• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My Series X started making my TV flicker to a black screen every minute or so. Scared me enough to do a factory reset while keeping my settings. Fingers crossed it fixed it.

Edit: Hasn't happened since and it didn't start until I booted up the Amazon Prime Video app, so I won't be doing that again lol

Last edited:

sinnergy

My series X doesn’t detect my TV Samsung MU8000) as 1440p / 120 HZ capable , which is weird because my One X does ...

Must be a series X bug ..

Andodalf

Banned
My series X doesn’t detect my TV Samsung MU8000) as 1440p / 120 HZ capable , which is weird because my One X does ...

Sorta OT but I haven’t gotten my PS5 to work at 1080p 120 when my XOX can set to 1440p 120 just fine on my TCL 6 series.

Gravemind

What is actually wrong with these people? Do they have so little in their lives?

This is their lives. Its all they have. Normal people have families, rewarding careers, experiences to look forward too, etc. You know, actual "life" stuff.

These kinds of people though, they have consoles... and that's about it. They always have a neogaf tab open, while simultaneously scouring the internet for console news. You know the excitement a sports fan feels when their team wins a game or a championship? These people get the same thrill when their favorite console manufacturer gets a "win" or the competition has some controversy.

Feel bad for these people. Its honestly quite sad. Their lives are seriously meaningless.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That’s exactly how Amazon packed mine. Hope it’s ok as it’s a gift for someone. My Xbox from MS was packed perfectly.

My Series X also came rom the MS Store and it was packed superbly. The box was fairly close to the size of the Xbox box and then they put cardboard inserts to hold it in place and make it fit exactly with no gaps or wiggle room. I was impressed

nikolino840

My Series X started making my TV flicker to a black screen every minute or so. Scared me enough to do a factory reset while keeping my settings. Fingers crossed it fixed it.

Edit: Hasn't happened since and it didn't start until I booted up the Amazon Prime Video app, so I won't be doing that again lol
Worked?

Console launched so her job is done?

I don't know who she is

She was a program manager, first with Azure then joined Team Xbox in 2017 where she worked on some social stuff like the Xbox App. I guess nobody really heard of her until the Series X/S launch when she was in the live stream.

Not really a big deal IMO

Kagey K

Banned

Plugged into the same HDMI port as your one X was?

You might have to enable the port again as it’s detecting a “different“ device.

Last edited:

GloveSlap

I think mine started doing the same thing, mostly on Youtube. Was it like a quick video cutout, sometimes with an audio pop before coming back up? I turned off the system and unplugged/replugged everything and it seems good for now.

lachesis

Sounds like HDMI issue. I had similar issues with PS4 Pro, and turned out to be the HDMI cable that I was using wasn't up to the speed. I ended up upgrading all the cables for my PS4 setup (PS4 -> PSVR -> SoundBar -> TV) with more robust bandwidth / thicker guage / certified one and the problems went away like magic.

Elias

Halo Infinite
Inxile's AAA project
The Initiative's AAA Project
Avowed
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Forza Horizon 5
Everwild
Age of Empires 4
State of Decay 3
Hell Blade 2
Star Field
The Elder Scrolls 6
Psychonauts 2

And that's just what we know about. It's gonna be great folks.

Jemm

Today I played some RDR2 and it worked well, as expected. No huge jump from One X, but the best thing is how fast it loads - even from an external (USB) SSD.

About minute or less and I was in the game from Home. No more "I'll start the game and make some coffee while waiting for it to start".

splattered

I got an update for Black Ops 4 yesterday... doesn't say X|S on it but wondering if it did anything at all performance wise? My brother still plays it a lot and I jump in with him sometimes for the BR mode.

I got an update for Black Ops 4 yesterday... doesn't say X|S on it but wondering if it did anything at all performance wise? My brother still plays it a lot and I jump in with him sometimes for the BR mode.

The One X version targeted dynamic 4k/60, so almost certainly you'll see it sit at 4k/60 locked on Series X. Oh and auto-HDR. Not sure if it had HDR support originally, but this video seems to indicate it didn't

Lack of understanding here. The game state is always saved to the SSD. It doesn't matter if the game itself is on HDD.

Correct, otherwise it wouldn't be roughly the same 6 seconds.

QR loading games so fast even from an external HDD is a big boon for Xbox over the competition.

yurinka

Quick Resume from external HDD is still really fast

Even if the game is stored in an external HDD, when you suspend a game its RAM is dumped in the internal SSD. So it resumes in the same time as when they are stored in the internal SSD.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Was always 4k but looks like it finally locks 60fps

#wednesday

Jemm

XSX do support YCC 4:2:2
But if your tv supports hdmi 2.1 isn't chroma 4:4:4 better for image quality?
XSX supports 4:4:4. Yesterday I configured my TV (LG CX) to support it. The HDMI input had to be set as "PC" and do some other changes to perfect the image quality.

I used the tips from the video I posted in this thread earlier.

Here are my NOTES (for LG C9/CX):
  • Disable AMD FreeSync (VRR is supported without this, anyway.)
  • PC-mode for HDMI (for 4:4:4)
  • Gamma: Warm2
  • Black level: Low
  • Sharpness: 0
  • Gamma: BT.1886
  • Color: 50
  • Dynamic tone mapping: HGIG (Need to be in HDR mode for this setting to show)

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Has anyone noticed that games with X/S logo are meant to be playable on internal ssd but i have Cod Warzone and Ori will of Wisps both updated and they play off my hdd.
FH4 and Gears 5 on internal so not tried them yet on external.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Do the games load off the external hdd load faster now or am I imagining it. Mines only a 5400 speed.

Last edited:
Series S/X was Xbox's biggest console launch in the UK

According to publishers speaking to VGC, Xbox Series X and S sold around 155,000 consoles on launch day, beating the previous record of 150,000, which Xbox One managed in its first two days on sale in 2013.

One of Europe's biggest markets, after Finland of course

Last edited by a moderator:

Elias

XSX supports 4:4:4. Yesterday I configured my TV (LG CX) to support it. The HDMI input had to be set as "PC" and do some other changes to perfect the image quality.

I used the tips from the video I posted in this thread earlier.

Here are my NOTES (for LG C9/CX):
  • Disable AMD FreeSync (VRR is supported without this, anyway.)
  • PC-mode for HDMI (for 4:4:4)
  • Gamma: Warm2
  • Black level: Low
  • Sharpness: 0
  • Gamma: BT.1886
  • Color: 50
  • Dynamic tone mapping: HGIG (Need to be in HDR mode for this setting to show)
I have a lowly nano 85, but these settings work for my set as well. Thanks!

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

unknown.png

"Unannounced Projects".

Riky

$MSFT
Has anyone noticed that games with X/S logo are meant to be playable on internal ssd but i have Cod Warzone and Ori will of Wisps both updated and they play off my hdd.
FH4 and Gears 5 on internal so not tried them yet on external.

Yeah I've been playing Warzone on my external, saves a lot of space on Series S especially.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
QR hasn't worked on anything today. They want need to make a QR List or something in the dash to see what's in QR and what's not. Maybe even give me access to keep things in a priority I want.

Top Bottom