• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Effect

Isn't Wally supposed to be the fastest.

That was always my understanding. I was really hoping in the end he'd be shown to be the fastest, pushing past that final barrier only to be
sucked into the speed force and appear to be dead only to come back.
. The ending overall was clearly rushed but at least it's an ending to some degree. All the "business of usual" is just their way of saying stuff continues to happen. However I think that works a lot better when you don't show of all things
Darkseid
at the very end!!!!

I can't say I hated the episode but it was easily a disappointment.

I'm satisfied with the ending, it was all a bit rushed buy we were able to see a lot wrap up.

Anyone else thought the animation between superboy and megan seemed off? Might have been rushed work.

That was a poor way to end it. I am soo disgusted man.

Vandal is in way over his head. Black beetle's defeat was just meh, Wally's speed force related death was the same, the way the JL won the trail was like wtf ? Bringing in Darksied now was just stupid. It was just very rushed and average.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Honestly how insulting is that to a speedster character? To be
so much slower than the other speedsters that you die from it?

Fuck off, DC.

Kid Flash!!! Nooooooooooooo. Fuck you fuckers. He gets neglected for most of the season than he gets killed? Fuckers. Lex and Savage never lose. Fuck this tease of an ending. Darkseid would have been ab amazing addition for the show. Fuck you CN you fucking cunts.

I thought the ending was fine, although I would have liked the final season/series finale battle to have been more of a "battle". Disappointed with how they handled the young meta humans and Speedy/Arsenal though. They should have stuck to forming their own team/Outsiders.

That Teen Titans Go show looks awful though. Disappointing that the WB is replacing Green Lantern and Young Justice for that.

There need to be 2 shows one about the outsiders, and one about Zatanna. Where was Zatanna at the end :(((((((

luxsol

Fuck you CN you fucking cunts.
It's really Mattel's fault for selling toys that kids didn't want to buy.
Hasbro has no problem selling toys for comic series that sell < 80,000 issues a month, because they actually produce quality products that appeal to even non-fans.

Dram said:
So was this episode done before the people working on the show, knew they were getting cancelled?
They likely didn't know that it was going to be canceled when they made this episode almost a year ago.
They were probably told it was canceled during that unexpected hiatus.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That was a poor to end it. I am so disgusted man.

Vandal is in way over his head. Black beetle's defeat was just meh, Wally's speed force related death was the same, the way the JL won the trail was like wtf ? Bringing in Darksied now was just stupid. It was just very rushed and average.

to be fair, with g gordon on the scene, darkseid was always on the pull. it was just a matter of time as to when he would. the ending of season makes season, despite it ending

Brickhunt

I'm not exactly a optimistic person, hoping that answering surveys will revive a show, but Christopher Jones, artist from the YJ comics, has launched a survey. If you guys want to show your support, I think this is our best bet to see the story continue in some sort of way.

http://christopherjoneswebminion.tu...890/click-here-to-take-the-survey-hello-young

Hello Young Justice fans!

While I can’t tell you what this is about yet, I can tell you some heavy hitters of the Young Justice creative team will see your answers.

Do your best answer all of these questions as truthfully/honestly as possible. It is very important that we gather accurate data, and your answers will not hurt anybody’s feelings. In fact, the more brutally honest you are, the better.

Please spread this survey far & wide. Certainly, reblog, retweet, and share it! Also, personally ask each of your friends in the Young Justice fandom to come here and fill it out. The success of this kind of thing hinges on collecting as much data as possible, and a personal endorsement goes a long way to help with that goal! :)

to be fair, with g gordon on the scene, darkseid was always on the pull. it was just a matter of time as to when he would. the ending of season makes season, despite it ending

The problem I had with a Darkseid inclusion is I think he would be just too strong for YJ.

Ffs i wanted to see atom nuke something.

Plus Desaad (Season 1) and FatherBox (Season 1 and 2).

More likely a setup for season 3 but now i'm wondering how that time skip greg claimed would fit in lol

Parallax

The problem I had with a Darkseid inclusion is I think he would be just too strong for YJ.

Ffs i wanted to see atom nuke something.

the team had been taking on tons of characters above their power grade. despero, mongul. black beetle. i kinda feel like darkseid would have been a way to get kon to evolve his moveset some. which kinda irks me that we wone see it

Penguin

I don't know.. I didn't think that he "died"

I feel like.. season 3 would start with him fast forwarding a couple of years into the future. Maybe after the Invasion... then going back to try and fix it in present-day... kind of like Impulse

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Speed Force barrier is something only the elite speedsters can touch. I guess Wally would be the first character to enter it based on being SLOWER than his fellow speedsters.

the team had been taking on tons of characters above their power grade. despero, mongul. black beetle. i kinda feel like darkseid would have been a way to get kon to evolve his moveset some. which kinda irks me that we wone see it

Despero was a one off, just looking for a challenge. Mongul and B.beetle are a few tiers below Darkseid. He is a basically a God of his own world. Why on earth would he need to run interference with a bunch of Earth based kids ? We know the producers love to make the league basically useless to amp up the kids, I just don't think a Darkseid appearance would suit.

I don't know.. I didn't think that he "died"

I feel like.. season 3 would start with him fast forwarding a couple of years into the future. Maybe after the Invasion... then going back to try and fix it in present-day... kind of like Impulse

Now Greg's 40 years later timejump would make sense with this ending as a way to probably keep Wally alive but to also show how Impluse's time changed (if any). The last time we saw that place it was still majorly fucked even though Neutron was no longer Neutron due to Impulse's actions.

Parallax

Despero was a one off, just looking for a challenge. Mongul and B.beetle are a few tiers below Darkseid. He is a basically a God of his own world. Why on earth would he need to run interference with a bunch of Earth based kids ? We know the producers love to make the league basically useless to amp up the kids, I just don't think a Darkseid appearance would suit.

below darkseid sure, but they still are outclassed by them. and it shows. going up against darkseid would be just like the other matches. the bruisers would get slapped down like they are regular people, and those with varying powers would stand a better chance.

below darkseid sure, but they still are outclassed by them. and it shows. going up against darkseid would be just like the other matches. the bruisers would get slapped down like they are regular people, and those with varying powers would stand a better chance.

Nahh, everyone on the team looses badly to Omega beams. Either way we'll never see how things would of played out.

More likely a setup for season 3 but now i'm wondering how that time skip greg claimed would fit in lol

Two timelines. Speed + Magnetic Energy = Cosmic Treadmill.

Wally winds up in the future, leading a new version of the Team, likely with characters from future universes like Batman Beyond or Legion of Superheroes (Bart's timeline was moved way up- so can the LOSH), possibly with Carrie Kelly as a Robin, trying to find a way to stop Darkseid and send information back in time to Kaldur's team to prevent the Apokolips Apocalypse.

Blades64

Banned
This is BS. That ending felt so rushed,
and killing off Wally pissed me off (one of my favorite characters in the show)

It's just so disappointing that things had to end this way...

tkscz

Wally isn't dead, he's just running from Death forever trapped in the speed force until someone runs in after him

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm not exactly a optimistic person, hoping that answering surveys will revive a show, but Christopher Jones, artist from the YJ comics, has launched a survey. If you guys want to show your support, I think this is our best bet to see the story continue in some sort of way.

http://christopherjoneswebminion.tu...890/click-here-to-take-the-survey-hello-young

I feel terrible for having to answer 0$ to the money spent question. I WOULD have bought the show from iTunes, but I'm in Canada, and it's not available there.

Now my impression on the episode:

- Unless Wally was
in the Speed Force or got sent in the future,
the way he was treated this season is disgusting.
- I can't really complain about the episode ending with the
Darkseid
tease. They probably never knew the show would be cancelled when they finished that episode. But goddamn it, it was rushed and I'm mad as hell we won't see what happens next.

Kabuto

That ending makes me hate CN so bad. Luthor as an ambassador and an appearance by Darkseid would have made for an amazing season. I thought the episode was good even though some parts could have been more fleshed out.

This definitely felt it should have been a two parter. Some of the conflicts were resolved very quickly, and you could tell they were squeezing lots of things in by the end.

And I should've known it'd end like that. Why does Greg always got to get cancelled when awesome stuff like that happens? Now the best we can hope for is a DTV conclusion.

Dram

I hope in the future writers, on cartoons with over-arching plots, plan ahead and make each season self-contained. No ending on cliff-hangers, if their not guaranteed another season.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I really have to wonder what goes through these guys heads when they cancel such awesome shows... Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers EMH, and now Young Justice. WTF?!!?

That ending was a gut punch too since next season would've been so fucking cool. Stupid ass toys.

Two timelines. Speed + Magnetic Energy = Cosmic Treadmill.

Wally winds up in the future, leading a new version of the Team, likely with characters from future universes like Batman Beyond or Legion of Superheroes (Bart's timeline was moved way up- so can the LOSH), possibly with Carrie Kelly as a Robin, trying to find a way to stop Darkseid and send information back in time to Kaldur's team to prevent the Apokolips Apocalypse.

Yea Penguin's post showed me how it could be possible.

And honestly i would assume you were fucking joking about the Cosmic Treadmill if it wasn't for the Batman: Brave and the Bold episode i saw that had it LOLOL

I never understood the love that GL:TAS got.
Just felt way generic and was very much a children's show, like Ben 10's writers doing a GL show. So many overused tropes and very predictable.

While this episode of YJ was pretty lackluster, it was a proper ending for the entire season and set up the upcoming one. I think, because it's the last episode for the series, it made the episode seem worse because it wasn't a proper series finale. This episode was supposed to be a transition point for the series. If the series had continued, it wouldn't seem as bad and may even have been viewed favorably by most because of its portents.

That said, fuck Mattel for getting this series canceled. CN may have tried to sabotage non-CN properties, but ultimately, it was Mattel's cheapass efforts in producing mediocre toys that kids didn't want to buy that led to YJ's cancellation.

tumblr_lr6hanRSZC1qclv8j.jpg

Thats one of the actual good figures they made though it cost $20.
the problem was
young_justice_batman_robin.jpg

So over produced, and somehow even if you liked those, Clear Speed Force KF and Aqualad were the only ones ever on the shelves.
YoungJusticeKidFlashVariants.jpg
So stupid, even the scale they chose was a mistake.

NEO0MJ

That's considered one of the better figures? And for $20? Damn! never dealt with Mattel, so I had no idea they were so shitty.

Miss Martian really didn't get her comeuppance or faced any real fallout for her actions.

Well, they had the end of the world at hand so I doubt they had time to deal with her problem. But I'm surprised by how fast MM & SB seem to be getting back together.

bryanee

Oh fucking bollocks, just watched the finale and god damn that cliff hanger is such a kick in the twig and giggleberries.

luxsol

Yeah, they look great, but they have all of five points of articulation made out entirely swivels.
They cost as much as a GI Joe that has 5X more articulation and ladened with accessories. While some casual fan who doesn't care at all about toys might look at me funny for these funny words and numbers, but kids can tell whether something is worth it based on these features. The Young Justice toylines were outsold by niche series like GI Joe (yes, niche. it barely had support for the past 3 years in toy aisles and was basically a collectors only line) and Marvel comic book only toylines. Collectors alone maybe make up 10% o toy sales, while kids make up the majority of sales.
Sales that really needed to happen in order for Young Justice to remain on the air, but thanks to Mattel's lackluster effort, kids ignored the line and Young Justice was canceled.

So stupid, even the scale they chose was a mistake.
I honestly see nothing wrong with choosing a different scale. A self contained toyline works well as long as you have enough figures to play with. I mean, Hasbro is pretty much the only toy company that does a 1:18 scale line and they sell very well, while everyone else does 3¾" scale. Hell, even Hasbro's Star Wars lline isn't 1:18 scale.
I don't think kids really don't give a shit about scale anyway. Just look at Transformers, where an F16 is as big as a Beetle (or with toady's kisd, f22 = camaro).

300px-DOTMCyberverseBumblebeeStarscreamPack.jpg

my main problem with this episode was that Lex Luthor was the fucking Willy Wonka of bullshit quick fixes to the problem at hand. it was just lazy writing, and i actually laughed after
Black Beetle's defeat, when Jaime basically says "AND NOW I KNOW THEIR PLAN...BECAUSE!"

not to mention focusing on the Justice League's trial took away time from
the Team SAVING THE WORLD. i mean, i know the fight scenes to put the egg on the machines weren't spectacular, but i would've taken that over Connor and M'gann standing around. could they really not have just shown up in the nick of time? was it really necessary to draw that out?

oh, and Wally's "sacrifice" was shit, too. rushed, poorly handled...look, even if it was done well, the guy hasn't been around for 90% of the season. if you want to create emotional impact for a heroic sacrifice, you don't choose the guy who showed up maybe 3 times, total

They need to tie this up with a direct-to-dvd movie. Redesign Superboy's costume so that he looks like Superman on the DVD case. Maybe add Batgirl in silhouette so that you only see her cape and mask horns.

luxsol

oh, and Wally's "sacrifice" was shit, too. rushed, poorly handled...look, even if it was done well, the guy hasn't been around for 90% of the season. if you want to create emotional impact for a heroic sacrifice, you don't choose the guy who showed up maybe 3 times, total
So you want to create a greater emotional impact by having a character die who hadn't already quit, where his motives aren't known that he didn't want to sacrifice his life on various jobs, and that doesn't want to live a normal life?
West might have only shown up maybe three times, but he was a main character last season and his intentions were well known this season in practically every one of his appearances.

This series is made up of an over arcing storyline where viewers are supposed to know what happened in previous episodes and seasons. While the character they chose to let die maybe cliched, it's still something that would be meaningful to the story and impactful for the characters in the show.

As i said in a previous post, i think people here are viewing this episode as some series finale, when the episode itself was written as a transition to the next season. Taking this into consideration, it's an appropriately done episode, if a bit lackluster. I'm not sure how else they could have hammered the point on how bad the Reach really is, but their effort wasn't bad at least.

Top Bottom