• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

NEO0MJ

I'm kinda disappointed that that's his only attack. Doesn't he have harpoons and shit?

Yeah, he's supposed to also be pretty good at close range fights. But I guess he though Sportmaster would have the upper hand if he got too close to him. But damn is Black Manta best dad in this show, he showed more affection and care for his son than any other character, including the guys at the JL.
I can't believe this show made a guy whose name is Sportmaster and who fights using sport themed weapons so threatening and badass.

MartyStu

Yeah, he's supposed to also be pretty good at close range fights. But I guess he though Sportmaster would have the upper hand if he got too close to him. But damn is Black Manta best dad in this show, he showed more affection and care for his son than any other character, including the guys at the JL.
I can't believe this show made a guy whose name is Sportmaster and who fights using sport themed weapons so threatening and badass.

As has been said many time before, the Sportsmasters/Blackmantas have been among the shows biggest triumphs this season.

The Arrows have been decent as well, but not enough screen time.

vazel

Banned
Watching the second season of YJ a second time feels so rewarding. There are things that I understand now that just flew over my head the first time. It's a shame we probably won't get another cartoon this heavily based on story arcs for a long time.

Flash

Maybe old but found this video interesting as to why Young Justice got cancelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9pGwbKOb0Y

she claims the show isn't popular, but it still is doing great rating-rise. And this is despite the on-again/off-again schedule.

Also, the alternate universe thing shouldn't really be a problem because this show (and pretty much every DC animated show) should be considered standalone, otherwise it just gets a little too messy.

At the end of her rant she mentions low quality output of DC animated movies, and has the DVD covers of Under The Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns... uh... wut?

she claims the show isn't popular, but it still is doing great rating-rise. And this is despite the on-again/off-again schedule.

Also, the alternate universe thing shouldn't really be a problem because this show (and pretty much every DC animated show) should be considered standalone, otherwise it just gets a little too messy.

At the end of her rant she mentions low quality output of DC animated movies, and has the DVD covers of Under The Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns... uh... wut?

low quality and DC animated movies shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Hiltz

According to Wikipedia, the Justice League animated tv series couldn't use Black Manta's name due to copy right issues, so they went with Devil Ray instead.

ReiGun

Maybe old but found this video interesting as to why Young Justice got cancelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9pGwbKOb0Y
1. DC's television shows have been all over the place has far as universe ever since the og DCAU ended. The Batman doesn't take place in the same universe as Brave and the Bold, which aren't the same as Smallville, which isn't the same as Teen Titans, etc. Also, I do believe that Young Justice is supposed to be set in the same universe as DC's movies. Either way, it's a moot point that reminds me how much I hate it when comic fans over estimate how important canon is.

2. Agreed on the expanded cast being a mistake. It was too much too quickly. That said, bullshit on BB not being popular enough to carry the show. What does his popularity have to do with anything? If the writing had put more of a spotlight on him up front and developed his character, he would have been more than able to carry the show.

3. I would argue that DC Animation isn't as good, but not because of a lack of quality or whatever. Personally, I think Beware the Batman and TT Go are getting too much flack before they've even premiered, but they are symptomatic of a larger problem with DC Animation and DC Comics as a whole: the over reliance on past success. We've had Batman shows for years. We already had Teen Titans. The only movies we get star Batman and Superman. This strategy may be fine for all the "The only good DC is Batman!" people, but for someone who appreciates the DC Universe as a whole, it's frustrating, and I think it's going to bite WB/DC in the ass before long.

The worst part of losing GL and YJ is that we're losing them to get something we have already seen. How about a full 30 min Super BFF's or Amethyst? A (long overdue) Wonder Woman, Aquaman, or Flash animated series? At the very least, if we must read old ground, a new Superman show to tie into Man of Steel? Just something more exciting that actually feels new.

Yeah, that was weird. Wonder Woman is not better than Under the Red Hood or TDKR.

Meh, I don't know. I could see someone liking WW over UtRH. They're both high quality flicks. Haven't seen TDKR.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'd say WW is better than TDKR and is on part with UtRH.

Oh yeah, wouldn't those fragments Nightwing saw in Robin's Batarang be active still?

This especially. What DC animated show/movie that isn't a product of the Dini/Timm era DOESN'T take place in it's own universe? What a weird complaint.

WW was pretty boring and hollow, tbh.
Kind of agree. It wasn't the worst of the DC animated movies but I didn't think it was anything special and I'm not sure what people see in it other than finally giving WW the spotlight in a respectful manner.

Cant wait!
tumblr_mibphd0ArO1rfkkojo1_500.gif

Dick Grayson about go the fuck off. Hit the music.
This was amazing. Nightwings about to go commando, hes been in the dark for to long.

Manta being a super criminal and all, I wonder how he finances his submarine, pays his crew, and provides coffee.

Doesn't seem like a robbing banks kind of organization.
In 52 he steals gold from sunken ships and stuff.

Yeah, this is the face of a man with a plan.

I love Nightwing. By far my favorite character in any comic universe. I may or may not have cat named Grayson.... This show does him really well too. So sad to see it getting canned.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nightwing and Miss Martian alone are enough to streamroll everything. Next ep is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

It's nice to see good guys plotting and pulling awesome shit off, usually they're hapless dumbasses caught in some overly complex yet still dumb evil plot in stuff like this. Weisman is fricking amazing, damn.

tumblr_mibphd0ArO1rfkkojo1_500.gif

Dick Grayson about go the fuck off. Hit the music.

This is right up there with Tim just looking at the Jason hologram in terms of AWESOME moments for me.

This is DAMN good television, cartoon or otherwise.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
This is right up there with Tim just looking at the Jason hologram in terms of AWESOME moments for me.

This is DAMN good television, cartoon or otherwise.

Seriously. I'm really going to miss this. A whole season went by before I caught wind of how much awesome was going on.

Cartoon Network themselves are to blame. Wouldn't it be cool if this could come back Futurama-style? But there really is no alternative outlet...

Top Bottom