• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Anybody recognise any of the other civvies besides Apache Chief/Longshadow (Jaime's bro), Vergil, and Steph?

The ethnicities and clothing colors suggest they're all members of or stand ins for the "International Super Friends"

2374999-removedred.jpg

Ty is Apache Chief

The next one is either a female version of Samurai or, as some have speculated, Traci Thirteen

After that is El Dorado. Preview clips have shown him teleporting, the most consistent of ED's "make it up as we go" powers.

Finally, Static is the stand in for Black Vulcan

They are not.

And more importantly, it makes more story sense to have Aqualad become a Manta in truth.

I just hope we do not have to live with a truly evil aqualad for too long.

The effects of this episode are going to reverberate for quite some time.

Aqualad already uses a form of aquakinesis via sorcery, so that probably protected him some. He looked lost/forgotten, not catatonic.

Really interested to see what happens now.

That he is. I kind of cringed when he was repeatedly slamming Cassie against the wall like that.

I enjoy a good thrashing, and it was warranted--11 times into a door for a younger WW.

For an ass-kicking, see Mongul vs Wonder Woman & Batman.

*Wonder Woman thrown through a wall, lands in Superman's armory, grabs weapon*
*Mongul walks in, sees Diana + weapon, holds hands up in mock surrender*

"Is that a neural impacter? I didn't know they were still making those."
*Ass-whipping continues*

TreIII

Ill take young justice over thundercats on toonami. They can move something around to fit GL as well.

I'd agree with this. Didn't JL/JLU do quite well for itself on the Toonami block back in the day?

Besides, no offense to T-Cats, but even if they were trying to use Toonami as a means to resurrect the show? What I recall reading in the OT for the show seemed to point to the notion that it would still take upwards of 2 years for the show to get renewed. I'd rather such efforts go to a show that may still have a chance of continuing to live right now, rather than being used as a glorified "test" for a cancelled one.

I'd agree with this. Didn't JL/JLU do quite well for itself on the Toonami block back in the day?

Besides, no offense to T-Cats, but even if they were trying to use Toonami as a means to resurrect the show? What I recall reading in the OT for the show seemed to point to the notion that it would still take upwards of 2 years for the show to get renewed. I'd rather such efforts go to a show that may still have a chance of continuing to live right now, rather than being used as a glorified "test" for a cancelled one.

after what they did to
Pumrya in the end
fuck that show.

Fantastic episode. Great that they're finally
revealing that the Reach are behind it all. It was pretty obvious if you've read those initial arcs of Jaime's Blue Beetle but it's just nice to see.

Black Beetle tearing the kid's a new one was just awesome to watch. He's way cooler looking than comics Black Beetle, probably cause he's just a black armored buffer looking Jaime instead of...whatever he was in the comics. Wonder what they're going to with his identity cause that was never really revealed. Jaime kicked a lot of ass too.

Ms. Martian finally screws up, can't wait to see the fallout from that. Kon is pretty pissed.

So according to some IGN comments, some are thinking the show was pulled because DC lost the rights to milestone media characters (Static, Icon, Rocket etc.) ovcr the weekend.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/new-young-jusice-green-lantern-episodes-abruptly-pushed-to-2013

I don't know anything about milestone media and their deal with DC. Anyone able to shed some light about the topic?

Also, same link had a trailer for the 2nd half of the season (spoilers for some other heroes in action)

SPOILERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TxkrsLinIA0
SPOILERS

Tizoc

So guys what if Aqualad
EXPECTED Megann to read his mind/mindrape him?
Fantastic episode and I feel sorta stupid for
not expecting the Reach to be their partner, it all makes sense now agh XD

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So according to some IGN comments, some are thinking the show was pulled because DC lost the rights to milestone media characters (Static, Icon, Rocket etc.) ovcr the weekend.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/new-young-jusice-green-lantern-episodes-abruptly-pushed-to-2013

I don't know anything about milestone media and their deal with DC. Anyone able to shed some light about the topic?

Also, same link had a trailer for the 2nd half of the season (spoilers for some other heroes in action)

SPOILERS
SPOILERS

i didnt know they could lose the rights to the milestone characters. and if so, who the hell wasnt on top of that shit?

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
That could explain why Young Justice was pulled but why Green Lantern? And the producers and stuff were surprised about it to, certainly they would be in the know about the legal issues of characters.

Although its a crappy reason I'm hoping its because of the anniversary stuff CN is trying to pull off.

Kreed

SPOILERS
SPOILERS

This doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere (Milestone). The closest I can find is an article that quotes Scott Lobdell as saying that there would be legal issues with using Static in the Teen Titans. But of course the headline of the article says they could have lost the rights, so I'm assuming most people just read the headline and ran with it:

http://carl-carlscomics.blogspot.com/2012/10/dc-loses-rights-to-milestone-characters.html

Jintor

It's an attractive rumour though because most people don't know shit about character rights

Personally I think the more likely explanation is that CN are a bunch of idiots who couldn't find their own arsehole with both hands.

It's an attractive rumour though because most people don't know shit about character rights

Personally I think the more likely explanation is that CN are a bunch of idiots who couldn't find their own arsehole with both hands.

Yea personally I hope its just CN being idiots and not something that could potentially damage the show if they had to write out characters...

This doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere (Milestone). The closest I can find is an article that quotes Scott Lobdell as saying that there would be legal issues with using Static in the Teen Titans. But of course the headline of the article says they could have lost the rights, so I'm assuming most people just read the headline and ran with it:

http://carl-carlscomics.blogspot.com/2012/10/dc-loses-rights-to-milestone-characters.html

Yeah I was just checking that out and in this article and this article.

He says he was just speculating and that someone spoke to the people are Milestone and they said that the legal issues are about the comics and not the animation.

People were upset and they saw that story and ran with it.

I already refuted that bullshit Milestone rumor. Johns and Lee are both meeting about the Milestone brahs. This rumor is almost as dumb as the one where they pulled the show because the blonde girl may be Steph and Didio threw a fit.

Slayven

I think Static Shock is a pretty cool guy. Eh flies on a trashcan and doesn't afraid of anything.

He whopped Superboy's ass at Superboy's cooless. And he joined a superteam where women outnumbered the dudes. True 2 of them was lesbian couple, but it is the thought that count.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The last show CN burned off was Generator Rex.

* Mystery Inc

One year wait between seasons, three month delay from when s2 was supposed to premiere, and when it finally comes back... it's every weekday at 1pm. Fastest burnoff of episodes I've ever seen.

After YJ and MI finish up I am done with CN outside Toonami.

* Mystery Inc

One year wait between seasons, three month delay from when s2 was supposed to premiere, and when it finally comes back... it's every weekday at 1pm. Fastest burnoff of episodes I've ever seen.

After YJ and MI finish up I am done with CN outside Toonami.

at this point it wouldn't surprise me if we get around to next summer and a week before the end of MI is supposed to air they announce
they didn't feel like doing the rest.

It was canceled but they already had the series wrapped up and in the can. They just yanked it and you could only get the finale eps from itunes and amazon.

I guess that explains the ending since it looked like they could have done another season but instead ended it on that note.

Cwarrior

Young justice s02e10 "the dawn"

how the do you hang around batman and not have a contingency plan for this? you have a powerful psychic on the team no point keeping secrets from them, there going to find out, they should be at the top of people to bring in on the plan list.

Hope aqualad is full on villian now

blackbeetle
laugh scene made me chuckle, dude beat them like they ran on a video game physics engine, really cool villain.

Parallax

What happened to Generator Rex? I thought it was doing well ratings wise?

They never aired the final episodes. And it doesn't seem like they plan on doing so. They just pulled it, the same way they did young justice.

Jintor

DCAU has elements of comedy to it. Flash, that time the entire Justice League became kids (although that still had some really dark bits with Bruce), etc

Parallax

I mean when it comes to catching the attention of kids.

Dude, the dcau did exactly that. How many kids were glued to batman the animated series, gotham knights, or superman? Dc has become retarded as of late, but they weren't always.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Goddamn will people stop saying Static Shock.

Fighting criminals, chasing the bad guys,
Saving world, fly through skies,
Half kid, half amazin',
Ok, Static Shock, who you facin',
Yeah, one zip, then you zapped,
Good against evil, get trapped,
In my eyes, I got the power,
Villains run from the static shower

Superhero static shock, (woo woo)
Superhero static shock. (woo woo)

Criminals, get twisted,
He's superhero gifted,