third party games, I never have a shortage of stuff to play. I do think they might have fared better if the console released earlier. Having it on the market before major third party game releases like Destiny 2 and CoD WW2 would have been pretty good for them.

Either way it is what it is. I definitely expect next fall to be pretty damn big for the One X.

Colbert

Banned
Delete if old but this is info offered by amazon.co.uk ... Sunday ...

Seems to be in conflict to the tweet of Phil Spencer ...

d9qSGS8.png

https://twitter.com/ChrisXP27/status/898168179293384705

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I would say it is far fetched. They did the same for the Xbox One where the CPU and GPU got a small boost (overclock) prior to release, so it is possible. It would just come down to managing the heat...for the original Xbox One they had the thermal headroom to give it a slight boost.

Yeah, they could do this, and without a price increase. Still, regardless. I don't think that increasing the power is a hurdle they need to be concerned with as much for this box. It's going to be the most powerful console for the remainder of this gen. That is not what the public that even know this thing exists faces as a sticking point. It will be the most powerful, and possibly best place to play 3rd party and play 1st party games as well. It will have a ton of content. It can play UHD discs. It supports HDR in multiple formats. It has Spotify and other services if you subscribe. None of these things are the problem for it.

Hawk269

My assumption pre-order could start today after the tweet of Phil Spencer yesterday. That's why "conflict". But the plot thickens for Sunday!

Yeah, I took Phil's tweet a different way. For me, I think his tweet was just confirming that people should tune into the GC presentation for pre-order details and a break down of what they will have to offer. The fact that Best Buy & Amazon are sending out emails for this and not saying it will start on Sunday, but to tune in on Sunday about pre-orders has me believing that Phil's tweet is just going to say the same thing..."tune in on Sunday".

Got to hand it to MS though....they are getting things lined up. When was the last time a major retailer and the worlds biggest on-line retailer are sending emails to consumers to tune into an event to find out about pre-orders?

Colbert

Banned
Yeah, I took Phil's tweet a different way. For me, I think his tweet was just confirming that people should tune into the GC presentation for pre-order details and a break down of what they will have to offer. The fact that Best Buy & Amazon are sending out emails for this and not saying it will start on Sunday, but to tune in on Sunday about pre-orders has me believing that Phil's tweet is just going to say the same thing..."tune in on Sunday".

Got to hand it to MS though....they are getting things lined up. When was the last time a major retailer and the worlds biggest on-line retailer are sending emails to consumers to tune into an event to find out about pre-orders?

Good point!

Don't have exact quotes, but the messaging out of E3 was basically that MS believes PC is the place for VR at this time and that they have no plans to bring it to X. At least that's what I recall.

Ok thanks, I do recall something along those lines some time ago but was wondering if there were any new developments. Frankly, with how they are integrating PC and Xbox I don't see why they wouldn't have it on the console side. The X is certainly a more capable VR machine than the PS4 Pro is.

I'm curious to see how this will work for us East Coast folk. Pre-orders going live after the event means we'd have about 2 hours at various retailers before they close for the day on Sunday.

Yeah, they could do this, and without a price increase. Still, regardless. I don't think that increasing the power is a hurdle they need to be concerned with as much for this box. It's going to be the most powerful console for the remainder of this gen. That is not what the public that even know this thing exists faces as a sticking point. It will be the most powerful, and possibly best place to play 3rd party and play 1st party games as well. It will have a ton of content. It can play UHD discs. It supports HDR in multiple formats. It has Spotify and other services if you subscribe. None of these things are the problem for it.

Since many people treat Xbox like a evil, i hope they boost it to 6.66tf.

I'm curious to see how this will work for us East Coast folk. Pre-orders going live after the event means we'd have about 2 hours at various retailers before they close for the day on Sunday.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a shit ton of credit with Gamestop and want to pre order the X with that credit so I'm wondering what time I should show up.

sense

Wouldn't be surprised if the early access version of pubg is bundled in for free. Probably the biggest game that could make a difference for them. I initially thought crackdown was going to get bundled.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Wouldn't be surprised if the early access version of pubg is bundled in for free. Probably the biggest game that could make a difference for them. I initially thought crackdown was going to get bundled.

Well, they've been playing the hell out of it in their offices at MS. Mike Ybarra is practically an addict for the title at this point. Wouldn't surprise me at all. It could bring a lot of people to make the jump from fence to purchase.

Guerrilla

dude, that would actually make a huge difference....

gossi

Just got an email from Amazon UK telling me to tune into Gamescom at the time above for "exciting pre-order news".

Tune in to Xbox at gamescom for exciting Xbox One X pre-order details.
Mark your calendars to view it live on 20 August at 20:00 (BST).
Be sure to tune in on twitch.tv/xbox or mixer.com/Xbox.

Why am I receiving this email?

You are receiving this email as you have requested availability updates for the Xbox One X 1TB console.

gossi

I just texted a friend in a major UK retailer, they replied saying they're putting preorders live on Sunday night, as per Microsoft.

Top Bottom