• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Thoughts on playing with the gamepad exclusively versus pro controller with the gamepad off to the side?

Ideally I'd like to play mainly with the pro controller and just use the gamepad for map stuff, fast travel, etc. Is this viable or will it really best to use just the gamepad?

So, I was working my way to a pod location and stumbled upon another area... gorgeous.

ogvCkBh.jpg

SAC

Neo Member
yay! first OT i can participate in as a new member of NeoGaf! i have been daydreaming about this game for years now and I can't wait to get lost into this world over my winter break. **obviously subscribes**

Hm, after reclassing I kinda miss that one topple-flame grenade combo you could do, but after ranking up a bit again I'm getting in the groove again, decided to go with the Commando.

Rewind

Thoughts on playing with the gamepad exclusively versus pro controller with the gamepad off to the side?

Ideally I'd like to play mainly with the pro controller and just use the gamepad for map stuff, fast travel, etc. Is this viable or will it really best to use just the gamepad?

You use all 4 triggers regurally so I prefer pro controller with the pad on the side. I hate the L and R triggers on the pad, too tall compared to the zL and zR.

Teletraan1

Banned
Nice OT. Lots of replies in here already. Seems pretty hype for a Wii U release, I hope it does well.

Haven't been this excited in a game for a while. I haven't been able to play anything else all week.

Edit: Nice that this comes out at midnight for me. I have been so used to the (gaming) world operating on PST for no reason whatsoever.

-GJ-

Ughhh, I want to play this so bad but my wallet is crying after buying holiday presents for my girlfriend. How is it, compared to Xenoblade on the Wii? That's one of my favorite games of all time.

Kadin

You use all 4 triggers regurally so I prefer pro controller with the pad on the side. I hate the L and R triggers on the pad, too tall compared to the zL and zR.
Yeah the Pro really is a LOT more comfortable (for me) plus the battery life is so much better. Have the cradle close by so I can just leave the gamepad sitting in that.

JCX

So mad I won't be able to really sit and play this until Saturday. Should have taken work off for this.

It's crazy that this is my most anticipated game yet I know nothing about it other than a screenshot here and there. Just like Xenoblade I will be going in totally blind. I hate to say I haven't read the OT yet either, but knowing Moon's it will be quality. Can't wait to read once I've acclimated a bit.

Now to wait till tomorrow....which is probably when these damn packs will be downloaded.

careksims

Wooo nice OT! I was happy to find my spare HDD to install those packs. Amazon says my CE will be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to explore!

Yam's

Always assumed japanese voices were included as in Xenoblade before reading this OP. Real shame as it's very rare I can stand anime-like characters speaking english. Even more so when a game is that long. Guess I'll pass.

Semajer

Do we have details on the DLC yet?

I've got the data packs, the update data and my save data on my USB drive. I want the save data and the update data on the Wii U, while keeping the data packs on my USB drive. I tried to move them over, but it wanted to move everything over at once. Can I delete the data packs, move over the save and update data, and then redownload the data packs and have it work that way?

Ludovico

Awesome OP.

Collector's edition is set to arrive Saturday, but I'm still debating whether I rather have the game digitally accessible or stay with disc + data installs...

Kade

Is there a storage chest or a way to flag items that I want to keep for other classes but I'm afraid of accidentally selling? I'm also confused about whether to sell materials and collectibles, especially the latter once I've registered them to the Collectopedia. I'm assuming Materials could end up being quest items in the future but Collectibles are just vendor junk once they're registered?

john tv

NNID: johntv
If you friend me, say who you are here so I don't skip over it! (I get a lot of random requests since it's the same as my Twitter name)

I'm level 40-something so if you can afford to scout me, by all means HVC-012 would love to help...

thHsE0o.jpg

Jolkien

Always assumed japanese voices were included as in Xenoblade before reading this OP. Real shame as it's very rare I can stand anime-like characters speaking english. Even more so when a game is that long. Guess I'll pass.

Xenoblade Chronicles English translation was more than decent. I'll know tomorrow but I assume this one will be fine as well.

fernoca

NNID: johntv
If you friend me, say who you are here so I don't skip over it! (I get a lot of random requests since it's the same as my Twitter name)

I'm level 40-something so if you can afford to scout me, by all means HVC-012 would love to help...

thHsE0o.jpg
Hmm..I'm glad you posted the picture.
Was wondering what kind of character to create, but was afraid or guys were...younger looking, didn't wanted a Squall or Cloud. That one is more of my tastes...I mean, for character customization...yeah.

Can someone please please please confirm if this has surround 5.1 sound? I'm hearing nothing through my rear speakers for this game and I know everything is set up correctly as games like Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2 all have sound coming from the back when it's supposed to.

In this game I'm in the first area and im shocked because this 3D world looks gorgeous and requires 5.1 so you can hear rain, ambient sounds and creatures yet it's just stereo! that a game as pretty as this has gimped on 5.1 audio in 2015 is ridiculous. It makes no sense!

chadboban

I've got the data packs, the update data and my save data on my USB drive. I want the save data and the update data on the Wii U, while keeping the data packs on my USB drive. I tried to move them over, but it wanted to move everything over at once. Can I delete the data packs, move over the save and update data, and then redownload the data packs and have it work that way?

DLC is free with the NA/EU release and is on the disk from the get go.

Chaos17

The dubbing is above the average of anime or Atlus dub.

Can someone please please please confirm if this has surround 5.1 sound? I'm hearing nothing through my rear speakers for this game and I know everything is set up correctly as games like Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2 all have sound coming from the back when it's supposed to.

In this game I'm in the first area and im shocked because this 3D world looks gorgeous and requires 5.1 so you can hear rain, ambient sounds and creatures yet it's just stereo! that a game as pretty as this has gimped on 5.1 audio in 2015 is ridiculous. It makes no sense!

You can't use headphone unless you play off-tv.
Yes, that's lame.

Two questions for those more knowledgeable:

1. Is it possible to play with the Wii U Pro controller and have the game map only for the map? edit: nvm saw you can play with Wii U Pro on the side, what about the skell question though?

2. What's the point of a light armor skell? I understand the video said mobility/maneuverability but seeing how the combat isn't real time dodging doesn't seem like it's a thing, or is it?

so can I just use a flash drive as extra data storage for the data packs? Do you have to do anything specific other than just plug in the thing on the WiiU?

Two questions for those more knowledgeable:

1. Is it possible to play with the Wii U Pro controller and have the game map only for the map?

2. What's the point of a light armor skell? I understand the video said mobility/maneuverability but seeing how the combat isn't real time dodging doesn't seem like it's a thing, or is it?

Evasion is a stat

NNID Frost-Fiend

Looking to fill up to 32 at least. :)

Won't be on till tomorrow morning.

On that note, I'm so jelly of those already playing.

Aliens, Eoxplanets, and Potatsu's oh my!

ksamedi

Loving the music. Game is great. There is lots of stuff To do. So far i like the beginning hours better then xenoblade. The quest are more fun and the world is huge with lots of interesting spots.

The dubbing is above the average of anime or Atlus dub.

You can't use headphone unless you play off-tv.
Yes, that's lame.

I'm not using headphones. There is no sound coming from my rear speakers on my 5.1 system just for this game. There are no settings in game to change for it and I know it's working because I use the test button in the sound settings on wii u and hear sound through all the speakers and I hear 5.1 sound in other games too....I can't believe it. I'd understand if it was a 2D Mario game like New Super Mario Bros....

mileS

Hmm..I'm glad you posted the picture.
Was wondering what kind of character to create, but was afraid or guys were...younger looking, didn't wanted a Squall or Cloud. That one is more of my tastes...I mean, for character customization...yeah.

I don't mind younger looking sometimes but I agree. Sometimes there's usually only 1 older customization in these types of games too. Oh man I am so excited to start playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom