• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Penguin

Oh man the idea of a second team being ran by Arsenal or whoever.. is interesting

But since the show is gonna end, just sad now. :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, that was some downright hackish writing in order to separate Arsenal from The Team. Right, so he is fired for not being a team player yet they retain Miss Martian, Superboy and Dick himself?

Slayven

Okay, that was some downright hackish writing in order to separate Arsenal from The Team. Right, so he is fired for not being a team player yet they retain Miss Martion Superboy and Dick himself?
Too be fair neither almost killed the whole team just to cover their escape. The Outsiders been a team for 5 minutes and already 12x smarter than YJ.

So is the Light actually working for Darkseid? Or is the Warworld the end goal for their years of machinations? Lex's double cross was amazing, when I saw the bolos coming through the portal I was all "how did Dick get a boom tube?" and then Deathstroke strolls in like a boss (or a Bishop).

Gartooth

Man at G Gordon exposing the Reach, also what the hell at booting Arsenal off the team, stupid decision. Nightwing complains that he put the team at risk, but so did practically every member of the team at one point. (Miss Martian, Superboy, Blue Beetle, and Nightwing himself)

Khezu

Ok arsenal and his minoriteam are all right.

Probably show up in the last episode to save the day.

All the "active" good guys are still terrible though. Hard to root for them.

Lex is the only one doing things right.

#TeamLuthor is the way. Join me brothers and sisters.

I love how both the Justice League and the Reach now look like complete criminals in the eyes of the public. Shit's about to go down. Arsenal is going to be the first one to figure it out, and Lex will just deactivate his arm like he shut down Superboy (password: dead kitty).

MartyStu

The issue with Arsenal is his entire attitude. I actually agree with Dick's decision.

Wrong time and place though. And his tone...

abundant

So is the Light actually working for Darkseid? Or is the Warworld the end goal for their years of machinations? Lex's double cross was amazing, when I saw the bolos coming through the portal I was all "how did Dick get a boom tube?" and then Deathstroke strolls in like a boss (or a Bishop).

The Light are working for the Light. They are manipulating everyone to achieve their own goals. What that is, no one knows yet.

ReiGun

So are Supes and the crew about to do a bid or what? Damn shame Icon hasn't been able to get them off.

Dick can miss me with that "You endangered the team" bullshit. His decisions have put everyone at risk multiple times. He and Megan even had a whole argument about it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Can we make Aqualad the leader again?

So are Supes and the crew about to do a bid or what? Damn shame Icon hasn't been able to get them off.
I'm mad nobody picked up on the fact that Bruce Wayne can just write a check.

There's a difference between a risky deep cover mission, and saying "fuck ya'll, I'm blowing out the airlock because I'd rather be dead than captured". Even when MM, Artemis, and Superboy went solo/off-mission, they never intentionally hurt their teammates.

The Light are working for the Light. They are manipulating everyone to achieve their own goals. What that is, no one knows yet.

The GGG angle is what makes me think Darkseid is involved. The interview was a setup.

Mononofu

It's kind of funny that it looks a lot more like a serious version of Batman: Brave and the Bold than anything from The Timm Universe. The design of Kid Flash and Aqua Man especially.

Lex is the only one doing things right.

#TeamLuthor is the way. Join me brothers and sisters.

Yes! The old cue ball is going to sit back and calmly screw everyone else over.

It was right for Dick to kick Arsenal off the team. Dick also gave Arsenal an invitation to return when he got himself under control.

Slayven

The fact that Aqualad is willing to follow Dick's orders makes me question his judgement.

It's sad I can't even think of who should be leader instead...Bumblebee, I guess?
Funny that the Aqualad part of the plan is the only part that went swimmingly.

Aqualad as a double agent hasn't payed any dividends yet. He still doesn't know anything. Not even a "Hey guys, Deathstroke took off all of a sudden in a boom tube."

Slayven

Aqualad as a double agent hasn't payed any dividends yet. He still doesn't know anything. Not even a "Hey guys, Deathstroke took off all of a sudden in a boom tube."
On the flipside he hasn't gotten the headquarters destroyed, caused a team member to be brainwashed, got the earth sucking alien conquerer dick, etc.

ReiGun

I blame the Justice League. They were supposed to be preparing these kids. Instead, they spent their time running off to fight monsters, leaving the kids to flail around helplessly trying to fix things.

And while I'm at it, Captain Atom is hilariously ineffectual.

I blame the Justice League. They were supposed to be preparing these kids. Instead, they spent their time running off to fight monsters, leaving the kids to flail around helplessly trying to fix things.

And while I'm at it, Captain Atom is hilariously ineffectual.
Atom could take out B. beetle and the reach with ease. Also could of taken out mongul as well. Same goes for fate and captain M.

But the show is called young justice not justice league

Akainu

It sucks my cable kept going out when the episode was getting good. If it's not the internet it's always something else. Comcast sucks.

MisterHero

lol I think I complained so hard that Nightwing had a moment of enlightenment. He realized how stupid his undercover plan was, but then he became stupid again.

G. Gordon suddenly became a more compelling parody of O'Reilly. Upsetting the Reach in the guise of appearing unbiased.

It was nice to see Plastic Man for 3 seconds.

Nightwing is right. He's too much a loose cannon right now. He already got a couple chances.

I'm glad someone pointed out the reach had all those ships and lied. I appreciate they had Gordon stay pretty true to his bit for both sides.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The issue with Arsenal is his entire attitude. I actually agree with Dick's decision.

Wrong time and place though. And his tone...

Yep I was watching that and thinking it would be more important to leave and fully debrief the team instead of getting self righteous but YJ Nightwing is a really self righteous dick so it was in tune with his character.

Also I honestly think half the issues this team has this season is because aqualad had all the leadership qualities but he is off being a spy. They basically said so in season 1 too.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dam it dick. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. Martian and kon still have secrets, you yourself admitted that you put peoples lives in danger and this is what you do? Jesus Christ. On the bright side, for as short a time as we got with them, arsenal and the outlaws are a thing, and it was awesome.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't know, guys. Having dangerous secrets is a little different from actively sabotaging the rest of your team so you can escape in the middle of a combat situation.

And this isn't the first time Arsenal fucked up, either. Remember the dumbass setting off explosions in the middle of a stealth mission?

Arsenal has not been on a single mission that he hasn't blown for personal reasons.

His first mission, he intentionally blew cover to piss off Luthor, forcing the team into a confrontation with Black Beetle that they wouldn't have survived without Green Beetle's intervention.

After that, his only other mission was the Warworld fight, where he blew the airlock on the team and watched as Blue Beetle took them all down to cover his escape.

That's cool when you're a solo act, but not on a team.

With the others, its poor judgement calls. With Arsenal, it was complete, consistent disregard for the team.

Although, they should kick off Lagoon Boy for getting rid of the ship's rebreathers so that Superboy couldn't provide backup in the mission that got him captured by Aqualad.

Lagoon Boy is a good member of the team, it's not his fault everyone plays him for sucker. This show is getting so good, how many episodes are left?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Arsenal has not been on a single mission that he hasn't blown for personal reasons.

His first mission, he intentionally blew cover to piss off Luthor, forcing the team into a confrontation with Black Beetle that they wouldn't have survived without Green Beetle's intervention.

After that, his only other mission was the Warworld fight, where he blew the airlock on the team and watched as Blue Beetle took them all down to cover his escape.

That's cool when you're a solo act, but not on a team.

With the others, its poor judgement calls. With Arsenal, it was complete, consistent disregard for the team.

Although, they should kick off Lagoon Boy for getting rid of the ship's rebreathers so that Superboy couldn't provide backup in the mission that got him captured by Aqualad.

The original six aren't immune to those actions. Remember when their constant bitching and infighting on what kaldur withheld from the team almost got them fucked up? Roy should have never been made a member without clearing him from the obvious trauma he's been under, but I'm sure no one thought about that. I mean he's Bruce's apprentice, and he didn't think once that Roy would have quite a bit of trauma for the stuff he's been through?

Brickhunt

Nightwing made the right call, just not at the right moment. Arsenal is not really fit to work in a team.

He is pretty effective fighter, but is willing to put the life of his teammates in danger. I think he is better working solo than in a team.

That said, joining the Runaways is probably the best outcome for everyone, he is more likely to identify himself and care for them than "the team". He provides the group experience in fighting bad guys, they get him character development.

Bonus points for two hero groups dealing with both the Reach and the Light.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still, Arsenal was able to evade constant pursuit, on an alien-made planet for an unknown amount of time,on his own, and survive.

As well as have the brilliant improv to combat Black Beetle's power, with something even more dangerous in Mongul. Combo's as a distraction while they release the team (who didn't look up to fighting when they got out), and to attempt to take the warworld key (outsmarted by Luthor, though)

Hiltz

Nightwing: I'm such a dick.

It didn't make sense to put Arsenal on the team when Nightwing knew he was a hot-head, especially when it was the Reach who had experimented on him. That doesn't make sense for a stealth infiltration mission. Secondly, why would you put someone on your team who is using technology given to him by an evil mastermind? Lex had already planned to give him the robotic arm eventually, but for what purpose ?

I'm thinking either next week or the following week, they finish off the Reach. The finale is going to be about kicking the Light off of WarWorld and having the Green Lantern Corp tow it away.

Top Bottom