• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just checked the iTunes page for it and was amused to see the Popularity rating for it at full bars, haha.

CN just doesn't get it.

I felt like I needed to give the money to them to show my support for these two properties and NOT CN. Hope other fans do he same and make this a top seller on iTunes.

You know what, you're right.

*To iTunes*

BY2K

Membero Americo
Where the hell is it?

It's not under Cartoon Network or under Warner Bros.

What am I supposed to be looking under?

funny isn't it? Aqualad will be a
triple agent, but not by choice. the entire ordeal will accumulate into a fuck up of epic proportions because a) the YJ team didn't go to the adults when the shit got too hot b) everyone and their grandmother kept important shit hidden from teammates c) everyone had something to prove.

Pride. that's what it all boils down to. everyone in the show has some sort of pride that eventually will bring them down. the villains and even the heroes.

sportsmaster's pride will lead him against his employer. Black Manta's pride in his son will bring him shame. the YJ's teams pride to prove themselves in front of the adults. Maybe Luthor was right....

Makonero

batman: space defense attorney? that would be a badass series.

batjection.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
The fuck is this bullshit?

I can find it on the iTunes website just fine, but it's nowhere to be seen on the actual program.

BY2K

Membero Americo
*NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA*

'cuse me while I go flip some freaking tables.

Jesus Christ, this is stupid, I CAN have Cartoon Network with my cable provider!

Here's how the plan is REALLY screwed:
Kaldur and Artemis are mighty screwed. If Manta brings in a Light psychoc to fix his son, the plan will be compromised and there will need to be an emergency extraction.

Effect

Loved the episode.
Absolutely called it on M'gann mindwiping Aqualad.

Still completely shitty of CN to do this, if episodes keep going online like this then the season will be done with before this episode even airs in January.

Damn :( I was afraid this was going to happen. This crap needs to be address and the proper actions need to bet taken.

MisterHero

Is there a chance that Aqualad was
faking the mindwipe
?

He wasn't really drooling like the other victims. Also, Atlanteans have some telepathic proficiency compared to humans (I forget if the invaders were also psychic).

Ducarmel

I don't blame M'gann, I blame Nightwing. It's his fault for leaving the 2 most powerful members of the team operate as unpredictable pawns in his 'covert scheme'.

Nightwing has reasons to not have full trust with M'gann and Superboy, remember they kept secrets from the team last season. M'gann does not have the thickest skin, and you still will never know if the Luther/light still have some control over Superboy. I bet it took a lot for him to even trust Artemis, probably only trust her because of Wally.

abundant

Haitus Timeline

Sadly, that Timeline isn't that bad when compared to shows like Avengers, Tron (Debuted with 7 episodes, then went on a three month break) or anything on Nick. That's just how animated shows are treated in today's world by Disney, CN, and Nick.

Sadly, that Timeline isn't that bad when compared to shows like Avengers, Tron (Debuted with 7 episodes, then went on a three month break) or anything on Nick. That's just how animated shows are treated in today's world by Disney, CN, and Nick.
Tron break was fine, with Disney you know what your getting and when it will come back. Having a show pulled twelve hours before it is supposed to air for at least the rest of the month is unprecedented.

MisterHero

Nightwing has reasons to not have full trust with M'gann and Superboy, remember they kept secrets from the team last season. M'gann does not have the thickest skin, and you still will never know if the Luther/light still have some control over Superboy. I bet it took a lot for him to even trust Artemis, probably only trust her because of Wally.
It doesn't matter if he trusts them anyways.
Even if she didn't hurt Kaldur, Ms. Martian nearly blew their cover on accident.

You might be right if Luthor has some sort of background control on Superboy, but they're probably going to try controlling Match now (if he isn't dead).

I'm just tired of Nightwing thinking his ideas are infallible. :p

abundant

Tron break was fine, with Disney you know what your getting and when it will come back. Having a show pulled twelve hours before it is supposed to air for at least the rest of the month is unprecedented.

WTH are you talking about how people knew when Tron would be back? Just look at the thread. People were shocked when it was pulled abruptly from the schedule, then they thought the break would be for a few weeks, then after the Olympics, then some time in October. If it wasn't for me posting in the thread, no one would've known that it's coming back this week.

Sorry to get OT. I'm just sick and tired of people thinking only CN is being run by morons, when in fact Disney and Nick are too. Even the HUB is treating it's only show not based off of a toy (Dan vs.) like shit.

Alright, any more guesses on what's gonna happen to AL?

Some stuff I have seen makes me think that either ...

MM had to take in AL's mind in order to save him at the last sec after mindraping him and finding out what he was doing. She either switched minds with him or she's holding his mind inside of her's. Either way that would explain why she was acting so strange after the mind raping by not holding up the mind link/ seeming unsure on what to do when facing a door/ not sure on what to do after she got her head through the door and so on.

OR MM simply mindraped AL so badly that his memories are now gone. BM, being the proud daddy he is, will try his best to help AL ... by either having someone go into his mind to fix it (jacking up the plan because they will know he's a double agent) or by simply trying his best to reteach AL (giving him a 2nd chance to be his daddy ... which will win over AL's trust and bring him over to BM's side which will also fuck up the plan).

OR It could be a combination of the 2. Where AL's mind and memories are inside MM AND his body's mind is being rehabbed by BM to be his son.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
He doesn't have to know, they were absolutely angry with Aqualad and he didn't estimate how they were going to react.

M'gann's mindwiping is foul, but she's not entirely responsible.

how is she not responsible? because she didnt know whos side he was on? how does that take responsibility from wiping the minds of people entirely out of her control?

thats fucked up also but why take the massive risk of those 2 being out of the loop? hell as said above he experienced a sample of the bullshit she could pull when Artemis "died" before.

he probably felt that an out of control psychic would fuck everything up. do something that out of the norm for a known traitor, or somehow be in a situation where they would be tortured for info. keeping them in the dark( like he did all the other members of yj) would potentially keep them from blowing aqualads cover and getting him killed. unfortunately he couldnt plan for mganns mind wiping abilities, because he didnt know about them.

WTH are you talking about how people knew when Tron would be back? Just look at the thread. People were shocked when it was pulled abruptly from the schedule, then they thought the break would be for a few weeks, then after the Olympics, then some time in October. If it wasn't for me posting in the thread, no one would've known that it's coming back this week.

Sorry to get OT. I'm just sick and tired of people thinking only CN is being run by morons, when in fact Disney and Nick are too. Even the HUB is treating it's only show not based off of a toy (Dan vs.) like shit.
I feel you brah, I'm just saying that this is unprecedented for them to pull a show off the air twelve hours before. A property they own. I can deal with Tron taking a long break after seven episodes. I can't live with two great properties being ruined over petty bullshit. I watch Disney all day and I have not seen an ad for tron or motorcity. SlugTerra's premiere is an after thought tot them. But Crash and Jewish kid is ding pushed to the moon.

Flash

the whole issue with m'gann and superboy is that he believes m'gann should not be mind raping people - good or bad. The league shouldn't take justice into their own hand by murdering / mind raping their enemies.

and m'gann not being herself was probably more related to her realizing she royally fucked up and how wreckless her mind raping everyone really is.

I can't blame nightwing for not telling superboy and m'gann... you want to keep a plan like this as tight as possible. And he probably doesn't completely trust them from the events of the first season... it makes sense that this plan would include only his closest friends who are directly involved.

Parallax

the whole issue with m'gann and superboy is that he believes m'gann should not be mind raping people - good or bad. The league shouldn't take justice into their own hand by murdering / mind raping their enemies.

and m'gann not being herself was probably more related to her realizing she royally fucked up and how wreckless her mind raping everyone really is.

I can't blame nightwing for not telling superboy and m'gann... you want to keep a plan like this as tight as possible. And he probably doesn't completely trust them from the events of the first season... it makes sense that this plan would include only his closest friends who are directly involved.

i agree with this.

MisterHero

how is she not responsible? because she didnt know whos side he was on? how does that take responsibility from wiping the minds of people entirely out of her control?
If she really did screw up, it's because Nightwing left her unchecked after Artemis went undercover. As a White Martian, she's potentially more dangerous than J'onn. She's not as powerful yet, but she has the inherent aggressive traits. He knew all of that for at least 5 years.

I'm just saying if she goes down for those things, it's Nightwing's fault for not trusting her.

abundant

I feel you brah, I'm just saying that this is unprecedented for them to pull a show off the air twelve hours before. A property they own. I can deal with Tron taking a long break after seven episodes. I can't live with two great properties being ruined over petty bullshit. I watch Disney all day and I have not seen an ad for tron or motorcity. SlugTerra's premiere is an after thought tot them. But Crash and Jewish kid is ding pushed to the moon.

This really isn't that unprecedented. Tron and MC went through the same BS. Tron was taping on peoples DVRs, but some other crap LA show was playing.

I'm just so frustrated by how poorly run these channels are. If the show doesn't get great ratings or great merchandise sells it's treated like shit.

This really isn't that unprecedented. Tron and MC went through the same BS. Tron was taping on peoples DVRs, but some other crap LA show was playing.

I'm just so frustrated by how poorly run these channels are. If the show doesn't get great ratings or great merchandise sells it's treated like shit.
The thing is it is so simple for these shows to make money and have toy deals. I really want to know these higher ups thought processes are and how much they make for costing their company money.

Parallax

If she really did screw up, it's because Nightwing left her unchecked after Artemis went undercover. As a White Martian, she's potentially more dangerous than J'onn. She's not as powerful yet, but she has the inherent aggressive traits. He knew all of that for at least 5 years.

I'm just saying if she goes down for those things, it's Nightwing's fault for not trusting her.

no, its her fault for him not being able to trust her. she wasnt upfront with her shit, so why should be be upfront, and then responsible for her actions when his plans go bad. not keeping her in the loop, he had his reasons, but sure. the mindwipe? thats all her.

MisterHero

I'm sure every character would conclude that Nightwing, who makes it his business to know everyone's business, has reasons to not be trusted either. The writing will never reflect that though. :p

Parallax

I'm sure every character would conclude that Nightwing, who makes it his business to know everyone's business, has reasons to not be trusted either. The writing will never reflect that though. :p

because what irresponsible actions has nightwing done so far that isnt aqualad related? knowing everyones secret identities? trying (and failing) to keep his hidden?

Top Bottom