• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Acrylic7

Last night I had looked up this mornings schedule because I didn't pay my cable and I couldn't record. I just thought it was a typo so I didn't post it here.

Can you imagine how I felt when I woke up? Can you?

Dram

I still don't see how that would affect CN if it has already been established that AS is practically a separate network.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/09/news/newsmakers/cartoon_network/

The head of Cartoon Network resigned Friday after the network's guerilla marketing scheme for one of its shows went bad last week and led to a bomb scare in Boston - a fiasco that cost its parent company $2 million.

In a letter to employees, Jim Samples, the general manager and executive vice president of the network, wrote: "I deeply regret the negative publicity and expense caused to our company as a result of this campaign. As general manager of Cartoon Network, I feel compelled to step down, effective immediately, in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch."

The guy who replaced him, is the person who pushed the live action stuff on Cartoon Network.

Cwarrior

Several hiatus then back for two weeks then fucking this

rampage-vs-door.gif

No contractual obligation brah, time Warner owns all this shit. It's the fucks at CN that need to be fired for costing their company money.

Contracts and liscence agreements between subsidiaries of the same parent company happen all the time. From what I've read, CN is under contract with DC through 2013.

udivision

I was annoyed that Gravity Falls won't have a new ep until November.

And now this.

I don't get it what's going on.

This show was first shown on November 26, 2010. Two years later and we're not halfway through the second season yet.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Remember when CN wanted to fuck with Marvel so they finished out the SHS series at 7am every morning then sold the rights back to hasbo full of salt.

Someone over on Toonzone suggested the idea that maybe CN has approved the shows for another season and the shows were put on a premature hiatus to get new episodes done for a quick S2-3 transition like what they did with Season 1. That's the only way this could possibly end well.

Prax

Someone over on Toonzone suggested the idea that maybe CN has approved the shows for another season and the shows were put on a premature hiatus to get new episodes done for a quick S2-3 transition like what they did with Season 1. That's the only way this could possibly end well.
But it was awful (disorienting) when they did it with Season 1, and if they did it again, it would be awful redux. It's obvious it would've made the most sense to put a break BETWEEN seasons, not between episodes of a single season.. multiple times!

I think they just want to kill it off. How would that explain the rest of the DC Nation block being screwed in multiple ways and them pulling this stunt last minute?

At least I have some anime I can watch weekly, I guess.

That's about the only thing they can do for me to forgive them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's probably I reason I didn't watch How To Train Your Dragon in the theater. Dunno if I'll ever watch the show.

Don't let this fiasco ruin the view on the show. Granted that show will get so much flak.

With that said, this is terrible. Fucking CN! To think that the "continued in November" was horrible...

So instead of just airing on TV, they dumped the rest of the season on iTunes?

What kind of message does that say?

if next week an episode appears again then i may agree with your post but for now this could be another indication of how sudden it is since its still business as usual for itunes while we already heard whats really happening.

also i guess the main way for people to see it now will be the "other" route since the episode now has an avenue of release

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So instead of just airing on TV, they dumped the rest of the season on iTunes?

What kind of message does that say?
They only posted the episode that was scheduled to air yesterday. This clusterfuck was such a rush job nobody bothered to contact Apple to cancel the upload.

Hero

I was waiting and looking forward to watching the latest three episodes back to back. Fuck whoever is responsible for this.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think something has snapped. I just look at that CN tweet and I start laughing like I can't control it.

What's really messed up is the "have you heard??" part. The double question marks really make it, but really, where would we have heard it from?! Seriously. I want to know. Did they say anywhere else (other than Facebook) about when things would resume?

I thought it was a good episode, the
moment where m'gann finds out didn't have the impact I thought it would but it was a good scene. the revelation about the light's partner also lacked any real impact. maybe it's not because I don't read the comics? I had no idea who the reach were or why the light chose to align with them. I honestly thought the light's partner would be apokalypse. maybe that's who the sportsmaster is partnered with?

the ending was great though. the invasion subtitle is making a lot more sense now.

it's going to be a very hard wait for the rest of the episodes, hopefully this week wasn't a blip and they will be available on itunes.

Kreed

Watched the episode
I still would have preferred Artemis getting mind wiped but otherwise the wipe played out exactly like most thought it would, except I wasn't expecting Miss Martian to once again keep the mind wipe/info she gained a secret, thus endangering Aqualad and the mission. Also I was hoping there would be more ramifications other than Miss Martian being "out of it", preferably getting guilt tripped by Super Boy. There's still next episode though (in January/when ever the next episodes air or leak), and at least Artemis knows so she can inform the others in on the mission so they can take counter measures (doubt this wil happen though, everyone will probably just keep secrets, with Miss Martian just telling Super Boy).

Otherwise I thought the episode was good. They did a great job of showing how powerful Black Beetle was while giving Blue Beetle a chance to shine. And it was nice to have an early appearance by Static Shock even if he didn't do anything major in the episode (I was waiting for him to attempt to shock Black Beetle). I wonder if all the saved humans are DC hero characters or if they are just random "Meta Gene" people?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So are all the supposed season 2 episodes gonna be available in itunes or is it only this episode? :C

shira

Young Justice really has no business on a Saturday morning cartoon slot. It should be on Adult Swim.

Yeah they really need to decide is this for kids or actually for grown adults watching a kid's show. I'd rather have maturer storylines save the kiddies for teen titans

Top Bottom