• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Brickhunt

Ever since the War World episode it has been clear that the Light are playing the Reach, who would suspect of something if Queen Bee had't throw an attempt to "stop" the heroes. The only negative they got here is that they re-empowered the heroes at the cost of leaving the Reach almost a non-factor, but don't give much of a fuck for still seeing the heroes as mere pawns.

At this point, my guess is that the Light's plan was to extract meta-gene technology from the Reach and also use them as bait to get the War World from Mongul while weakening them. With the War World and meta-gene technology, they can easily subjugate any alien species in the galaxy. "Rightfully" putting the Earth at the center of the cosmo, as Vandal Savage said. Since Savage will eventually outlive most his companions (Leaving Klarion and Ra's maybe), he gets to be in charge.

The only flaw I can see in their plan right now is that there will be a point where the heroes can no longer be their "pawns". They managed use them by directing them at "bigger" threats, like the Reach (Because if the heroes try to ignore, the whole world pays the price), but once they step up to assume control of the War World, the Team and Justice League will have a clear target to take down, and while they are easy to manipulate, they are not so easy to destroy.

Right now, I can't see what is the Light's "secret weapon" that can allow them to defeat the League and the Team so that they can assume control of the War World and not be took out or destroyed.

The best I can see is them managing to manipulate Black Beetle; empower their stronger henchmen (Push Match to Superman-level maybe); hire some intergalactic big hitters like Lobo and maybe take control of Despero and Mongul using Starro tech. And possibly hope the League's bit hitters don't come back in time.

Good that Blue is back. I can´t wait for next week for the Light summit.

young_justice_invasion__robin__s_future__by_timdrakerobin-d52th49.jpg

We'll never get this. :(

Aren´t the Robin on the left and Nightwing the same person? And who is the person on the right?

Tizoc

Fuck why did I go back and read about Ep. 18 stuff XD.

Caught up to Ep. 17 and how this arc is gonna end is making me go @o@.

Best DC cartoon show along with Batman B&B, really gonna miss it when it ends, but hopefully they can continue it as a comic book series >_<.

Mononofu

I wonder what else Impulse is not telling about the future? This is the second episode where he has made a point to say the "main" reason for his trip to the past was to take Blue off mode.

Ducarmel

I wonder what else Impulse is not telling about the future? This is the second episode where he has made a point to say the "main" reason for his trip to the past was to take Blue off mode.

What I find weird about that scene and specifically right after they leave Queen bee lair is that whole explanation they were going on about how they saved blue beetle. They claim they knew for months he could go bad and had a plan to rescue him if he ever did. Impulse and the rest of them hid this from Blue/the Reach.

If that was the case they already had a plan but Nightwings comment "good press for a traitor" was way off, he knows the beetle is under the reach control and they have a plan to save blue. So why say that unless Nightwing was not in on it and Alpha squad was doing there own thing, he was not on the mission which is odd becasue he seemed like he wanted a peice of Blue badly.

Or did I miss an episode where Impulse and the team talked about a plan to save blue behind the scene.

Effect

I think saving Barry was one of the other reasons. Which he did when he first showed up.

Ever since the War World episode it has been clear that the Light are playing the Reach, who would suspect of something if Queen Bee had't throw an attempt to "stop" the heroes. The only negative they got here is that they re-empowered the heroes at the cost of leaving the Reach almost a non-factor, but don't give much of a fuck for still seeing the heroes as mere pawns.

At this point, my guess is that the Light's plan was to extract meta-gene technology from the Reach and also use them as bait to get the War World from Mongul while weakening them. With the War World and meta-gene technology, they can easily subjugate any alien species in the galaxy. "Rightfully" putting the Earth at the center of the cosmo, as Vandal Savage said. Since Savage will eventually outlive most his companions (Leaving Klarion and Ra's maybe), he gets to be in charge.

The only flaw I can see in their plan right now is that there will be a point where the heroes can no longer be their "pawns". They managed use them by directing them at "bigger" threats, like the Reach (Because if the heroes try to ignore, the whole world pays the price), but once they step up to assume control of the War World, the Team and Justice League will have a clear target to take down, and while they are easy to manipulate, they are not so easy to destroy.

Right now, I can't see what is the Light's "secret weapon" that can allow them to defeat the League and the Team so that they can assume control of the War World and not be took out or destroyed.

The best I can see is them managing to manipulate Black Beetle; empower their stronger henchmen (Push Match to Superman-level maybe); hire some intergalactic big hitters like Lobo and maybe take control of Despero and Mongul using Starro tech. And possibly hope the League's bit hitters don't come back in time.

They could send Deathstroke, Black Adam, Klarion, Amazo, and Match to WarWorld right now and probably take the key chamber by force over Aquaman, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, Dr. Fate, and Black Beetle.

CryptiK

:( I hate they are canceling this... whast the chances they continue the series in Comic Book form(apart from the current spin off comic series)

Brickhunt

:( I hate they are canceling this... whast the chances they continue the series in Comic Book form(apart from the current spin off comic series)

This show is set in Earth-16 before the reboot. I think the universe is pretty much dead as comics are concerned.

The best we can hope is that, wanting to cash-in on the Justice League movie coming in a few years, they produce a Justice League cartoon set in YJ's universe, an adapt the Season 3 storylines into it.

Unfortunately, it has been a long time since Warner animation has produced new shows set in an already established universe. I'm afraid they would just make a JL cartoon in a whole new universe just for that.

Hell, at this point I don't know what I want. I want a Justice League in YJ to continue more stories, but also want JL International set in the BatB universe because I loved the character interactions. Now, thanks to yesterday~s GL episode, I want a JL in the CGUniverse if only for
Blackest Night

During the "Countdown" series, Jason Todd was recruited and during his stay at one of the Earths, adopted the Red Robin mantle for a time. He dropped it after the series was over, and went back to Red Hood while after Battle for the Cowl, Tim Drake became Red Robin after Damian Wayne took the Robin Mantle

Kreed

Adventure Time and Regular Show get the most ads. I never bothered to check viewer ratings.

Adventure Time/Regular Show premieres usually get about 3 million viewers. But as you said, not only do those two shows get the most ads but they run a lot of marathons for these two shows. Young Justice would probably be in better shape if it was getting the same amount of promotion.

But as much as many people would like to put the blame on Cartoon Network, Warner Brothers owns both Cartoon Network and DC Comics. If WB wanted the show to continue airing on the network, it would be on the network. Instead both DC Nation programs are being replaced by new Teen Titans and Batman Programs, shows that will probably do better ratings wise for the network. Young Justice isn't being canceled for more Regular Show or Adventure Time episodes, it's being canceled for better performing DC properties.

But as much as many people would like to put the blame on Cartoon Network, Warner Brothers owns both Cartoon Network and DC Comics. If WB wanted the show to continue airing on the network, it would be on the network. Instead both DC Nation programs are being replaced by new Teen Titans and Batman Programs, shows that will probably do better ratings wise for the network. Young Justice isn't being canceled for more Regular Show or Adventure Time episodes, it's being canceled for better performing DC properties.

I'll try to find the rumor when I get home, but I've read that CN isn't happy with Beware the Batman, and will likely cancel it after the initial order has run.

The comic book has been canceled so I doubt we'd get another one.

plus the comic seemed more of a companion since it explained/expanded on some of the stuff the series didn't (Like Artemis's drafting to the Team and how KF and the team got lucky against Amazo, etc).

and also they brought a Earth 16 character to New 52 only for the character be killed shortly after LOL

Adventure Time/Regular Show premieres usually get about 3 million viewers. But as you said, not only do those two shows get the most ads but they run a lot of marathons for these two shows. Young Justice would probably be in better shape if it was getting the same amount of promotion.

I doubt they give much of a fuck about ratings since its been doing decent tbh.

They want that merchandise money and likely believes that Batman (usual cash cow) and spinoff Teen Titans (previous series with fanfare on CN) can do it better, but we'll see if that happens

I'll try to find the rumor when I get home, but I've read that CN isn't happy with Beware the Batman, and will likely cancel it after the initial order has run.

well now...

Flash

M'gann is so cold lmao. Lagoon Boy hasn't even finished walking up the stairs and she's asking Dick about Superboy

zatanna <3

She should have her own show <3

Yeah she really did well this episode.

War world has to be the Light's endgame. They defo have the muscle to threaten the Reach, War world would be a bonus.

I thought the whole green lantern/reach rule would be explained a little more. They must have history. I guess there's no time though.

Kreed

That sounds like something that will never escape "rumor" territory (why cancel a show and cancel the replacement show before it airs?), but I'd like to read it.

abundant

I thought the whole green lantern/reach rule would be explained a little more. They must have history. I guess there's no time though.

There's not much to explain. The Reach tried to take over the universe, which brought them at odds with the GL. They fought constantly to a stalemate, thus the Reach and the Guardians reached a truce - The Reach would stop invading other worlds and the GL would leave them be.

That is why the Reach use Scarabs now, to infiltrate planets and take them over without the GL noticing them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought it was kinda resolved fast... but at least they know how to do foreshadowing.

Still,
I like Green Lantern more than YJ
:(

Flash

I thought it was kinda resolved fast... but at least they know how to do foreshadowing.

Still,
I like Green Lantern more than YJ
:(

in theory YJ story line sounds pretty damn cool, a lot of heroes and enemies and tons of twists and double crossings/ulterior motives. But it was all compacted into one season (and the hiatuses didn't help) which just made everything very messy... and it's hard to see any sort of fulfilling conclusion coming up in the few remaining episodes. I actually have no idea how it's going to end lol. Will the YJ team finally get a real win on their own (and not with the help of the Light or giving their enemies some sort of win)? will the JL come back and clean this mess? lol ugh

Here it is:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2012/10/17/why-did-dc-nation-disappear/#comm

Work on Beware the Batman was not pleasing Cartoon Network, and an unannounced Justice League show wasn’t cutting it either, so the partnership started to disagree about future directions. Rather than plough on, they’ve decided to burn off the episodes so far produced, dissolve the block and deal with each future DC-themed show on an ad-hoc, one-by-one basis.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I find it really annoying, because animated superhero shows are much better and more cohesive than their movie counterparts :/

Top Bottom