• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Yeah, I know, I got beaten badly by him. I might try it again before I finish Kiryu's section though.

Also substory spoiler:
Just finished the sunshine orphanage. It was nice being able to send money to the kids for christmas and touching on the things we did in Yakuza 3. <3. Good Guy Kiryu.

Also on another substory thing, I laughed when doing "The King's Game" haha. Ok, it's not called that in English but I looked it up and it is called that in the Japanese version >.>
How, oh how did I miss that substory?! :( I wish I could go back and complete it...maybe there will be opportunity later. :(

Stuart444

How, oh how did I miss that substory?! :( I wish I could go back and complete it...maybe there will be opportunity later. :(

If you think you're near the end of a chapter (which for Kiryu is pretty much anytime he has to go back home and sleep), don't and go and look for the question marks around the map. That's how I found it.

And I have my taxi decorated with an awesome Haruka decal now.

Same, did that as soon as I was able to XD :D

Made it kinda awkward when I had a couple ask "Is my girlfriend better looking than Haruka" >.>

Just for Main story missions right? Seems weird since there are way points telling you where to go.

Yes, does it whenever you're near the pink marker aka the main story mission.

If you think you're near the end of a chapter (which for Kiryu is pretty much anytime he has to go back home and sleep), don't and go and look for the question marks around the map. That's how I found it.

I think I missed it entirely though. I spent nearly 11 hours just doing side missions and taxi missions. I thought I got them all since I didn't see anymore question marks on the screen except for the taxi company. I assumed it was because of the last free race but it was most likely that substory. :( Now I'm very sad.

Got to the end of Kiryu's part. That final fight was nuts. It's good to see him wear that suit again.

Also
you ain't dead Majima. I don't believe that for a second

I've pretty much had to give up on doing the racing/taxi missions for now as vehicle acceleration is really messed up when playing with a DS4.

SephLuis

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who has only advanced the story a few chapters and have only chose the taxi and side missions.

I feel pretty awesome considering I'm level 16 and I'm only in Part 1 chapter 4. These taxi and side missions are so much fun!

It's been a while since a Yakuza game releases in english, but I will have to put this on hold for a while.

Playing Crazy Taxi: Stories is so much fun that I am forgetting the main story D=

cj_iwakura

Taking my sweet time with Kiryu's story, especially since I kind of rushed my way through 4 and missed a ton of stuff.

Dat Taxi Eurobeat.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Love love looooooooooving it. I'm savouring every moment of this so far :) Did all the taxi missions tonight apart from the one with
Furumichi
who's a bit of a prick to beat.

One of the things I loved is how varied and interesting the taxi missions are
it starts with the standard driving carefully ones which are fun enough moving onto chases, fights etc and just some fun dialogue encounters

Yakuza games are always so wonderfully varied when it comes character and dialogue. Never boring, always interesting and a lot of times very funny.

why is taxi driving so fun? lol

It's really awesome. I'm really enjoying both the getting customers to their destinations aspect as well as the street races.

The driving through town missions are fun because it's pretty rare to see a game that's actually forcing you to follow traffic laws, look out for pedestrians, etc. And that's all in addition to the whole making conversation aspect of it.

This team is really second to none when it comes to crazy yet fun game implementations of things you never thought you'd see in a game. From hostess club stuff to cooking ramen to driving a taxi, they always come up with so many weird ideas that just play out perfectly.

just got in... alright time to fire this baby up and play till late.

so glad there's a lot of life for this game on the thread. hopefully sales of yakuza 5 are good!

Stuart444

The driving through town missions are fun because it's pretty rare to see a game that's actually forcing you to follow traffic laws, look out for pedestrians, etc. And that's all in addition to the whole making conversation aspect of it.

It's fun until you get a pedestrian that comes out at you at the last minute or even worse. runs out and hits the middle of your car before you even have a chance to speed up.

Like yeah, stopping when they run out in front of you, I can maybe understand but it annoys me so much when they actually come out and hit your car rather than you hitting them. :/

But it is a lot of fun driving around Fukuoka ignoring the above issue :D

It's fun until you get a pedestrian that comes out at you at the last minute or even worse. runs out and hits the middle of your car before you even have a chance to speed up.

Like yeah, stopping when they run out in front of you, I can maybe understand but it annoys me so much when they actually come out and hit your car rather than you hitting them. :/

But it is a lot of fun driving around Fukuoka ignoring the above issue :D

I had one time earlier where someone ran into my car while I was stopped at a stop sign and it still resulted in me being penalized.

But aside from that, it's a lot of fun.

Stuart444

I had one time earlier where someone ran into my car while I was stopped at a stop sign and it still resulted in me being penalized.

But aside from that, it's a lot of fun.

Hahahahaha. That'd be so frustrating, especially if it happened right before the destination AND you have to restart before of too many mistakes before that.

(I had something similar except it was more me accidentally leaving the road JUST before the destination)

Tizoc

12:30 AM download was at 10%
8:30 AM before I left for work- 61%

Won't be home for another 9 hours but hopefully if there are no electrical cuts I'll have this baby ready to play the night long oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Well, I'm still in Chapter 2 and I learned everything up till Tiger Drop. I swear, Kazuma will be the king of this game as long as he has that move, it's so OP.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can anyone tell me where the revelations are this time around? As far as I know there's only one per character, and I'm having some trouble finding Kiryu's.

I forgot the name but it's one of the horizontal streets. Should be the second from the bottom on the right side. It's the guy grabbing on the girl.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Did you quote the wrong post? :lol I was talking about revelations. What you're talking about is just a substory.

The game is great so far.

My only complaint is that they are still using PS3 launch era saving. How could they not have it save in the background like every other game in the past 6 years.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is there any reason to do all of Kiryu's taxi missions before finishing up his part? I kinda want to save some for post-game just so I have something to do once I'm done with everything else.

Did you quote the wrong post? :lol I was talking about revelations. What you're talking about is just a substory.

ah sorry for some reason, it quoted you though i didn't click the quote button. lol

but yeah, what the other poster said

the revelation is where the creepy guy is trying to follow a girl in a taxi cab. if you do one of the cab missions. the same creepy guy asks you to tail another cab. but the mission is to try and lose the cab your tailing without being conspicuous. it's that location where you start the mission is where the revelation happens.

gelf

The game is great so far.

My only complaint is that they are still using PS3 launch era saving. How could they not have it save in the background like every other game in the past 6 years.
Yeah I do wish you could just save anywhere when your just wandering the city. Some types of game still work well with fixed save points but I don't think this one really needs them.

Also I wish I could set some waypoints on the map as I'm terrible at finding my way around. Have to keep switching back to the menu to view the map.

MaxiLive

Dang it! Tried to buy this last night but my PS3 is dead :(

It works fine in the OS but as soon as you load the store/game it just crashes at a blackscreen. After googling it seems to point to a broken blu-ray drive.

lmao. this
bear fight
in saejima's part is both unexpected and hilarious.

And awesome! Don't forget awesome.

Yeah I do wish you could just save anywhere when your just wandering the city. Some types of game still work well with fixed save points but I don't think this one really needs them.

Also I wish I could set some waypoints on the map as I'm terrible at finding my way around. Have to keep switching back to the menu to view the map.

yeah, having to run to the right spot to save can be a lttile annoying, I get it for the abiity to access item boxes, but there should at least be a quick save.

Hasney

Dang it! Tried to buy this last night but my PS3 is dead :(

It works fine in the OS but as soon as you load the store/game it just crashes at a blackscreen. After googling it seems to point to a broken blu-ray drive.

Yeah, I bought my PS3 without a blu ray drive and that's exactly what happened when I thought I could just get digital games to tide me over until there was a way to fix it myself. It's a fairly simple repair at least as long as the pairing chip isn't damaged, but if that was the issue, it's unfixable without CFW unfortunately.

*sigh* I got home late last night, and my allergies were killing me so I went straight to bed. I missed a day of playing :( I gotta make up for it tonight.

Yawnier

Banned
Anybody else here do the substory with the
computer not working and making moaning noises
? I just about died of laughter

Top Bottom