• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Penguin

I guess more forgiving of the show's flaws because I kind of like the idea they are building.

I mean I'm sure there's more to Batman sending them after the Injustice League then keeping up appearances.

I liked that the YJ got their butts handed to them pretty easily in this episode, it shows that they still have a lot to work on. I liked when Aqualad and Artemis used maneuver 7 or whatever, it shows they are coming together as a team, but they still have a lot of rough spots.

I didn't mind The Joker, I mean as a Batman fan, there's one thing you get use to is different versions of characters. You live and learn, you don't moan about it.

*Shrugs*

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Rafa=FedKilla said:
DC just needs to have answer to the Runaways.
I fear for a runaways series. The angst would be turned up to 11. But at least alex would be back. But I would LOVE a young avengers series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Parallax said:
while this is true, connor isnt really asking for much. just a mentor. superman should realize that its better to have a trained superboy than one that doesnt know what hes doing. and hes being a baby about the whole deal. with the way hes acting about it, he might as well be on young justice with the rest of the children. this is the lamest version of supes ive seen yet.

Supes isn't know for handling children well though. And while I very hate "Goddamn Batman" memes, him training the kids makes more sense since he has experience with children.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ookami-kun said:
Supes isn't know for handling children well though. And while I very hate "Goddamn Batman" memes, him training the kids makes more sense since he has experience with children.

superman is seen as a paragon of virtue. hes not being asked to raise him, but to show him the ropes. if this was anyone else, i bet he would be willing to help, but he sees someone that looks like him, and he freaks out. thats out of character

besada

Banned
gketter said:
How this team survived those powerhouse opponents was a bit of a stretch. I'm glad at least they didn't go so far as to say they'd win against them. Joker was not good, Adam was cool to see but I wish they had Cap Marvel come with so we can really see a throwdown. Still one of the strongest episodes of the show.

So the Light is Lex, Ras, Randall Savage, Klarion, the Brian. Am I missing anyone?
Ocean Master and Queen Bee, I think.

Boss Doggie

Parallax said:
superman is seen as a paragon of virtue. hes not being asked to raise him, but to show him the ropes. if this was anyone else, i bet he would be willing to help, but he sees someone that looks like him, and he freaks out. thats out of character

Bats is forcing him to be the kid's father, not just "train" him.

the chris

Dram said:
A show based on the Avengers Initiative/ Avengers Academy would be a good idea.
Oh man that would be awesome, a rotating cast of Avengers teachers and students who graduate to the big leagues. I wouldn't mind Marvel doing an anthology series either that focuses on the parts of the universe that would never get an animated series.

Chairhome

So, the mole has to be
the ball thing
, right?
Just caught up to the latest eps. I love the show. Its got flaws, but I'm really happy with it so far. Great animation. I think it was actually believable that they sent YJ to take care of the Injustice League, Batman addressed it when he told Captain Marvel they needed it to look like the whole JL was fighting the plants, so no one would suspect a counter-attack. Plan B was a total surprise for me, too.

so... were these guys actual fall guys, or were they a setup?

i mean, so Batman suspected they were a diversionary tactic, then he sends the D team to see if the villains will job to them clean or what and the villains fail because they lost to an obviously inferior team?

i dunno...

Parallax said:

Superboy is more or less a "rape baby." Seeing Conner reminds Superman that his DNA was stolen from him against his will, and until he can separate his feelings about Conner's creators from his feelings about Conner himself, he may not feel like he's in much of a position to be a good role model.

Chairhome said:
So, the mole has to be
the ball thing
, right?

Here's my guess:

Evil_Conner.jpg

Boss Doggie

Jorok Goldblade said:
Superboy is more or less a "rape baby." Seeing Conner reminds Superman that his DNA was stolen from him against his will, and until he can separate his feelings about Conner's creators from his feelings about Conner himself, he may not feel like he's in much of a position to be a good role model.

This, very much this. Supes essentially is a victim.

Parallax said:
When did bats force the father role on him?

That eatery scene.

Ookami-kun said:
That eatery scene.
The scene didn't so much tell me that Batman was forcing the role onto him so much as scolding him viciously for not wanting anything to do with him. There's a sort of implied responsibility about it and it almost seems out of character for him to not want to act on this. I mean, what else does Supes have to do in the mean time, family-wise? We haven't seen if Supergirl is in this continuity yet and nothing is EVER said about Lois anymore.

Bats did the right thing in reminding Clark of his responsibilities. No he's not his son, but it';s his DNA and more importantly his powers running amok in the DCU.

Clark needs to get in there and set Conner straight. He's too cool of a character to be abandoned.

Superboy <3

Penguin

So two things, the show really needs to get a proper theme/opening. The one they have now is so plain. Like it seems they put no effort into it

Also do we know if Z is now a perm member of the team?

Ezalc

Red Tornado showing why wind is the best element. Fuck yeah. Also I thought Zatanna would be older and hot already not a teen. Still waiting for Beast Boy to show up in this show.

Prax

Penguin said:
So two things, the show really needs to get a proper theme/opening. The one they have now is so plain. Like it seems they put no effort into it

Also do we know if Z is now a perm member of the team?

But dad just said she was NEVER joining the team!

Notice how Zatanna has two tones in her lips (top lip darker than bottom lip) compared to all the other girls? Does that mean she wears lipstick and the others don't or what? She just seems to have extra design features they didn't bother for anyone else.

Anyway, more girl additions always welcome, so I hope she evetually joins!

I thought the animation was interesting. Id like for them to push it more though. Not just:

random guy attacks, young justice all try to pummel him as he stands there defending in one move.

How about some fluidity and movement? Needs to be more anime-ish in terms of animation.

CaptYamato said:
No way they have the balls to make Booster Gold younger and part of the team.

Too much of Booster's back story is wrapped up in him being an adult. The "College football star turned adult janitor due to his arrogance and self promoting nature" is key to making Booster who he is. He could make a fun Den Mother, or mentor to the new Blue Beetle, though.

Beam said:
It´s funny how kid flash finds out where red tornado is and Batman does not. Great episode i hope Zatanna joins the team.

What I don't get is how talking to Ivo would be considered illogical to find out about Murrow, doesn't Batman regularly slip into Blackgate or Arkham Asylum whenever he needs leads from the convicts

How did Young Justice know about Red Volcano's plans because he only told his siblings. Red Torpedo and Inferno never actually spoke to the kids and Tornado's voice wasn't active so how the heck did they know about the multiple stage plan.

magnificent83 said:
What I don't get is how talking to Ivo would be considered illogical to find out about Murrow, doesn't Batman regularly slip into Blackgate or Arkham Asylum whenever he needs leads from the convicts

How did Young Justice know about Red Volcano's plans because he only told his siblings. Red Torpedo and Inferno never actually spoke to the kids and Tornado's voice wasn't active so how the heck did they know about the multiple stage plan.
1) I'm willing to bet it was actually a training mission for them because Batman knew they'd been wanting to go look for RT.
2) I don't think they so much knew about the plan as KF knew what was happening and thus how to stop it.

Cwarrior

Ep 15

Great episode, best part was the mad scientist back story that felt like it was from batman & the bold

-Was the va of the mad scientist jokers from brave and the bold?
-mad doc and Red Volcano are boss
- Kid flash final has some use in this ep, but his still a joke in a fight
-Zantana should join the team and they should kill off superboy,kid flash,artemis and megan.
-Aqulad forever alone

Top Bottom