• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

brickface said:
Err, he makes evil flash kill himself. The guy's amazing!

I'd forgotten about that. That said, that was a Batdickery move, he tricks Evil Flash (Quazar Kid was it?) into killing himself instead of just stating the risks like normal DCAU Batman. And at that point they weren't really fighting each other, they were trying to stop Owlman.

tim1138

Holy crap, Klarion the Witchboy?! Not sure why they didn't bring in Zatanna as well, but I'll take the Klarion appearance.

Veelk

Banned
According to Weisman, Episodes 3-8 are focused on a particular Young Justice member — Happy Harbor was Miss M, Drop Zone was Robin, Schooled was Superboy, Infiltrator was Artemis, Denial was Kid Flash, and Downtime will likely be focusing on Aqualad (by process of elimination).

Taken from TVtropes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... so Megann is an actual green Martian instead of a White Martian (they're weak to sunlight right?)

Ookami-kun said:
Hmm... so Megann is an actual green Martian instead of a White Martian (they're weak to sunlight right?)
I think she's white. They share the same weakness as the green Martians.

Anyone else disturbed by the fact that the helmet of fate is a trophy?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Anslon said:
Anyone else disturbed by the fact that the helmet of fate is a trophy?

I think that was more of an excuse Wally gave Artemis than Wally's intention. He just has to find a suitable host (I thought he was going to put it back on Kent's body, although I wasn't sure if that could be done since Kent was technically dead).

kame-sennin said:
There was a lot of irritating "just have faith" and "scientists are the real close minded ones" bullshit in this episode.
Yeah, I thought this one was very much the most boring episode so far. :/

Slayven

Did not care for the ep, except for the shipping. But only because I am a romantic. They missed a prime chance for superspeed spell slinging.

I enjoyed the hell of this episode--somehow I decided halfway through that this is officially a good show. I don't know how those mental parameters worked out, but they did.

I can certainly understand the criticisms about heavy handedness, but it is a cartoon at the end of the day, so I can accept some broad strokes. I personally loved Wally's allegiance to science. See, in the 1940s the popular heroes--like Dr. Fate's Justice Society, the Spectre, the original Green Lantern--were mostly magical characters. Then the '60s came along & comic characters became more based on science & science fiction. The Flash was the herald of that movement--working that into Wally's characterization is pretty brilliant.

And I fucking love Dr. Fate. Let's get real nerdy for a second here; the final voice we heard last episode was Oded Fehr, who voiced Dr. Fate in the Justice League cartoon, & the first image we saw in this episode was Dr. Fate's helmet. Neat.

Charlatanized said:
I enjoyed the hell of this episode--somehow I decided halfway through that this is officially a good show. I don't know how those mental parameters worked out, but they did.

I can certainly understand the criticisms about heavy handedness, but it is a cartoon at the end of the day, so I can accept some broad strokes. I personally loved Wally's allegiance to science. See, in the 1940s the popular heroes--like Dr. Fate's Justice Society, the Spectre, the original Green Lantern--were mostly magical characters. Then the '60s came along & comic characters became more based on science & science fiction. The Flash was the herald of that movement--working that into Wally's characterization is pretty brilliant.

And I fucking love Dr. Fate. Let's get real nerdy for a second here; the final voice we heard last episode was Oded Fehr, who voiced Dr. Fate in the Justice League cartoon, & the first image we saw in this episode was Dr. Fate's helmet. Neat.

You are writing straight out of my head. This ep showed a remarkable knowledge and feel for the material.

This show will go down as the equal, perhaps better, of the most amazing JLU. Thye just get it. And this episode was the turning point, which showed a better handle on the DCU than the best of JLU.

Veelk

Banned
What really gets me is that I never consider magic to be 'magic'. Science is simply learning about the universe. How it works. A scientist, if he saw something like spirits, he's try to analyze them, categorize them, see what they're made of, etc. To write it off like that is one thing a scientist would never do.

Generic said:
What really gets me is that I never consider magic to be 'magic'. Science is simply learning about the universe. How it works. A scientist, if he saw something like spirits, he's try to analyze them, categorize them, see what they're made of, etc. To write it off like that is one thing a scientist would never do.
I was going to say this.

Generic said:
Wally didn't.

He formed his own theories on what happened at the end. He just gained a respect for science much more advanced than he could really understand.

Subitai

Finally caught it and decided to watch it again for reasons I can't identify atm. I too would like to see Wondergirl make an appearance.

Ookami-kun said:
Is it me or is Kon getting less dialog?

This ep wasn't really his spotlight.

Check out the first issue of Young Justice for a fun Conner/Megan story.

17013_400x600.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Subitai said:
Finally caught it and decided to watch it again for reasons I can't identify atm. I too would like to see Wondergirl make an appearance.

good luck. for some reason wonder girl hasnt being allowed to be used. at least not for teen titans or justice league

ZoddGutts

Parallax said:
good luck. for some reason wonder girl hasnt being allowed to be used. at least not for teen titans or justice league

The legal issues have been resolved but by then they were already far ahead in production of the series. So she won't appearing anytime soon, maybe towards the end of the season or the 2nd season:

From Greg Weisman blog

Demonskrye writes...
I just saw the teaser for "Young Justice" and I'm very excited. I don't know most of these characters well or at all, but the premise sounds great and I can't wait to see what you do with it.
In the comments for the teaser video on YouTube, I noticed that someone had said that there was a legal issue that prevented you from using Wonder Girl. Is that true or is it just one of those odd rumors like your supposed hatred of Carnage? I don't really mind her absence since I don't know the character well; I'm just curious.

Greg responds...
There is NO LONGER a legal issue about Wonder Girl. But there was when we originally developed the series.

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=12352

Note that they'll be two more members joining the Young Justice team. One mid season and one towards the end of the season. She may end up being the final member joining this season.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That last episode, what was with the obvious Spider-man ripoff? I mean they barely even tried with that one. Also Megan needs to stop saying "Hello, Megan!"

Shiggie

Plywood said:
That last episode, what was with the obvious Spider-man ripoff? I mean they barely even tried with that one.
Plywood
Read a book mothafuckah.
(Yesterday, 05:34 AM)
Reply | Quote

yencid

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/latest.php

Young Justice Stats - Part II
I typed ALL this up yesterday, posted it — and it vanished into the ether.
Anyway…

We’ve completed the scripting and recording of all 26 episodes of Season One of Young Justice.

Episodes 1-7 have aired.

Episodes 8-9 are in post-production.

Episodes 10-13 are being animated in Korea.

Episodes 14-15 are having their models colored.

Episodes 16-18 are getting final models on characters, props and BGs finished.

Episode 19 is in checking.

Episode 20 is in timing.

Episode 21 is in storyboard revision.

Episodes 22-24 are awaiting storyboard notes and revisions from their directors and/or the producers.

Episodes 25-26 are in storyboard.

In Season One, we have 179 named characters from the DC Universe. That’s an average of 6.9 characters introduced per episode, though of course some introduce more and some less.

We used 66 actors total. That’s 2.7 characters per actor, though that’s a particularly meaningless number, as some characters don’t speak or only grunt. Also many actors only performed a single role, while others performed considerably more than 2.7. The record holder (with 11 roles under his belt) is Kevin Michael Richardson with 11, beating out Jeff Glenn Bennett by one.

The average number of actors used per episode is 12. The episodes that required the fewest actors were 3, 9, 12 and 24 that needed 9 actors each. The episode that required the most actors was 25, which needed 19 actors.

Our shortest scripts — at 31 pages each — were from episodes 1 and 12. Our longest scripts — at 35 pages each — were from episodes 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 22 and 25. The average page count across the 26 episodes was 34 pages.

The average line count was 231 lines of dialogue per script. The largest line count was 276 for episode 25; the smallest was 213 for episode 8.

Our longest dialogue track was 14:33 for episode 7. Our shortest was 10:07 for episode 12. The average length of our dialogue tracks is 12:14.

Of course, by the time you see them, all episodes will be the exact same length, give or take 30 seconds, including our 20 second main title — which is a length dictated by the network. (I guess the days of minute-long theme songs are over.)
That’s it for now…
… Sweet.

In Season One, we have 179 named characters from the DC Universe. That’s an average of 6.9 characters introduced per episode, though of course some introduce more and some less.

That's a lot of characters.

Top Bottom