• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Cwarrior said:
ep 15

good episode, best part was the mad doctor back story that felt like it was from batman & the bold

-was the va of the mad docotor jokers from brave and the bold?
- kid flash continues to be a usless joke
-zantana should join the team and they should kill off superboy,kid flash,artemis and megan.
-aqulad forever alone

How's KF useless? He knew what was going on and saved everyone a trip from nuclear winter.

Cwarrior said:
Ep 15

Good episode, best part was the mad scientist back story that felt like it was from batman & the bold

-Was the va of the mad scientist jokers from brave and the bold?
- Kid flash continues to be a sad usless joke
-Zantana should join the team and they should kill off superboy,kid flash,artemis and megan.
-Aqulad forever alone

What the hell man. Terrible ideas.

Penguin

Error said:
wtf Artemis is cool!

the only unlikeable member of the team is Superboy.

Artemis is slowly moving up the list as my favorite character on the show.

Use to be Aqualad because he was most level-headed, but she has some awesome one liners.

Also I liked the little touch that Zatanna's normal costume was her stealth one since mostly all black.

WTF?!? Wally is fucking hilarious on the show. They nailed the young him. This young genius that is a giant goof ball. The only thing I don't like is his powers seemed to be dumbed down. I understand why they did it though. Speedsters are fucking over powered.

I like almost everyone. If they dialed back Superboy a notch it would help and Aqualad just doesn't click with me a whole lot but he has his uses. I just want more Robin. And bring Zatanna into the group. Still love the little "souvenir" touches they throw in.

VGChampion said:
I like almost everyone. If they dialed back Superboy a notch it would help and Aqualad just doesn't click with me a whole lot but he has his uses. I just want more Robin. And bring Zatanna into the group. Still love the little "souvenir" touches they throw in.

I'd probably say that Aqualad has a sense of beyond his years which defines his character but he doesn't jell with the other personalities. Everyone has their teenage quirks, him...not so much. Not saying its a bad thing, though learning to be a leader is nice to watch.

Shapingo said:
Until Cassandra Sandsmark shows up.

Have they confirmed that she's joining?

I'm digging the show thus far, watching them fight Not-Ultron was pretty fun.

And between Zatanna and Barbara, Robin has learned his lessons well.

Cwarrior

krypt0nian said:
"Great episode, just kill of the majority of the cast."

Some opinions are so fucked.

Would make for much better show :)

I find myself routing for the villains a lot of time lately, in hopes they would crush those darn kids.
Outside of robin and aqua lad the other heroes aren’t like able or some being really darn annoying (super boy).

Super boy- annoying angst hulk
Artemis- she's ok until she opens her mouth
Kid flash- his the background joke character who the writers hate and troll
Megan-"duh megan" not sure if she's trying to be funny but she not.

Plus am not even sure why her powers are so inconsistent, only are useful when the writer wants it to, she should be overpowered as fuck.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Robin didn't just learn how to be a great detective from Batman, he also learned how to pimp with style.

Ezalc

The only character I actually like is Aqualad. Wally has his moments, superboy is irritating with the whole GAH ANGRY thing all the time, Megan has dialed back the HELLO MEGAN which is good but she should be way more powerful and yet still gets her ass kicked, Robin's dumbass gimmick of you should be more traught instead of distraught is one of the most fucking annoying things a cartoon character has done in recent memory for me, as for Artemis her halfass feisty wondergirl routine is dull.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Robin has toned down on that gimmick, I agree it was annoying as fuck he did it like 2 or 3 times per episode.

Ezalc

Error said:
Robin has toned down on that gimmick, I agree it was annoying as fuck he did it like 2 or 3 times per episode.

Thankfully it seems like they all have toned down on their gimmicks. Still kind of annoying though.

Nesotenso

Ezalc said:
The only character I actually like is Aqualad. Wally has his moments, superboy is irritating with the whole GAH ANGRY thing all the time, Megan has dialed back the HELLO MEGAN which is good but she should be way more powerful and yet still gets her ass kicked, Robin's dumbass gimmick of you should be more traught instead of distraught is one of the most fucking annoying things a cartoon character has done in recent memory for me, as for Artemis her halfass feisty wondergirl routine is dull.

Judging the season as a whole, the writing on this show has been terrible. Not Wiseman's best effort.

Spectacular Spider-man was head and shoulders above this with Peter being genuinely entertaining. At least the animation (outsourced to Korea) is nice.

Cwarrior said:
Would make for much better show :)

I find myself routing for the villains a lot of time lately, in hopes they would crush those darn kids.
Outside of robin and aqua lad the other heroes aren’t like able or some being really darn annoying (super boy).

Super boy- annoying angst hulk
Artemis- she's ok until she opens her mouth
Kid flash- his the background joke character who the writers hate and troll
Megan-"duh megan" not sure if she's trying to be funny but she not.

Plus am not even sure why her powers are so inconsistent, only are useful when the writer wants it to, she should be overpowered as fuck.
Then stop watching the show and look elsewhere .

benzy

So is Young Justice in a different time universe or something? I thought Zatanna had a thing for batman, not robin.

benzy said:
So is Young Justice in a different time universe or something? I thought Zatanna had a thing for batman, not robin.

Yes, this is Earth 15/16. Im hoping they meet their Earth 1 or New Earth Teen Ttitans version :)

Just watched the ep, thought it was pretty good. Hope Zatanna joins the team.

Am I the only one who likes all the characters? None of them really bother me.

Subitai

bloodforge said:
Just watched the ep, thought it was pretty good. Hope Zatanna joins the team.

Am I the only one who likes all the characters? None of them really bother me.
Yes, I like them all too.

vectorman06 said:
Then stop watching the show and look elsewhere .

Exactly. The constant "I hate all the characters" thing is shitting up the thread.

They are not going to kill the whole cast. Get over it.

Ezalc said:

Same thing applies here.

ZoddGutts

krypt0nian said:
You must not know of his past work. This show is excellent, along the lines of JLU.

Not really. It's okay though, it has it's moments.

I don't want any characters to die, just for some chill ones to be added. Recognized: 0127 Blue Beetle.

Shame Plastic Man nor Booster Gold can't be added to the cast.

Slayven said:
That wisdom of solomon must be only used when it is time for Captain Marvel to catch the short bus.

Yeah in 2 eps he didn't exactly display alot of it. Also he's just a big kid I mean what are we to expect?

Slayven

Urban Scholar said:
Yeah in 2 eps he didn't exactly display alot of it. Also he's just a big kid I mean what are we to expect?
A balance like in the comics. They have depicted his kidness, but at the same time displayed a maturity beyond his years.

magnificent83 said:
What I don't get is how talking to Ivo would be considered illogical to find out about Murrow, doesn't Batman regularly slip into Blackgate or Arkham Asylum whenever he needs leads from the convicts

How did Young Justice know about Red Volcano's plans because he only told his siblings. Red Torpedo and Inferno never actually spoke to the kids and Tornado's voice wasn't active so how the heck did they know about the multiple stage plan.
the plan wasn't multiple stages, there were multiple stages to the volcanic eruption.

Ezalc said:
why are you so upset? you should try to be more set.

Spike said:
The preview for Ultimate Spider-Man looks pretty good.
Yup, looking forward to some shows next year and SM is on the top (Under LoK).

Oh, and it was canned because Disney took away the rights to making TV SM from Sony so that they could make their own ... which is this new SM show.

I wonder when we're gonna get these deaths they kept talking about. All the characters have so much to offer that I don't really know who WOULD die ... but I feel like AL is gonna be the first to go :[

He doesn't have the Plot Armor of Robin (the next in line to be the leader), the "unknown past" of Artemis, the angst of SB, the KF gimmick of being "annoying person that's also the nameless grunt beater who knows super science". Him and Megan are the only ones I could see dying.

... But he does have that whole "his Daddy is a villain and he may not know it" thing going for him so who knows.

Ezalc

krypt0nian said:
Same thing applies here.

I don't want the characters to die, I just want them to be better. Only time I wanted them to die is when they were sent to face Black Adam I mean c'mon man, all that happened was a broken arm?

The Faceless Master said:
why are you so upset? you should try to be more set.

Rage rising.

Black-Wind said:
Yup, looking forward to some shows next year and SM is on the top (Under LoK).

Oh, and it was canned because Disney took away the rights to making TV SM from Sony so that they could make their own ... which is this new SM show.

I wonder when we're gonna get these deaths they kept talking about. All the characters have so much to offer that I don't really know who WOULD die ... but I feel like AL is gonna be the first to go :[

He doesn't have the Plot Armor of Robin (the next in line to be the leader), the "unknown past" of Artemis, the angst of SB, the KF gimmick of being "annoying person that's also the nameless grunt beater who knows super science". Him and Megan are the only ones I could see dying.

... But he does have that whole "his Daddy is a villain and he may not know it" thing going for him so who knows.
What is LoK?

number47

o_O, people forgetting that the whole team is just teenagers. Like someone is going to get mad at the inevitable episode of someone getting addicted to a drug that powers them up because they feel weaker to others. it will probably be red arrow.

Pau

Haven't seen this posted yet, but here's a teaser poster for Season 2! If it spoils too much, let me know and I'll just link to it instead.
IRPCw.jpg

For a second I mistook Aqualad for Blue Beetle and had a minor freak out. At least I think that's Aqualad... But the girl on the left definitely looks more like
Wonder Girl than Miss Martian

Rafa=FedKilla said:
What is LoK?
The new Avatar series, Legend of Korra, I'm assuming.

Top Bottom