• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Ponn

Banned
? Wally tapped into the speed force. At least he would have if we got a 3rd Season Doomsday with Darkseid !

Normally i would agree with this comic book out but DC/Johns has a hard on right now for scrubbing Wally from existence.

Tamanon

Banned
Wally West is always so good in any of the DCAU, and I'm starting to think it's a running joke what happens to him in the end.

But I'd love a Flash series.

Gartooth

It actually would have been crazy for a season 3 though, to have it that

after a huge 10+ years time jump into the future, Wally gets pulled out of the Speed Force at the same age he "died" and thus you would have a man out of time style storyline similar to Cap. Of course that probably never was the plan given DC's hard-on for hating Wally West.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Lame finale overall. Black Beetle never got his well deserved ass kicking, Justice League just as useless as ever and
The Light win again!
Green Lantern ending was a lot more satisfying.

MartyStu

I'd bet money that we would have found out
Wally is actually trapped in the Speed Force in the third season.

Without a doubt.

With all that said, I am still pissed that Aqualad did not keep his Manta costume.

Also, am I the only one who enjoyed this episode? Even if only because it is the last bit of YJ I will ever get :(

ReiGun

I thought it was a good ep. Black Beetle's end was pretty rushed, but that's a nitpick.

Still lol'ing at how fucking useless the Justice League has been.

Asbel

The League being so useless is what I call the Batman Effect. To make Batman relevant in the Justice League, the rest of the League is dumbed down. To make the Young Justice team relevant in a world with the JL, the entire JL is dumbed down including Batman.

It's just poor writing to shit on one team to prop up another.

Brickhunt

Okay, my thoughts on the final episode.

Besides the anti-climatic defeat of Black Beetle and the goddamn evil cliffhanger, this episode felt more or less just like the final episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Every single hero who appeared in the show goes into a ultimate showdown fight with generic reach drone #24 in order to stop earth's destruction.

I honestly didn't felt anything for Wally's death. Being away most of season was removed any emotion attachments I would have for his character. I would rather have Barry somehow save Wally at the cost of his life and ending up inhering the Flash's mantle.

I was a producer, I would have let the team take down Black Beetle and the Reach in the "Summit" episode and focus this episode on defeating Vandal Savage and the Warworld's threat. If only so that we wouldn't get the Darkseid cliffhanger. We so need to get a continuation in the form a Justice League Cartoon...

That said, I enjoyed some things like Artemis fully assuming the with Tigress identity. Bart becoming Kid Flash. Static joining the team and have Black Lightning as mentor. Nightwing taking a leave of absence.

In final thoughts, a mediocre ending to an incredible awesome show.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I'd bet money that we would have found out
Wally is actually trapped in the Speed Force in the third season.

oh yeah the seeds for next season we're all there. CN is a bunch of buffoons for this. and that team titan stuff looks like trash

Kreed

I thought the ending was fine, although I would have liked the final season/series finale battle to have been more of a "battle". Disappointed with how they handled the young meta humans and Speedy/Arsenal though. They should have stuck to forming their own team/Outsiders.

That Teen Titans Go show looks awful though. Disappointing that the WB is replacing Green Lantern and Young Justice for that.

Gartooth

Overall I think that the reason for
killing Wally was mostly just to move Impulse's and Artemis' stories forward for a season 3. Wally himself was pretty much just a background character for all of season 2, and the writers pretty much had no idea what to do with him, and thought that this is certainly better than having him go into retirement. (which would remove Artemis from future storylines)

SykoTech

Not cool man, not cool.

-Was so hyped for Kaldur vs Black Beetle, but that fizzled out quickly.
-Superboy and MM romance drama was a waste of valuable time.
-Most (if not all) scenes with the teams taking out the alien tech around the globe were forgettable, similar to the Avengers EMH finale.
-Justice League is useless except Flash.
-Wally gets left behind all season and his moment to shine is getting quickly killed off (Naruto manga spoiler:
Guess he knows how Neji felt
-The Light always wins.
-And now Static officially joins the team, just in time for its cancellation....of course.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I hate to say it but in the end I don't mind "the Light always wins".

It's was a nice change of pace to have arch-villains worthy of the name. And more sensible than just catching the head villain, throwing him in blackgate, and he breaks out next season - wash rinse repeat.

If the show would have continued, a very long build-up to the true defeat of the Light would have resulted in a great payoff. One thing's for sure though - Luthor wouldn't have gone down with them. He'd probably fall back on portraying himself as a double agent. Keeping tabs on powerful people and subverting them for the good of the world.

Given the Light already operated that way, I guess it'd make Luthor a quadruple agent in the big picture.

Fucking Cliffhanger. Fuck this shit forever. Wally got Geoff'd again (and I love how patronizing it was. "Hey Bart, we need to slow down, otherwise weak link over here might keel over" smh). The scarab instant win button. Superboy talking his way out of a year-long trial that Icon couldn't beat with no money. I'm actually upset right now.

This show deserved better.

It was a fun run enjoyed it all the way to the last frame. Happy we got a resolution sad we'll never see the proposed aftermath of these events.

Hopefully, in two years we'll see DC try again with another DCU show.

Khezu

I think I enjoyed maybe 5 episodes of season 2, and this was not one of them.

In retrospect, season 1 wasn't really that much better.

I don't really know how I feel about this show, there was a lot of nonsense and terrible characters, but when they got it right, it was pretty god damn good.

What they did with Nightwing was criminal.
An entire season of nothing.
Expected to see him & Batgirl take out one of the things at least but nope they skipped it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I was gonna suggest a big ole GAF DC Animated Universe re-watch, but realized no Batman or Superman TAS. Odd decision.

Well, I've got BTAS on DVD. Pretty sure there's large chunks of Superman I haven't seen, though.

Been ages since I've seen JL and JLU.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
After all the teasing they finally introduce Darkseid during the final episode....

i8nQRauMDOAGw.gif

And don't get me started on Wally's cliffhanger speed force trip.....

ibj3QtWX9B2m9s.gif

Ugh, I knew there was going to be foreshadowing to next season with more of the Apokolips stuff that was teased throughout the two seasons. And
I could've sworn it was Bart that the one to die in the whole reverse magnetic pole thing. Guess DC really does hate Wally

Stupid CN always cancelling their good shows and allowing shittier shows to thrive.

Please don't post Adventure Time vids in this thread. It hurts to see trash like that be promoted Ll the time and be popular, while CN sabotages this show.

luxsol

Lame finale overall. Black Beetle never got his well deserved ass kicking, Justice League just as useless as ever and
The Light win again!
Green Lantern ending was a lot more satisfying.

I never understood the love that GL:TAS got.
Just felt way generic and was very much a children's show, like Ben 10's writers doing a GL show. So many overused tropes and very predictable.

While this episode of YJ was pretty lackluster, it was a proper ending for the entire season and set up the upcoming one. I think, because it's the last episode for the series, it made the episode seem worse because it wasn't a proper series finale. This episode was supposed to be a transition point for the series. If the series had continued, it wouldn't seem as bad and may even have been viewed favorably by most because of its portents.

That said, fuck Mattel for getting this series canceled. CN may have tried to sabotage non-CN properties, but ultimately, it was Mattel's cheapass efforts in producing mediocre toys that kids didn't want to buy that led to YJ's cancellation.

tumblr_lr6hanRSZC1qclv8j.jpg

Top Bottom