• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malus

So I can go into off-TV play mode and the TV will still be usable, so I can get headphone sound from the gamepad while playing on the TV? As opposed to a "look at the gamepad" message popping up or something.

Azuran

Banned
Hell yeah, my copy shipped and should be here by tomorrow. HYPE TIME!

NNID: Ahzuran if anyone wants to add me. Just make sure to state you're from GAF if you do.

See now I'm curious if light armor skells can use melee weapons effectively. Seems like they have both light gasoline and light health, so getting up and close seems dangerous unless you're counting on the evasion/mobility to keep you safe.

Diablos54

So I can go into off-TV play mode and the TV will still be usable, so I can get headphone sound from the gamepad while playing on the TV? As opposed to a "look at the gamepad" message popping up or something.
Thats right, it's what I'm doing right now. Only downside is you'll have the manually switch to the map of you need it and when you do the music won't come out of the headphones.

Chaos17

I'm not using headphones. There is no sound coming from my rear speakers on my 5.1 system just for this game. There are no settings in game to change for it and I know it's working because I use the test button in the sound settings on wii u and hear sound through all the speakers and I hear 5.1 sound in other games too....I can't believe it. I'd understand if it was a 2D Mario game like New Super Mario Bros....

Sorry I can't help you, my Wii U is directly connected to my tv and I never changed the basic wires that Ninendo gave me :(

Lren

Just added myself to the spreadsheet, going to pick up my CE in the morning. Haven't had butterflies in my stomach for a game release in quite a while.

Diablos54

Bring it big bad red alien monkey!

EGSk8wJ.jpg

Is it weird that taking screenshots is one of the things I'm most excited about doing in this game?
Definitely not, it's a beautiful game.

tebunker

Banned
NNID: johntv
If you friend me, say who you are here so I don't skip over it! (I get a lot of random requests since it's the same as my Twitter name)

I'm level 40-something so if you can afford to scout me, by all means HVC-012 would love to help...

thHsE0o.jpg

I'm in at Midnight, go by Tebunker will definitely hit you up. This game looks so awesome.

NNID: johntv
If you friend me, say who you are here so I don't skip over it! (I get a lot of random requests since it's the same as my Twitter name)

I'm level 40-something so if you can afford to scout me, by all means HVC-012 would love to help...

thHsE0o.jpg

this is making me believe that maybe I can make my Geralt of New Rivia character.

Ravijn

Is there a list of what classes your NPC companions are? I'm trying to figure out what I want to do beforehand and not overlap a class if possible.

Cosmozone

Spent my first two hours with the game. The greatest achievements so far: Explored a ton of menus and read half of the manual.

One thing I'm wondering is if evasion tanking will be as ridiculously OP as it was in the first xenoblade, and if evasion is still tied to accuracy. Anyone with experience in the game have any thoughts on that?
Evasion is separate from Accuracy, and you have a different Accuracy stat for both Melee and Ranged. Evasiontanking is more of a thing with Skells since they get much higher base stats, mainly the lighter frames.

hoserx

Picking my copy up after work. Listening to the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack at max volume right now and getting ready for the game awards. I work at 430am EST tomorrow but who cares! What an awesome time for gaming!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Please tell me this game has multiple save slots. My roommate wants to use my system and I'll be playing through this myself at the same time.

Kade

Please tell me this game has multiple save slots. My roommate wants to use my system and I'll be playing through this myself at the same time.

One save slot, but I don't know if it's per system or per system account. Probably the latter. I hope the latter. Please be the latter.

JC Lately

Alamost certain that just only one save spot.

But all is not lost! Just have your roommate create an account on the system, and play the game on his side. The save files are separated by account. Like Splatoon or Mario Kart.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Alamost certain that just only one save spot.

But all is not lost! Just have your roommate create an account on the system, and play the game on his side. The save files are separated by account. Like Splatoon or Mario Kart.

Ahh cool. I just realized I am so not familiar with my Wii U, but I'll figure it out.

Chaos17

I'm in same situation and I can confirm you that your roomate just have to create his own account on the Wii U to have his own save file :)

Renewed

So many names to add. I think I made a dent, will continue after the Game Awards. Or maybe during, depends.

Also in shipping hell, so I guess I'm walking down to a store to get the game in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom