• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Knowing that this is probably the end of the show (probably 95-99% sure), all I hope happens by the end, is the Justice League comes back from that trial, and the Reach kicked off the planet.

I don't have alot of hope of ever finding out the end goal of The Light. Just consider them the Legion of Doom, the anti-justice league. Something that doesn't have a set end plan, it just "exists."

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Still, Arsenal was able to evade constant pursuit, on an alien-made planet for an unknown amount of time,on his own, and survive.

As well as have the brilliant improv to combat Black Beetle's power, with something even more dangerous in Mongul. Combo's as a distraction while they release the team (who didn't look up to fighting when they got out), and to attempt to take the warworld key (outsmarted by Luthor, though)

Nobody's doubting his skills. The fact remains that he has been on two missions and has fucked them up intentionally both times for his own purposes.

Effect

Arsenal never should have been cleared for missions in the first place. He was kidnapped and then found out he had been cloned. He rightfully has a ton of issues to work through. That they are letting him keep that arm as well without a fight is insane too. They know it cam from Luthor. The smart thing would have been to take it and give him another one they created. If they were going to okay him for missions then put him with more experienced members so they can be watched and has some leadership as he's never been apart of a team before. Not send him out with a bunch young members. I know the plot has to go in a certain direction but that whole thing makes the remaining Justice League come off really stupid.

He should be with Green Arrow sidekick/partner, making up for loss time, and in therapy. By force if need be. Not going on covert ops. Hell he should be with Red Arrow too.

Ugh. Batman wouldn't stand for this nonsense if he was on Earth.

ReiGun

Atom could take out B. beetle and the reach with ease. Also could of taken out mongul as well. Same goes for fate and captain M.

But the show is called young justice not justice league

I'm not talking about power. I'm talking about as a leader.

Hell, Dick is practically leading both teams. Atom just shows up to try and handle PR...and fail.

Amazing episode. Gordon confronting the ambassador was great moment. So the group is called the Outsiders. I like them more than YJ. They seem very interesting. Lex has been great in this show.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I have a feeling everyone from the Light already knows about it save for Black Manta. Hell, The Light probably are secretly against each other.

As much as I love Lex in this show i prefer him in the 90's JLU

His ambitions/genius there was so much more president. Also he was so much more hands on and ruthless.

The Light probably are secretly against each other.

If there wasn't only 3 episodes left a fight between Luthor and Savage would have happened.

There are only three episodes left? I find it hard to believe that we'll get satisfying ending to the current arcs.

Such a shame too, the same happened with The Avengers and now it's happening with Young Justice.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyone notice the Beetles have the 3 circle Brainiac symbols pop up a few times when they pull out a different gun?

I noticed it a few weeks ago but didn't think about it. Saw it again today when Black shot a chest cannon. The Reach = Brainiac and Darkseid is about to show up?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone notice the Beetles have the 3 circle Brainiac symbols pop up a few times when they pull out a different gun?

I noticed it a few weeks ago but didn't think about it. Saw it again today when Black shot a chest cannon. The Reach = Brainiac and Darkseid is about to show up?

Within what's left to air? I won't exactly bet on it.

CryptiK

Wow Just watched all these episodes only to find out the show is not getting renewed and getting replaced with Teen Titans :( wow

There will be so much unfinished business.

guys... lets talk about how Arsenal shot Mongul's capsule first as a test run so he could see if it was a safe way to free the others.

I thought that was great.

Wasnt he just thinking that the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

He tried to hack the pods first, but realised it would take too long so shot Mongol's first to see if shooting out the panel would result in them being freed or killed or something worse.

A nice touch a thought. He appears ever reckless and can act more emotionally than perhaps he otherwise should when threatened with something like capture but he does care about the team deep down.

Brainiac and Darkseid is about to show up?

Nowhere near enough time to bring them both in properly. Plus using the Reach isn't Brainiac's style.

I'm not sure why people want Darkseid to show up, yeah he is awesome but he is way out of YJ's league. Like wayyyy out. Reach/Mongul/Light are enough for our team of youngens.

Fuck thinking about it now this show actually had some serious fucking potential. First time I am actually bummed that it is ending.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So now that Gordon exposed the Reach, does that mean people will stop drinking Reach and stop eating their bullshit? Did their invasion fail?

pants

So now that Gordon exposed the Reach, does that mean people will stop drinking Reach and stop eating their bullshit? Did their invasion fail?

Well it looks like the reach drink was setup like that turducken stuff from Supernatural, so it will still need intervention to get people off the juice. (I see Lex having thought of this and putting the cure to whatever the addictive substance in reach was in the next batch of reach)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People wanted Darkseid because of hints like Desaad's presence as well as Gordon (a pawn of Darkseid).

...so where is Guy?

wildfire

Banned
I thought that was great.

He tried to hack the pods first, but realised it would take too long so shot Mongol's first to see if shooting out the panel would result in them being freed or killed or something worse.

A nice touch a thought. He appears ever reckless and can act more emotionally than perhaps he otherwise should when threatened with something like capture but he does care about the team deep down.

Thank you. I was trying to figure out the reasoning behind that sequence of events.

kurahador

No he didn't. He was trying to hack Mogul's pod.

The blinking kid asks him why he didn't free the good guys in pushing buttons scene.

Ducarmel

Nightwing should of dealt with Arsenal's demons before he was put on the team, he cant blame Arsenal being Arsenal after the fact.

Anyway I like the new team hope Arsenal and them actually get shit done.

Also they just gonna sweep Miss Martians brain wiping and altering thing under the rug.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
now I'm getting scared that they'll end the season (and therefore series) on a cliffhanger

Still, Arsenal was able to evade constant pursuit, on an alien-made planet for an unknown amount of time,on his own, and survive.

As well as have the brilliant improv to combat Black Beetle's power, with something even more dangerous in Mongul. Combo's as a distraction while they release the team (who didn't look up to fighting when they got out), and to attempt to take the warworld key (outsmarted by Luthor, though)

yep, he seemed way more useful in this one episode than nightwing the entire season lol

disappointed at the lack of justice league presence too. season 1 was waaay better. this could have been great with it's roster of characters but they dropped the ball. there's some great episodes in this season but overall it doesn't give me that feeling the last season did.

Wow. Did not expect Gordon to turn on the Reach so suddenly and aggressively. I assume the mentioning the whole Darkseid henchman thing is because they've done it in the comic books? No way of knowing for sure. Same thing was said about Artemis. I do think at the very least he's with the Light.

Also, I see people complaining about Arsenal and Nightwing, that didn't bother me. What bothered me was back in Satisfaction, Arsenal gladly accepted Luthor's bionic arm in exchange for sparing him, but turns around and scolds the runaways for accepting Luthor's help. WTF man?

Effect

I think that he should have chose a better time to give him the boot. Or told him that it was strike 2 and to explain to him what a team/ comrade is.

Nightwing kinda dropped the ball on that one.

Seriously. Now there five super powered (in case of Arsenal an equivalent) teens running around answerable to no one. Nice going Nightwing. Also how did he even find out about what he did on the first mission. Robin purposefully didn't say anything when asked how things went. It felt like he was going to deal with it himself considering at least outwardly he and Arsenal were the same age.

Ducarmel

What bothered me was back in Satisfaction, Arsenal gladly accepted Luthor's bionic arm in exchange for sparing him, but turns around and scolds the runaways for accepting Luthor's help. WTF man?

He had unfinished business with Luthor either he accepted blood money/compensation or try killing him or bringing him to jail. IMO I don't see any moral problem/hypocrisy in accepting compensation instead of justice. So whatever beef he had over his kidnapping was concluded fairly but he has no obligation in treating Luther as a friendly over accepting his a new arm.

Wow. Did not expect Gordon to turn on the Reach so suddenly and aggressively. I assume the mentioning the whole Darkseid henchman thing is because they've done it in the comic books? No way of knowing for sure. Same thing was said about Artemis. I do think at the very least he's with the Light.

Also, I see people complaining about Arsenal and Nightwing, that didn't bother me. What bothered me was back in Satisfaction, Arsenal gladly accepted Luthor's bionic arm in exchange for sparing him, but turns around and scolds the runaways for accepting Luthor's help. WTF man?

At the time, Arsenal was also surrounded by dozens of armed guards who would have shot him if he'd killed Lex.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There's a difference between a risky deep cover mission, and saying "fuck ya'll, I'm blowing out the airlock because I'd rather be dead than captured". Even when MM, Artemis, and Superboy went solo/off-mission, they never intentionally hurt their teammates.

Exactly. Dick made the right call.

And heck, I'm excited for the Outsiders now. This show is comic fanservice galore. If you told me we'd be getting Outsiders in a CN cartoon a year ago I wouldn't have believed you.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There's a difference between a risky deep cover mission, and saying "fuck ya'll, I'm blowing out the airlock because I'd rather be dead than captured". Even when MM, Artemis, and Superboy went solo/off-mission, they never intentionally hurt their teammates.

You mean other than mm trying to mind wipe kon?

Top Bottom