• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

So wait, what ever happened to Aquagirl, so did she really die?

I remember seeing promo material for season 2 with her in it, but I don't remember any flashbacks with her in any of the actual episodes.

Did I just miss an episode or something?

That fclip of her was from the episode when Miss Martian was in Aqualad's mind to repair it and she was "protecting" it.

And yeah she's dead.

So wait, what ever happened to Aquagirl, so did she really die?

I remember seeing promo material for season 2 with her in it, but I don't remember any flashbacks with her in any of the actual episodes.

Did I just miss an episode or something?

She was in the episode where Miss Martian and Artemis was attempting to fix Kaldur's broken mind but she seemed to be more like a defense system.

I totally called the JL team getting worked at the War World key room. Captain Marvel is the Krillin of this show.

Great episode. Team finally came together, Aqualad finally cashed in his undercover agent chips (and clowns Deathstroke offscreen somehow), Dick and Wally back kicking butts, even Lagoon Boy got his chance to shine.

Only downside is that we'll never see the resolution of the apokolips connection, Lex and Arsenal storylines aren't going to tie up, and Black Beetle needs to catch an ass whipping.

tajd

Banned
i dont care for this show at all its so medded up storylines are all over the placed

gutted about GL cancelled tho

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I totally called the JL team getting worked at the War World key room. Captain Marvel is the Krillin of this show.

Man, that hurts. :(

It took all season but the heroes finally got a legit W. There's still so much that's going to be left on the table though.

Gartooth

Yeah I don't think we will be hearing from the Light again in the next episode, which is disappointing given the potential for a season 3. (And the fact that almost all of the members are still at large) I think at this point the finale will focus with the Team coming together to stop a last ditch effort by the Reach. I do hope though that after the final battle, they spend some time to at least give closure to the cast and their individual arcs instead of leaving us hanging.

tkscz

i dont care for this show at all its so medded up storylines are all over the placed

gutted about GL cancelled tho

Not sure why you needed to post this, but you're entitled to it.

I think it sucks that this show is getting cann'd. At least they are rapping everything up, in like Avenger's EMHs, where there is an entire story line that went nowhere.

Captain Marvel is the Krillin of this show.

Yeah, he tends to get beaten up way more than he should, considering he's equally as strong as Superman

Amazing episode. Aqualad is brilliant. I am wondering though. How come Black Manta use only technology and does not use the water like Caldur does? Can BM even use water like the other fishmen? Slade thing took me by surprise.

Amazing episode. Aqualad is brilliant. I am wondering though. How come Black Manta use only technology and does not use the water like Caldur does? Can BM even use water like the other fishmen? Slade thing took me by surprise.

Aqualad was trained to use those powers.

EDIT: I forgot about his mom being an Atlantean.

ReiGun

Aqualad uses Atlantean magic, which Manta doesn't know. I'm also guessing the only reason AL can use it is because his mother is Atlantean.

So nice to see the Team get a win finally. Though, the Justice League continues to stack Ls. Sometimes, I wonder why they're even on this show.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Only downside is that we'll never see the resolution of the apokolips connection, Lex and Arsenal storylines aren't going to tie up, and Black Beetle needs to catch an ass whipping.

Black Beetle will go down next week, obviously. Since he's decided to destroy the planet to hide the evidence of the Reach's bullshit from the Lanterns.

LOL watching the first half of the episode now. The way the light stuck it on the Reach by pointing out each and everyone of their failures was sooo cheeky.

Really going to miss this fucking show.

Savage gettting the Warworld that easily and aqualad beating deathstroke off screen is very suspect. Still an excellent episode.

Awesome night wing fighting animation. Also great to see Wally suited up again.

I also liked the subtle nod to the original young justice crew when wonder girl, impulse, and robin popped out of their costumes.

TheWon

Banned
Man, that hurts. :(

It took all season but the heroes finally got a legit W. There's still so much that's going to be left on the table though.

That's why I said early it makes since the Badguys are always one step ahead. Most of the heroes have been nerfed. Black Adam would destroy this Captain Marvel.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The latest was my favorite of the series. I hope they at least give the series a movie after the conclusion of the show.

Effect

So does this episode make it clear that this entire plan was
Aqualad's idea and not Nightwing's
? That was how I took it in the end.

ReiGun

so does the comic version of Aqualad even exist post-52?
There is currently no Aqualad. The og Aqualad, Garth, is hinted at, but from the way it read it sounded like he's only an infant/child. Wouldn't be surprised if Aqualad is eventually either Kaldur or Jackson Hyde.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
late, but hey, at least we got a great episode, that wipes off alot of the ongoing plot off the board, before the end. Alot of shows that are cancelled early, don't get that...

I also :loled at the episode spending 90% of the time, in one large cave chamber, and still be one of the best episodes of the series.

I also am sad at how underpowered they've made Captain Marvel. I mean, stoked he's even on the show (he wasn't used much in cartoons before), but I figured he'd be a bit more powerful (and a bit more up front), after the buildup they gave him in season 1.

Also, I like YJ's Vandal Savage alot more than the Savage from JLU. At least on design, this one's just one mean looking dude.

Hiltz

I was a bit surprised they showed Black Beetle killing Ras al Ghul. Of course, we all know where Ubu went to take him. I'm sad that we may not ever see a show done in this same art style and take on the DC universe.

SykoTech

In many ways, this episode felt like a repeat of the one in Season 1 where the team pulls the switcheroo on the Light. But that episode was awesome and this one was even better, so I'm not complaining.

Kaldur for MVP. This incarnation of Aqualad should get his own show/comic series/game/something.

Lol @ Ras. Especially funny for me since
I've been playing Arkham City for the first time this week
. Pretty cool to see them actually show that though.

Once again, I'm left feeling really happy and really sad at the same time. Hopefully the show wraps up well, unlike poor Spectacular Spidey.

wildfire

Banned
Damn. You can see the moment mantas heart breaks

When he said "You have to learn to be ruthless and I'm going to beat it into you" I just nodded my head and said to myself. I'm not even going to be annoyed. You really want your boy to grow up like dear old dad and your welcome to try but it's not going to stick.

There is currently no Aqualad. The og Aqualad, Garth, is hinted at, but from the way it read it sounded like he's only an infant/child. Wouldn't be surprised if Aqualad is eventually either Kaldur or Jackson Hyde.

Geoff Johns is writing Aquaman, and is apparently a big fan of this version of Aqualad. Also, Lobdell wanted him for Teen Titans, but was told no on the grounds that he was already claimed for another book.

MisterHero

Superboy needs a weapon or really heavy armor. Fistfights aren't working out for him. He keeps getting owned in 2 or 3 hits.

Nice to see Wally again and nice to see everyone finally caught up. Now I want to see Black Manta do the right thing and kick everyone's ass.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that episode was sick! Loved how brutal it was. Can't believe they were allowed to show that much violence. Nightwings attacks were awesome.

udivision

Dang dang dang.

Great episode. I didn't know what to expect. Gambit pile ups, sheesh.

EDIT: The fighting was good too.
What's with "Fatal Chest Attacks" and YJ anyway. We're at like 4, and none of them have actually been fatal.

Ezalc

Where was Deathstroke in all of that?
How did Ra's know about the charm? He just kept staring at it.
Why are Black Manta and Captain Marvel so useless? Goddamn everybody is kicking their ass. BM I can even understand but CM is supposed to be basically on the same level if not stronger than Superman. If you're not going to have him kick somebody's ass then don't use him damn it.

Where was Deathstroke in all of that?

Aqualad took him out before the Summit, allowing Miss Martian to take his place.

How did Ra's know about the charm? He just kept staring at it.

He's probably seen it before. There might be some slight magical aura that isn't animated or it might require a specific talisman.

Why are Black Manta and Captain Marvel so useless? Goddamn everybody is kicking their ass. BM I can even understand but CM is supposed to be basically on the same level if not stronger than Superman. If you're not going to have him kick somebody's ass then don't use him damn it.

No real answer on that one.

What are the odds that Barry either bites it or retires in the final battle, forcing Wally to take up the mantle of Flash?

MisterHero

Marvel is still kid mentally and doesn't know how to fight. Letting him on the League was probably a way to keep an eye on him. :p

Top Bottom