• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero²

I wonder what the chances of it winning soundtrack of the year.
I know some people hate Sawano here, but he is pretty popular elsewhere, and the soundtrack is just stellar, specially the vocals. By my side, The Way, Your Voice, So Nah So Fern, Uncontrollable, Melancholia... So many great songs.

Malus

Zero²;187778310 said:
I wonder what the chances of it winning soundtrack of the year.
I know some people hate Sawano here, but he is pretty popular elsewhere, and the soundtrack is just stellar, specially the vocals. By my side, The Way, Your Voice, So Nah So Fern, Uncontrollable, Melancholia... So many great songs.

Seems pretty love it or hate it going by the reviewers.

JCX

I'm trying not to buy the digital version at midnight even though I have the limited edition preordered but it's very tough.

Can't wait to play this tomorrow.

I was thinking of either going for the Shield class or one that focuses on spells (is there ether arts in this or only physical since I haven't seen any spell stuff in any videos).

LProtag

My SE shipped from Best Buy with next day air, but my tracking number won't give me an estimate. It's in MN and I'm in CT. Here's hoping it makes it!

mekes

Praise TheMoon for the great OT, much appreciated. I've had the game for a few days but not starting on it til tomorrow. Will definitely read the available game info from the OT before jumping in :)

Found the limited edition for sale a day early.
Only one store here actually sold it outside pre-orders.

Will try it out tomorrow.

Diablos54

I can only do one main/affinity mission at a time yea? Damn it... Still, I got a nice view out of it.

1Z6zygG.jpg

Dineren

Banned
I wish ordering online for instore pickup from Gamestop gave more info. All it says on the order status is open and to contact the store for more info so I have no idea what is going on with it. I called the store and they just said there is a cardboard box with Xenoblade on it so I should be good. Hopefully that's the case, but their automated system never called me and the guy on the phone didn't actually check anything so I'm a bit skeptical.

Fingers crossed though, if it's not there I guess I'll just go digital.

Kjellson

Can you save early in the game? My install is done soon and I just want to take a little sneak peek before heading to bed.

LProtag

I think I'm going with Galactic Knight, but I'm not sure. That skill that regains HP with auto-attacks from Full Metal Jaguar looks nice.

I'm trying not to buy the digital version at midnight even though I have the limited edition preordered but it's very tough.

Do it. Join me.

I had a gift card I needed to use on something before it expired so it wasn't as big of a blow to my wallet.

Went by gamestop to check on my CE preorder to see how early I can pick mine up, and they told and showed me that all the copies they got were pretty trashed in the shipping.

Think I'm gonna cry. :c

ultrazilla

Heading up to the local Meijers tonight and hopefully they'll have it out. They've been good with getting the releases like Yoshi's Wholly World out right at midnight.

Quick question, sorry if asked already. Since I plan on buying the disc version, should I download ALL the data packs? Will there be conflicts if I download all of them? Or can I only pick one to use? I have a 500 gig external hard drive so space isn't a problem.

Can't wait! One of the reasons I bought a Wii U. Game looks utterly amazing!

Heading up to the local Meijers tonight and hopefully they'll have it out. They've been good with getting the releases like Yoshi's Wholly World out right at midnight.

Quick question, sorry if asked already. Since I plan on buying the disc version, should I download ALL the data packs? Will there be conflicts if I download all of them? Or can I only pick one to use? I have a 500 gig external hard drive so space isn't a problem.

Can't wait! One of the reasons I bought a Wii U. Game looks utterly amazing!

You can download and use all data-packs at once!

Here's my character so far:

CVWYK0UU8AAWZLd.jpg:orig

And I added my NNID to the sheet aswell after I added some people whose names I recognized.

Really couldn't play as much as I wanted, this cold I developed today makes me 100% not wanting to do anything :(

I am going to wait until Christmas for this one. The game looks absolutely phenomenal, and all of you who get to play it from day one... Enjoy it for my sake as well. I'll be joining you guys in a few weeks!

JC Lately

no pure white hair
I'm going to freaking die

What madness is this?!

Tell me I can at least make a red head.

Lé Blade Runner;187803156 said:
I am going to wait until Christmas for this one. The game looks absolutely phenomenal, and all of you who get to play it from day one... Enjoy it for my sake as well. I'll be joining you guys in a few weeks!

I am also waiting till Christmas. I know it not a requirement, but I really want to finisish XC first.

Branson

Can someone please please please confirm if this has surround 5.1 sound? I'm hearing nothing through my rear speakers for this game and I know everything is set up correctly as games like Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2 all have sound coming from the back when it's supposed to.

In this game I'm in the first area and im shocked because this 3D world looks gorgeous and requires 5.1 so you can hear rain, ambient sounds and creatures yet it's just stereo! that a game as pretty as this has gimped on 5.1 audio in 2015 is ridiculous. It makes no sense!

Wait is this true? Not a setting you missed or anything? If true thats a really big deal. Fuck trying to be immersed in this world if you cant experience it in surround. Thats half of the fun of exploring an alien world is hearing all of the alien sounds around you.

Wow.

ultrazilla

You can download and use all data-packs at once!

Here's my character so far:

CVWYK0UU8AAWZLd.jpg:orig

And I added my NNID to the sheet aswell after I added some people whose names I recognized.

Really couldn't play as much as I wanted, this cold I developed today makes me 100% not wanting to do anything :(

Awesome! Thanks for the answer! :)

B00TE

Subscribed to the thread, I won't be able to play much until Christmas though. So hyped for it regardless.

I'll add my name to the NNID list around then.

Exeunt

I've heard there are one or two. Not hard to miss because odds are you'll do them if you want good content.

Because once you've accepted an Affinity mission you can't cancel it. Meaning you can't proceed story chapters, etc.

I'm a bit late coming back here, but thanks for the response! I'm glad it sounds like I won't have to worry as much about missing quests this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom