• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I never knew that before. You are a fountain of useful information today. That tip to fix QR worked perfectly on JFO too. now I can do a restart and come back and it loads instantaneously, no delay at all, maybe it's because it's the only game I'm currently playing and doesn't need a couple of seconds to switch. QR is AWESOME!

Thanks for all the tips Mr. Xbox expert :messenger_beaming:
Today?! :messenger_angry:

Pantz

Some HDR education here. Says HDR calibration tool does not affect Valhalla and you only need adjust in-game settings to change HDR. Gives tips on how to adjust it at 5:50. Raise max luminance up a ways then slowly decrease it until you see the first decrease in brightness and you can see more detail in the sun. Add 1-5 exposure if you are in a brighter room and feel the need to.

HDR settings always stress me out. That explanation really helped.

K' Dash

So, I just made a mistake and I would share so no one fucks up like I did.

I don't know why I was 100% sure that Control had a Series X patch already and bought the Ultimate Edition, turns out it will be ready by "early next year".

Here's hoping it at least runs better than the One X.

Bridges

Apologies if this has been addressed already:

I remember the XSX controller as being advertised to "save" a connection to multiple devices at once to ease switch from your Xbox to another Xbox/PC/Smartphone. Does anyone know how this works? I have switched between my PC and XSX with the new controller but haven't found any way of switching back besides the old way of holding the sync buttons. Do I need an app or something?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If they're currently working out the kinks by adding and removing games from QR, how are they doing that from their end without a patch?

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned

I remember the XSX controller as being advertised to "save" a connection to multiple devices at once to ease switch from your Xbox to another Xbox/PC/Smartphone. Does anyone know how this works? I have switched between my PC and XSX with the new controller but haven't found any way of switching back besides the old way of holding the sync buttons. Do I need an app or something?

I don't think anything has changed from how it previously worked.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Not a thing as far as I know.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If they're currently working out the kinks by adding and removing games from QR, how are they doing that from their end without a patch?

I am assuming it's just the feature being wonky and not actually being fixed if that makes sense. Its still not working for me.

splattered

Saw that Call of Duty Cold War performs maybe slightly better on PS5 in a couple other threads... John from DF explained that it's because the XB dev tools are behind the PS5's, the XSX tools "are in their infancy" ... i got banned from the main speculation thread for saying PS5 was supposed to be 2019 machine and the launch games look as great as they do because the system was supposed to come out sooner and games have been in development longer and some transitioned from PS4. Sooo if this is true and games performing as close as they do right now can we expect that gap to widen a bit once the XSX tools mature more and devs learn to get more out of them? I'm totally cool with both systems performing close to each other but also curious how this will all play out in a year or two.

FatCamperBear

Neo Member

I'm sorry for not answering your question, but I'm curious, how do you connect your controller to PC? using a special device or simply by Bluetooth.

Saw that Call of Duty Cold War performs maybe slightly better on PS5 in a couple other threads... John from DF explained that it's because the XB dev tools are behind the PS5's, the XSX tools "are in their infancy" ... i got banned from the main speculation thread for saying PS5 was supposed to be 2019 machine and the launch games look as great as they do because the system was supposed to come out sooner and games have been in development longer and some transitioned from PS4. Sooo if this is true and games performing as close as they do right now can we expect that gap to widen a bit once the XSX tools mature more and devs learn to get more out of them? I'm totally cool with both systems performing close to each other but also curious how this will all play out in a year or two.

I'd wait for Digital Foundry on that, there's a lot of misinformation being passed around by people not posting in good faith at all.

As you say though, it's early doors. We're still in cross-gen territory, third party games aren't being developed for any next gen system - whether it means using the full power of the Series X GPU or using the full speed of the PS5 SSD I/O.

Xbox in particular is going to take time to see it's full potential, but it'll come. Just like the Bethesda exclusives that some like to act as if they don't matter because they are 1+ years away.

Bridges

I don't think anything has changed from how it previously worked.
Not a thing as far as I know.

I appreciate the responses. I tried Googling around to see if I was just imagining things and the only sources for this feature I could find were Reddit and Ree so that probably tells me all I need to know

Kind of a shame, I assumed this was true when I first saw it, would've been a very useful feature to have

I'm sorry for not answering your question, but I'm curious, how do you connect your controller to PC? using a special device or simply by Bluetooth.
I use the Xbox wireless USB adapter, I believe it came with the Oculus RIft, but I'm pretty sure if you have a Windows 10 computer with Bluetooth support you can connect controllers now without the need of an extra device

Last edited:

shimceltic

Neo Member
I'm having an issue with valhalla ( only disk I have) when turning console on it keeps asking me to insert the disk. It's already in and I have to pop it out and back in.

Is it possible to play the same from a single account from two xboxes? I mean I have one Xbox One X and Xbox Series S. I wonder if I can play the game in Co-OP on both consoles simultaneously. My account has GamePass.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I appreciate the responses. I tried Googling around to see if I was just imaging things and the only sources for this feature I could find were Reddit and Ree so that probably tells me all I need to know

Kind of a shame, I assumed this was true when I first saw it, would've been a very useful feature to have

I use the Xbox wireless USB adapter, I believe it came with the Oculus RIft, but I'm pretty sure if you have a Windows 10 computer with Bluetooth support you can connect controllers now without the need of an extra device

One S controller and forward all have bluetooth so you don't need the adapter but the Xbox adapter has been far more consistent for me. With far less latency.

Perhaps it's something they had in the works but couldn't get it done in time or scrapped the feature.

Would be interesting to know how it works though if it is in the pipeline.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

RDR 1 still looks amazing on Series X in 4k and runs with the One X enhancements (at 1440p) on Series S too!

Now with auto-HDR

RDR still looks awesome, damn. I did not really like that game as much, but it's looking really fine.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Is it possible to play the same from a single account from two xboxes? I mean I have one Xbox One X and Xbox Series S. I wonder if I can play the game in Co-OP on both consoles simultaneously. My account has GamePass.
Negative. The account can only be signed in on one box at a time. I believe the exception is 360. You can be signed into a 360 and One/series/PC. (I think)

Jemm

the XSX tools "are in their infancy" ... i got banned from the main speculation thread for saying PS5 was supposed to be 2019 machine and the launch games look as great as they do because the system was supposed to come out sooner and games have been in development longer and some transitioned from PS4.
Xbox in particular is going to take time to see it's full potential, but it'll come. Just like the Bethesda exclusives that some like to act as if they don't matter because they are 1+ years away.

What many people seem to forget is that PS4 Pro was released a year earlier than Xbox One X. Sony could then focus on the PS5 and its games after the Pro was out of the way.

Microsoft started planning the latest gen early, too, but One X had to take some resources during that time.

Anyway, they technically had a year less for XSX/XSS since they had to launch in the new gen at the same time and it was challenging - especially for the software/games.

Microsoft could (should?) have kept the console releases 6-12 months later and have more stable release and more games at launch (covid didn't help, either).

I don't believe there will be any huge gap either way (3rd party) when the tools mature and devs learn to use them better. Maybe some surprises, when 1st party games come.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I just booted up Witcher 3 on Series X, and I can't even begin to tell you how pissed I am that I initially went with the PS4 version instead of the XB1 version. It runs so smooth and looks fantastic for it's age on Series X.

Negative. The account can only be signed in on one box at a time. I believe the exception is 360. You can be signed into a 360 and One/series/PC. (I think)
What? I mean I can use the same account on Xbox One X and Series S. You mean I cannot play the same game right?
Is there some way to do that - like GamePass sharing or something.

I just booted up Witcher 3 on Series X, and I can't even begin to tell you how pissed I am that I initially went with the PS4 version instead of the XB1 version. It runs so smooth and looks fantastic for it's age on Series X.

Yeah, looks beautiful and gone are the days of those wretchedly long ”fast” travel load times.

I’m probably going to wait until the dedicated Series X upgrade before I play through it again.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What? I mean I can use the same account on Xbox One X and Series S. You mean I cannot play the same game right?
Is there some way to do that - like GamePass sharing or something.

Yeah you cant use the same account to play the same game on two different consoles. If you do the home console sharing you can share your games with another account and play the same game together.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah, looks beautiful and gone are the days of those wretchedly long ”fast” travel load times.

I’m probably going to wait until the dedicated Series X upgrade before I play through it again.
I'm personally going to wait until the PS5 update. I'm 70 hours in and can't justify restarting, but fuck am I jealous right now lol.

I'd wait for Digital Foundry on that, there's a lot of misinformation being passed around by people not posting in good faith at all.

As you say though, it's early doors. We're still in cross-gen territory, third party games aren't being developed for any next gen system - whether it means using the full power of the Series X GPU or using the full speed of the PS5 SSD I/O.

MS's problem is that, at least from what I'm seeing online, a narrative is starting to form that may be hard or virtually impossible to shake off if they don't nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. In that way I actually do think seeing these early days in a PS1/Saturn light is very apt because there's a lot of parallels, but MS has means of resources (and better corporate synergy) to improve in ways SEGA lacked in the day.

Can MS honestly afford to wait until Halo Infinite (provided it has much improved visuals) or Starfield are ready in order to show off what the Series X can do? IMHO, no. By then it'll be too late to change what narrative settles in by then, because by that time Sony will have R&C Rift Apart, Horizon Forbidden West, GT7 and perhaps even Ragnarok showing their chops in the 1P suite and visual prowess department in addition to what Demon's Souls Remastered and Miles Morales are already doing.

So MS can't rely on Halo Infinite and Starfield for that. They need to make sure they're giving as much technical assistance to the Bright Memory Infinite, Exo-Mecha and Scorn teams as possible. Those games are scheduled for early 2021 IIRC and MS needs to start swinging that momentum in terms of visual narrative back to their favor after this launch period starts to wear off. Those games (and whatever other Xbox ecosystem exclusives are due in early/mid 2021) need to do their best to shut down any growing speculation on their platform having technical bottlenecks, whether it's CPU-related, GPU-related or SSD I/O related. Waiting and waiting isn't going to do much for too much longer.

I'm confident they can do it but it'll be some work to pull off, that is for sure. At least Gamecore seems to have stabilized and is getting out to more 3P devs now, which is a solid first step.

Elias

They don't need to shut down anything from neogaf trolls and others like them. And MS is giving devs support, it's just that dev environment is new... like with every Xbox generation. Next year, the differences will be MS's favor. I know MS has been a punching bag for all of last gen, but people are way too sensitive about this stuff. People thinking Star Field is the only Xbox exclusive next gen game coming from Bethesda next year is funny, too.

Yeah you cant use the same account to play the same game on two different consoles. If you do the home console sharing you can share your games with another account and play the same game together.
So ok, assuming I have Xbox One X with my account that it used by third party to play GamePass games and I have my XSS with my own account I use. What should I do on Xbox One X to allow another person to play GamePass games in Co-op with me?
What about guest accounts?

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No, but it's been switched off. I had just went into the game and pressed close and it's loaded this time.
Usually a fresh boot as a result of a hard reset rather than waking the system up from rest mode will fix small issues like that. So if you have something persist later on, give that a shot

Last edited:
Is it worth trying Fifa? Never liked football but considering how Fifa sells, maybe it is worth trying at least Fifa 20 in GamePass

Last edited:
Top Bottom