• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Ponn

Banned
I was originally against the whole HUB idea when I first heard about it but i'm starting to think Hasbro had the right idea to try and protect their licenses from this kind of bullshit. I just can't feel safe getting into any of these super hero shows nowadays because no channel knows how to treat them and seemingly tries to kill them off before they even have a chance.

And what is with the hardcore trolling on CN's part with their twitter feed, I mean, damn.

Mononofu

I'm just not shocked at what goes on with time warner anymore. How many shows have been outright fucked without their ratings coming into play? this doesn't suprise me in the slightest. Meanwhile shit shows keep pushing on at regular intervals.

Yeah if it weren't for Clone wars and Regular show I'd be done with the whole network. What else is on besides Adventure time that draws in older viewers?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It figures I say "this is the best DC cartoon ever" last week and then this happens.

#YoungJusticeOnToonami

on hiatus untill next summer is what I heard. they just finally started airing season 2 at the end of this summer, put it at 1pm every weekday. now we are in mid season hell.

WTF next summer? W T F

W

T

F

Dragons is a good show, but why the fuck are you pushing it so hard when you don't own it and Dreamworks wants their own HUB like network? These guys are killing their own properties.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dragons is a good show, but why the fuck are you pushing it so hard when you don't own it and Dreamworks wants their own HUB like network? These guys are killing their own properties.

Yeah I don't get it. Especially cause they killed off anime and eventually Toonami because they didn't get any of the toy money for them. Now all of a sudden it's OK cause it's western shows, even though you still don't own them? Just wtf CN.

Yeah I don't get it. Especially cause they killed off anime and eventually Toonami because they didn't get any of the toy money for them. Now all of a sudden it's OK cause it's western shows, even though you still don't own them? Just wtf CN.

Yeah, I remember when Naruto was one of their biggest ratings getters (across the whole network), and they declined to pick up Shippuden to have more money to pay for Star Wars.

Flash

CN run by incompetent morons. This is the first animated show I've followed on a week to week basis and never again.

So many out of the blue hiatuses, and breaks that don't even make sense. Remember how season 2 started right after season 1?

I think I'm going to just call it quits and wait until the entire season/series is out and watch it simultaneously. Because their scheduling is seriously ruining the experience.

WillyFive

Dropping DC Nation all of a sudden is a big deal and very confusing, but I wouldn't start saying CN are morons yet; since they had DC Nation in the first place.

Also, their scheduling is worlds apart from the nonsense over at Nickelodeon.

abundant

CN run by incompetent morons. This is the first animated show I've followed on a week to week basis and never again.

So many out of the blue hiatuses, and breaks that don't even make sense. Remember how season 2 started right after season 1?

I think I'm going to just call it quits and wait until the entire season/series is out and watch it simultaneously. Because their scheduling is seriously ruining the experience.

Thankfully watching shows on Disney XD/Nick has prepared me for sporadic viewing schedules. Penguins, Tron, Avengers, Gravity Falls, and Motorcity have/had random ass schedules.

While this DC Nation nonsense is pretty bad, this is still true for the most part. Disney's scheduling is also worse than CN.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dropping DC Nation all of a sudden is a big deal and very confusing, but I wouldn't start saying CN are morons yet; since they had DC Nation in the first place.

They are currently morons. They weren't so when they decided to do DC Nation.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yeah if it weren't for Clone wars and Regular show I'd be done with the whole network. What else is on besides Adventure time that draws in older viewers?

other than regular show? nothing that i can think of that isnt on adult swim. bogging down the channel with repeats of johnny test cant be helping things either.

its amazing all the stupid strokes going on with both marvel and dc animation blocks right now. internal dumbassery at marvel, and i dont what the hell is going on at dc.

BY2K

Membero Americo

igpCcyxPMVaJM.gif

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

they are morons if they know they have something good in their hands and they keep mishandling its schedule like this. Its one thing to have something, its another to maintain it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I hope the DC Nation guys are raging mad right now, because it's looking like it's not their decision.

The producer of GL obviously knew nothing of it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait wait wait..... Its going on another Hiatus?!

It's not just Young Justice, the complete DC Nation block is put on hold. With no idea why, at the last minute without warning and the producers just as confused as the fans.

ffdgh

It's not just Young Justice, the complete DC Nation block is put on hold. With no idea why, at the last minute without warning and the producers just as confused as the fans.

.........Wat? So forgive my ignorance again but what exactly is CN doing?

Effect

Ugh. How is there no communication? Everyone involved here is owned by the same parent company. This just another reason why I believe a live action Justice League is never going happen. Time Warner and it's companies can't seem to work together well enough.

BY2K

Membero Americo
There's a petition going around with 500 Signatures already, for what it's worth. And people on Twitter are not happy about this one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
After such a long hiatus, we get two episodes and another hiatus. I was a bit more forgiving when the breaks had to do with them finishing the animation, but when they have episodes in the can and CN just delays them without notice...not cool.

GManDH

i know the graphics are good, but does this show follow the comic book story and show a lot of character development or is it just shiny and fun to watch???

Avixph

i know the graphics are good, but does this show follow the comic book story and show a lot of character development or is it just shiny and fun to watch???
It takes place in the earth 16 universe so they don't really have to follow the comics.

Mononofu

There's a petition going around with 500 Signatures already, for what it's worth. And people on Twitter are not happy about this one.

Excellent. I'm sure it won't change anything now but CN needs to understand their viewers might be a lot less supportive in the future if this continues to happen.

MisterHero

There's probably I reason I didn't watch How To Train Your Dragon in the theater. Dunno if I'll ever watch the show.

It does vaguely reference certain storylines from before the comic universe got rebooted, but you don't need to know them.

To be honest I enjoy the action but it could use more fun. At least I've got Ninja Turtles again. :p

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

its a lot more serious than its comic counterpart, but then again, its not at all like the comic anyway

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

BY2K

Membero Americo
From the wiki page:

Roughly 10 hours before it was supposed to air on the 13th of October, 2012, DC Nation and its programming (with Green Lantern the Animated Series, Young Justice, and the Amethyst Princess of Gemworld) set to air, it was abruptly pulled from network schedules. Neither DC nor Asshat Network has made any announcements of why it occurred, and DC Nation has summarily been pulled from the entire month of October. Attempts made to contact either entity have been met with silence. Not even the producers of the shows were told beforehand, with most learning later on from distraught fans, who were unable to become 'traught' and 'whelmed'.

Only later on the 13th was it finally announced that the cartoon block would be put on hold until January of 2013.

I chuckled.

Jintor

I love that the social media account tries to spin it as some kind of positive in all defiance of reality

HEY GUYS

MAN AREN'T YOU EXCITED THAT YOUR FAVOURITE BLOCK WHICH WAS EXPECTED TO BE AIRING TODAY WAS TAKEN TO A FARM UPSTATE AND SHOT?

GEE WILLICKERS

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If I had to guess, the only reason the block has not been killed is that there is still a contractual obligation to DC for it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
No contractual obligation brah, time Warner owns all this shit. It's the fucks at CN that need to be fired for costing their company money.

Well, something kept the suits from killing the block wholesale, the story behind this must be endlessly interesting.

EulaCapra

Oh my. Thought my DVR just effed up listing GL/YJ titles with episodes of Dragons. AND THEN I CAME HERE.

Guess I can delete tomorrow's DC nation repeats which I put on a 3-hour recording block.

TWO episodes. No prior notice. Another hiatus. Eat dick, Cartoon Network.

A.E Suggs

Yeah, I remember when Naruto was one of their biggest ratings getters (across the whole network), and they declined to pick up Shippuden to have more money to pay for Star Wars.

OK, I have no idea whats going on with CN. I thought naruto brought in a lot of viewers, I think yugioh did as well didn't it?

How good were the ratings for the CNReal bull they used to show?

was this decision by the same bumblefuck that cancelled toonami, samurai jack, symbiotic titan, and brought upon the whole cartoon network live dark ages?

Are all those actions done by the same person?

apparently not the same person, but the same two people.

and someone mentioned on 4chan that this type of thing "move a show's timeslot multiple times to disrupt the ratings" was a move often used by FOX to kill off a show that it is contractually obligated to show.

The show will suffer from ratings being negatively affected just enough that the network has a reason to negate the contract or kill it off early. that way they don't get sued and can say "the show had low ratings, we had no choice but to cancel. its in the contract".

Top Bottom