• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Gartooth

What are the odds that Barry either bites it or retires in the final battle, forcing Wally to take up the mantle of Flash?

Not gonna happen at this point given we only have 1 episode left and I doubt they would dedicate the time to Barry's death. It could have happened in season 3 if they took a large ass time skip to the point that all the sidekicks ended up replacing their mentors (Ex: Wally becomes Flash, Dick becomes Batman) but I think based on what we know of season 2's ending, Wally and Artemis just finally go into retirement for good with Bart becoming Kid Flash.

Akainu

Isn't Savage with that boy who is like a god? And isn't the only who can match him Fate? Was he there? So it's not to bad the three leaguers that happened to be there got punked.

That's pretty good, the season is also wrapping up nicely. BTW is the Reach ambassador an original character? I like his eyebrows.

He's from the Pre-New52 Blue Beetle series, where he was called the Negotiator.

Black Beetle is the reach military leader Dawur given the armor of Black Beetle, a future version of Jaime's friend Hector who blamed Jaime for the death of his sister.

Green Beetle is a wholly original creation for this show.

Woah Black Beetle is actually Reach? I though he was just a random alien like Jaime or Green Beetle. That's pretty cool, Reach Ambassador design is top notch.

Khezu

That was such a good episode it made me forget the problems I had with all of season 2.

In fact, that's exactly what happened with season 1, it was super uneven, then the season finale was super awesome and it made me really enjoy the series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Woah Black Beetle is actually Reach? I though he was just a random alien like Jaime or Green Beetle. That's pretty cool, Reach Ambassador design is top notch.

I'm pretty sure we saw him depowered at one point before this episode and it showed he was a Reach.

Busaiku

Man, I thought the Ambassador was gonna be an actual threat or something.
The way the scientist was fearing him and whatnot.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
He's from the Pre-New52 Blue Beetle series, where he was called the Negotiator.

Black Beetle is the reach military leader Dawur given the armor of Black Beetle, a future version of Jaime's friend Hector who blamed Jaime for the death of his sister.

Green Beetle is a wholly original creation for this show.

man

That first 25 (I think) issues of Blue Beetle pre-52 was utterly fantastic.

man

That first 25 (I think) issues of Blue Beetle pre-52 was utterly fantastic.

36 actually. I just read the whole series in trades a couple months ago. You're right- it was amazing. I was inspired to read it by both its heavy influence on this season of Young Justice and Linkara's tribute video. Its a shame nobody read it, but putting it out immediately after shooting the previous Beetle in the face was probably a bad marketing decision.

I really wish this series had "My name is Paco- and I'm going to beat you with this stick until you get the #$%& off my planet"

Man, this episode pulled out all the stops. So amazing. I was kinda annoyed that the previous episode ended with yet another "lol the light is 10 steps ahead of you" so it was doubly satisfying to see them beaten at every single turn. Of course, except for Savage and Klarion leaving the same exact way as Season 1. For a show that's ending it would've been nice to see them *completely* defeated.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Finally an episode where the good guys actually win... for the most part.

Where the hell is Savage going with Warworld?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Space buffet!

I have a feeling we probably wouldn't get a truly satisfying, triumphant ending. I have a feeling the Light will still prevail.

I think he's off to conquer some other planets/elevate Earth to conqueror, which seems to have been his goal for quite some time.

Wasn't there talk of the third season jumping forward by 30/40 years? The jump suddenly makes more sense now that Savage has the WW.

Isn't Savage with that boy who is like a god? And isn't the only who can match him Fate? Was he there? So it's not to bad the three leaguers that happened to be there got punked.

There should be no one in the light with the power to one shot captain marvel. Not even B.adam can do that, this Cpt. Marvel has been depowered though and Savage is VERY resourceful, so who knows what happened ? Fuck it though, bring on the final episode !!

Brickhunt

I'm too worried about the final episode.

Ideally, I would have wanted for the Reach had been dealt this episode and the final episode all about the Team and the League taking out Savage and the Warworld plot once and for all. Leaving Lex and Queen Bee as vague cliffhangers

Now, I'm worried the final episode will be all about repelling Black Beetle's assault on earth with Savage and Klarion getting away with the Warworld as Cliffhanger for a non-existent Season 3.

I loved this episode........ so mad with CN cancelling this show I have no idea what to do, other then not watching CN... not like theres anything else on the station I would watch anyway.

Maybe if Boondocks makes a return with a season 4... Or if they do a new justice league show, with good animation... or at least animation as good as this show.

Gartooth

After Young Justice and Green Lantern finish up next week I'm going to be pretty glum, not going to lie about it. (of course I'm sure I will have a blast watching the last episode of each show)

Glad that I can fall back on TMNT for the time being, and thankfully that has been renewed up to season 3. I have no hype for Teen Titans Go! (funny I think the fans only wanted the original series to return, not this style of shorts) and Beware the Batman may have promise, but I'm tired of Batman at this point. I'd be game for a new Superman or Justice League show, but I would also love if they tried a different property such as Flash.

NEO0MJ

There should be no one in the light with the power to one shot captain marvel. Not even B.adam can do that, this Cpt. Marvel has been depowered though and Savage is VERY resourceful, so who knows what happened ? Fuck it though, bring on the final episode !!

Billy is pretty new to the game in YJ, he's more a member of Young Justice than the Justice League, really. When compared to a master of the dark art like Klarion.

Now, I'm worried the final episode will be all about repelling Black Beetle's assault on earth with Savage and Klarion getting away with the Warworld as Cliffhanger for a non-existent Season 3.

I have a feeling that's how it will end. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Maybe if Boondocks makes a return with a season 4... Or if they do a new justice league show, with good animation... or at least animation as good as this show.

I'm pretty sure the Boondocks is coming back.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Billy is pretty new to the game in YJ, he's more a member of Young Justice than the Justice League, really. When compared to a master of the dark art like Klarion.

He's not that new. We don't know how long he's had his powers since the first season, and its been five years since. Unless this show has gimped all bruisers he should have gained some skill.

Slayven

He's not that new. We don't know how long he's had his powers since the first season, and its been five years since. Unless this show has gimped all bruisers he should have gained some skill.

I can't believe they gimped the shazam lightening attack.

Top Bottom