• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aren't they mostly using z-tier villains also.

Gonna be interesting to see

Professor Pyg could be amazing if they do him right.

Which they won't because he's pretty damn brutal in the comics, but still.

Didn't they discontinue the Red Robin comic?

I wouldn't say it was discontinued, maybe it was but it always felt like it was supposed to just be a 26 issue run. Everything gets tied up very nicely in the end.

I really want it to come back, but something tells me a New 52 version just wouldn't be the same -- especially if they got anyone other than Marcus To to pencil.

TheWon

Banned
The Light always winning is a lot easier to deal with when you start rooting for them like I did.

That's the best part of the to me. I hate shows when the villains always seem to get caught. If you look at the make up of the Light. Honestly there really would be no way the good guys could beat them. Besides Batman being a man with power. The other characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, and GL are all just people with extreme physical powers. The Light is made up of people who either have their own empires or president type power. Meaning they would have to be a lot smarter than your average intelligent person. Luthor and Al Ghoul alone put them ahead, and always keep them ahead of the good guys.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's the best part of the to me. I hate shows when the villains always seem to get caught. If you look at the make up of the Light. Honestly there really would be no way the good guys could beat them. Besides Batman being a man with power. The other characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, and GL are all just people with extreme physical powers. The Light is made up of power who either have their own empires or president type power. Meaning they would have to be a lot smarter than your average intelligent person. Luthor and Al Ghoul alone put them ahead, and always keep them ahead of the good guys.

See I have no qualms with villains winning. What I hate however is that nearly everything has a thing attached to the Light that Xanathos would even say that it's overkill. I also find it unbelievable that they are working together so well, considering how these characters operate.

Slayven

See I have no qualms with villains winning. What I hate however is that nearly everything has a thing attached to the Light that Xanathos would even say that it's overkill. I also find it unbelievable that they are working together so well, considering how these characters operate.

Honestly no way that grouping should have held together for 5 years.

Taborcarn

Normally I think we're supposed to enjoy villians getting beaten down, but in BM's case it's more like "Come on man, get your act together."

Poyunch

I think the reason why Black Manta keeps getting beatdown is because he's going to end up being more loving father than supervillain by eventually defecting and supporting Kaldur. I mean this is the show where the good guys are pathetic and never win so Black Manta sucking must mean...

I think the reason why Black Manta keeps getting beatdown is because he's going to end up being more loving father than supervillain by eventually defecting and supporting Kaldur. I mean this is the show where the good guys are pathetic and never win so Black Manta sucking must mean...

LOL such fucked up logic but yet also believable.

Plus he's kinda good already with his Son and his crew (for the most part), i mean they get coffee and chill time.

Effect

Plus he's kinda good already with his Son and his crew (for the most part), i mean they get coffee and chill time.
There really does need to be more of a focus on the various villain groups and how they operate on a day to day basis. However if you do that then they don't seem as bad as you're lead to believe.

The Guild of Calamitous Intent does have some pretty strict bylaws concerning henchman labor.

Setting myself up for disappointment here, but I'm kind of hoping for the Team, League, Light and Outsiders to form a massive team-up against the Reach for the final battle.

Also, for Superman to show up and go all "world of cardboard" on Black Beetle

There really does need to be more of a focus on the various villain groups and how they operate on a day to day basis. However if you do that then they don't seem as bad as you're lead to believe.

The Guild of Calamitous Intent does have some pretty strict bylaws concerning henchman labor.

Makes sense since they are also people who have their needs and stuff. So they don't like it i dont think they would be there, unless some manipulation is involved.

Setting myself up for disappointment here, but I'm kind of hoping for the Team, League, Light and Outsiders to form a massive team-up against the Reach for the final battle.

I'm hoping for a Teamup as well given how bad this thing is currently going.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I think it would be absolutely terrible for Black Beetle to get his comeuppance from somebody not on the YJ team.

It needs to come from Jaime.

I would also accept a Blue Beetle/Aqualad double team. (Though BB/Impulse might make more plot sense.)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I think it would be absolutely terrible for Black Beetle to get his comeuppance from somebody not on the YJ team.

It needs to come from Jaime.

I would also accept a Blue Beetle/Aqualad double team. (Though BB/Impulse might make more plot sense.)

honestly, i kinda hope that the league gets involved as little as possible. the team needs to go out in a blaze of glory that hasnt been seen in the series

Dali

Just saw the latest episode. It was nice seeing a large part of the team fight together. That's something we haven't seen much of this season. It's weird seeing Wonder Girl just show up lend a heavy hit then fade into nothing again. Hopefully we're past all the Beatle crap now (except dispatching Black of course) though. Kinda lame they "lost" again. I'm getting the feeling everything won't be tied up after the series Finale. The Reach will be defeated but the Light stuff will definitely be a hanging thread.

Kimawolf

Just saw the latest episode. It was nice seeing a large part of the team fight together. That's something we haven't seen much of this season. It's weird seeing Wonder Girl just show up lend a heavy hit then fade into nothing again. Hopefully we're past all the Beatle crap now (except dispatching Black of course) though. Kinda lame they "lost" again. I'm getting the feeling everything won't be tied up after the series Finale. The Reach will be defeated but the Light stuff will definitely be a hanging thread.

Yeah it's one thing that annoys me. Even when the good guys win. There is always a second ending with the Light "mwahahaing" it up about how it was all part of their true plan. I love the character interactions but seriously these have to be the biggest loser heroes in any comic/TV show. They NEVER win. Even when they think they win, they really lose.

NEO0MJ

Yeah it's one thing that annoys me. Even when the good guys win. There is always a second ending with the Light "mwahahaing" it up about how it was all part of their true plan. I love the character interactions but seriously these have to be the biggest loser heroes in any comic/TV show. They NEVER win. Even when they think they win, they really lose.

They didn't really lose in the last episode, though. It's just that what they were planing on doing was something the light was hoping for.

Dali

Also did anyone feel weird about Megan's whole deal. She seemed to have an odd smirk and flash of evil after crushing Lagoon's heart. She's probably under Queen B's mind control guy's control. I dunno. Something's up with that.

Top Bottom