• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Jintor

Soooooooooooooooooooo this series good yes/no? Just saw a brief glimpse of a Flash family reunion, reminded me of the DCAU.

Pirabear

Banned
Why doesn't Kid Flash get any screen time? Would it be too much to ask to remove one of the millions of Conner/Megan scenes and have Kid Flash instead? :(

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Penguin said:
I didn't mind The Joker, I mean as a Batman fan, there's one thing you get use to is different versions of characters. You live and learn, you don't moan about it.

*Shrugs*
They gave Joker lines on the level of Robin's word wit. I cannot remain gruntled while listening to such lameness from the J-Man.

Jintor said:
Soooooooooooooooooooo this series good yes/no? Just saw a brief glimpse of a Flash family reunion, reminded me of the DCAU.

Big DCAU fan here...love this show. I got my daughter hooked on JLA/JLU and we are loving experiencing this show together for the first time. :)

We love all the characters, too. Megan is a big favorite with the little girls on our street. She's not going anywhere.

yencid

Pau said:
Haven't seen this posted yet, but here's a teaser poster for Season 2! If it spoils too much, let me know and I'll just link to it instead.
IRPCw.jpg

For a second I mistook Aqualad for Blue Beetle and had a minor freak out. At least I think that's Aqualad... But the girl on the left definitely looks more like
Wonder Girl than Miss Martian
im defintely going to be making the season 2 OT if no one calls it. I already have some ideas for it.

yencid

bloodforge said:
I don't see them actually making it, at least for awhile.
there was a bit of footage of blue beetle from the conference where they announced the new batman show so yeah they are def making it.

ibixjz1yJdwlRK.gif

Wiseblade

yencid said:
there was a bit of footage of blue beetle from the conference where they announced the new batman show so yeah they are def making it.
That may very well be the ugliest thing ever broadcast on television.

Ezalc

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Yes it is.

So Darkseid and crew gonna invade perhaps?

Recognized 6740 Terry McGuinnes

Stop getting my hopes up for Batman Beyond. Such an awesome show, dat intro.

Also, I keep confusing BB for Beast Boy the awesome BB. That live action thing looks terrible.

Pau

yencid said:

ibixjz1yJdwlRK.gif
Huh. Did not know they were still doing this. Well, I really do hope it turns out great and that they take their cues from Giffen and Rogers instead of the new rebooted series. But I would still like to see Blue Beetle appear in Young Justice.

Beam said:
I have never even heard of Blue Beetle . I have to google him.
If you like fun and if the character seems like something you would enjoy, I recommend picking up the trades by Giffen, Rogers, and Hamner! Blue Beetle is definitely one of the best new characters to come from DC, or even superhero comics in recent years. But I'm a bit biased.

That teaser footage doesn't look like El Paso.

And brah mentioning Batman Beyond, there should be a new ongoing comic series with him soon, keeps getting delayed.

Rafa=FedKilla said:

And brah mentioning Batman Beyond, there should be a new ongoing comic series with him soon, keeps getting delayed.

Even in comics Terry gets little recognition : (

Jintor

Jaime was right up there with Terry for awesome snarky kid hero status. Hope he ends up in Young Justice. When I get some time, definitely gonna watch YJ.

Ezalc

Rafa=FedKilla said:

I heard about the fact that he was getting a comic but I was wondering why it was such a long time since there was any news about it. I was hoping the new comics would be able to make some interesting villains for the Batman Beyond series. At least Static is doing good.

Ezalc said:
I heard about the fact that he was getting a comic but I was wondering why it was such a long time since there was any news about it. I was hoping the new comics would be able to make some interesting villains for the Batman Beyond series. At least Static is doing good.
Over the summer the creator tweeted it would be one of the new 52's, but now it will come out early next year after the mini series trade is released.

bloodforge said:
Just test footage, nothing will probably come out of it.

They announced at the DC Nation part of the cartoon Network presentation that they are going forward with a live action Blu Beetle show.

Pau said:
If you like fun and if the character seems like something you would enjoy, I recommend picking up the trades by Giffen, Rogers, and Hamner! Blue Beetle is definitely one of the best new characters to come from DC, or even superhero comics in recent years. But I'm a bit biased.
I don´t have these comics where i live. There are only the most popular DC figures like Batman superman and WW. Thanks for the tip.
yencid said:
first time i heard of him was from the batman the brave and the bold cartoon and i loved him.

CaptYamato said:
Well it should be pointed out that the one it that teaser is the third Blue Beetle.
Thanks guys. Than i will check out the series when it starts airing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I wouldn't say to ignore the new series. Jaime deserves to be in print and that means he gets my support on his new book!

But yeah, Beam, definitely check him out on the Batman: Brave and the Bold series. Lots of appearances and done really well. You can usually find most eps on YouTube.

sophora

I still gotta catch up on the series, watched only the first episode but totally digging it. Might just watch the rest this week, or just marathon through it on the weekend.

krypt0nian said:
They announced at the DC Nation part of the cartoon Network presentation that they are going forward with a live action Blu Beetle show.
Eh, hadn't read about that. I can't see it turning out well.

Pau

Ookami-kun said:
I'd be disappointed if Jaime isn't Latin.
Disappointed? That's one word for it... But no, DC wouldn't be stupid enough to cast a non-Hispanic actor for the role.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Pau said:
Haven't seen this posted yet, but here's a teaser poster for Season 2! If it spoils too much, let me know and I'll just link to it instead.
IRPCw.jpg

For a second I mistook Aqualad for Blue Beetle and had a minor freak out. At least I think that's Aqualad... But the girl on the left definitely looks more like
Wonder Girl than Miss Martian

The new Avatar series, Legend of Korra, I'm assuming.

im still curious as to who that is next to robin. it doesnt look like kon to me.

Jintor

This series is great. A little more adolescent than I would like though. Also Dick is a lot more of a dick in this series.

Jintor

Oooh, a 'How We Got Here' episode.

/edit Ooooh,
Psimon!

//edit lol, "North and South Rewlasia"... lol, conversion from metric to imperial. Hah, the Cheshire/Roy tension is delicious.

///edit Hah, legal action in Earth 16. I love it. FUCK YEAH
WALLER
oh seriously you're keeping fucking
Hugo Strange
on staff?

/edit lol southern
nygma?

I can't say I'm a big fan of Freeze in this universe though. Way too willing to work with others and no focus on Nora (as far as I can see). He's just some dude with Ice powers.

/edit Who's this goddamn Quanari dude? And this feral dude? Though I do think that's Croc...

///edit really. Robin, you're going to go after Aqualad for trust issues? Srsly? Alternate continuities and all, but still.

lol Captain Marvel. 'Hey, Wisdom of Solomon'. So awesome how he's a super naive kid and also a Superman-level threat at the same time

Wow, Aqualad is so boss. Just sitting through their bullshit criticism.

///edit HAHAHA PLANET OF THE APES REFERENCE

///edit oh my god this is grand.
The Brain is so french. His fancy lightswitch is amazing
. Is the tiger a reference to anything? I think he's (she's?) a Captain Marvel reference.

////edit THAT ENDING lol

Wow. That's hideous
Joker
design.
I miss Mark Hamil so much, glad we have Arkham City.

I swear I saw Static and Gear on the schoolbus, though HOLY SHIT
GUY

Jintor

Just finished the Zatara episode. AWESOMESAUCE.

I guess I'm up to date? 15 episodes in a day, amaze.

I spotted the Golden Age Sandman while TOMorrow was storytelling. Pretty cool.

Dali

So I think I'm caught up on the new episodes. I like the series in general but the whole leader in waiting thing they keep bringing up with robin is sort of annoying. Aqualad keeps deferring to robin and it's a little embarassing. They can't just have a minority leader and leave it at that? Like robin's blessing on aqualad's decision to keep the team in the dark about the mole seemed to really make aqualad proud. He's the leader. Who cares what robin thinks?

Top Bottom