• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

MisterHero

People can hate Aquaman all they want, he rules the oceans, like 70% of the Earth's surface

That's more of Earth than Superman. When's the last time Superman actually went underwater for an adventure

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Really? The way she was speaking to Parasite had a tinge of condescension to it, something you almost never hear with MM, even against villains. Even her voice changed a bit.

No i thought it too.. i dont know what it was.. she just seemed a bit blunt / flat or something odd

People can hate Aquaman all they want, he rules the oceans, like 70% of the Earth's surface

That's more of Earth than Superman. When's the last time Superman actually went underwater for an adventure

2022354-a20791a129c8962bf514b6_m.jpeg

Best version of aquaman ever.

Slayven

Bit off topic, but they should probably be careful with the Animal man shorts. Too much of his saving animals over people, and hes in danger of becoming the next aquaman: a character with a single trait people think of (talking to fish, saving animals) that no one takes seriously.
Best Animal Man was space animal using and Starfire banging Animal Man.

Tizoc

Good ep. IMO, was surprised at the villain of this week's ep., glad to see Supes' villains showing up.

He also talked down Cthulhu-
rTpVj.jpg

CDgKJ.jpg

Sucks to hear, but at least I got Artemis and the Rha's/Cheshire sets before they go boom.

I feel sorry for the 10 people who were hoping to get a Rocket figure, though.

No, bad Red Arrow. You don't drop an issue you had for 3/4 of the season that could have a huge impact on the team and that YOU brought up in the first place.

You are now my mole suspect #1.

Roy is completely innocent.

Probably, but you don't drop an issue that big that fast. It just comes off as bad writing.

Ouch :(

No, bad Red Arrow. You don't drop an issue you had for 3/4 of the season that could have a huge impact on the team and that YOU brought up in the first place.

You are now my mole suspect #1.

Yeah this really bugged me too, it was an absurd, ridiculous heel-faced turn. I mean I could understand if it were an apology to Artemis for being such a dick to her, but to just go "None of you are the mole :D" so cheerfully was just bizarre. I keep thinking, "I bet it's just an act so the potential mole can be caught off guard."

Also Superboy's Drug problem. Wow.

Would REALLY suck if the series ended after Season 2. That will be TWO shows in a row for Weisman that met the same fate for such petty reasons.

This sucks. YJ is at a JLU level of quality. Maybe we'll get a continuation like JL to JLU....

Well it's hard to seel toys when you show two episodes then wait three months. Show a few more then wait two months. Few more than wait four months. And now it's back after nearly six months. You just can't do that.

Flash

this sucks....:( i really like the show too.

and all because the stupid ass scheduling... easily the worst I've ever seen.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Well it's hard to seel toys when you show two episodes then wait three months. Show a few more then wait two months. Few more than wait four months. And now it's back after nearly six months. You just can't do that.

pretty much. cn shot this show in the back forcing it to appear before it was finished.

Dram

So how will this effect the second season? Will they finish the season or will they cut their losses and just show the episodes they have done?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Was anybody else weirded out by how MM was acting near the end of the episode?

I definitely was. I also noticed she was wearing her black/Invasion suit when she was like that...
Yeah it's her night suit or whatever but still.

Mononofu

No hope for a third season.

I wouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion. WB has other revenue streams (Comics, upcoming YJ legacy game) and ratings are good. Green Lantern TAS doesn't even have a toy line yet.

Edit: From what I hear on Toonzone DC All-Stars, Legacy, and JLU toy lines were also canned.

abundant

I wouldn't immediately jump to that conclusion. WB has other revenue streams (Comics, upcoming YJ legacy game) and ratings are good. Green Lantern TAS doesn't even have a toy line yet.

They also have fast food chains like McDonalds. They recently had GL toys for their Happy Meals.

Dear Cartoon Network,

Let me tell you about a show called Firefly.

It was only able to find its audience on DVD boxed sets post cancellation because that was the only way the audience was able to find it.

Get your act together when it comes to scheduling, before you kill the best superhero cartoon on TV.

Sincerely,

The Fans.

Mononofu

The word from Matty collector

http://www.facebook.com/notes/mattycollectorcom/dc-line-update-more-great-toys-to-come/10150691902103401

Toy Fans,

You may have heard that the time is nearing for the end of the Young Justice toy line. While we’re as bummed as you are, we want to be sure you know this doesn’t in any way mean the end of DC toys from Mattel. In fact, it’s quite the opposite!

Next month kicks off not one, but two new lines: our DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription service dedicated to true collector characters you won’t find at retail. The first shipment goes out in May and features an all-new 6” Golden Age The Flash figure. If you missed out on this awesome subscription, a limited quantity will also be available at MattyCollector.com on May 15th at 9am PT. Then, in late May, head to your local retailer and you’ll find The Dark Knight Rises, a kid-targeted Batman™ line. And for 2013, we’re planning an innovative collector-aimed line coming to retail stores.

Keep your eye on this spot and we’ll have more details as they’re available. Our partnership with DC is stronger than ever and we couldn’t be more excited for all the amazing new collector and kid toys to come!

-Matty

Slayven

Dear Cartoon Network,

Let me tell you about a show called Firefly.

It was only able to find its audience on DVD boxed sets post cancellation because that was the only way the audience was able to find it.

Get your act together when it comes to scheduling, before you kill the best superhero cartoon on TV.

Sincerely,

The Fans.

Did they straighten out their production issues?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well Invasion will be premiering the week after the finale(aka the current schedule), so its possible

I don't get this network.

- Breaks up a normal season and calls the second part "season two" even though the production team and other networks still consider it season one. (Scooby-Doo: MI)

- Break up another series' first season multiple times but keep calling it season one, then have season two follow it with no break whatsoever.

Crazy people.

Khezu

Probably the best episode so far, hope it can continue to not be terrible.

Sportsmaster family are the best characters in the show.

SykoTech

And with that epsiode, I can safely say that this show is on the God-tier level that Spectacular Spider-man was. Even got my wish to see the whole team fight together, new members and all. Well done, Weisman and team. Makes me really sad that this show might meet Spectacular's fate (reading the posts above). :(

But hey, there's still a lot to look forward to. Next episode's gonna be goooood.

And Aqualad may not be forever alone anymore! Jokes aside, Rocket's cool. Not even really bothered that she was just slapped on the team like all of the other females aside from Zatanna.

Big spoilers:
Knew the mole was gonna be either Aqualad or Red Arrow. Always the least suspicious ones. I guess Roy will be off the League once all this is over

Watching this English dubbed was a little different. A few lines were clearly handled differently. (I'm not as fond of Rocket and Riddler's english voices either. I mean they're ok...)

Since this is the episode that basically locked my suspicion, who else wonders (possibly S2 thing)
that Aqualad is still going to end up being some sort of Season 2 betrayal or mole? We know about the Black Manta thing, and how some of the comic details seem to line up even when the creatives initially say they won't, like the Green Martian/White Martian thing. If he knew about it already, he didn't volunteer it during the "team share" session. Aqualad has been absent more frequently, maybe as bad writing, but it was really obvious for the circus episode, they even had Robin make a big deal out of it. When Aqualad faces Lex, in the leaked dubs there was a reference to "if you're going to pretend to detain me," although that could have just been a rough (fan?) translation, as the dub line was different. But barring that, there is the point where he watches the helicopter take off without pursuing, then calls Rocket back from pursuing.

You could argue he's just trying to not spread the team out too thin, but the way the shots are being framed, it does fit the style of how the show handles dropping hints. The pauses, the lack of close focus on Aqualad lately... I just think the writers already have a card up their sleeve for Season 2, after we think the mole business is supposedly over.

I don't remember anything sticking out about the final episode, so that's why I'm posting this now while it's still fresh in people's minds to consider.

And with that epsiode, I can safely say that this show is on the God-tier level that Spectacular Spider-man was. Even got my wish to see the whole team fight together, new members and all. Well done, Weisman and team. Makes me really sad that this show might meet Spectacular's fate (reading the posts above). :(

But hey, there's still a lot to look forward to. Next episode's gonna be goooood.

And Aqualad may not be forever alone anymore! Jokes aside, Rocket's cool. Not even really bothered that she was just slapped on the team like all of the other females aside from Zatanna.

Big spoilers:
Knew the mole was gonna be either Aqualad or Red Arrow. Always the least suspicious ones. I guess Roy will be off the League once all this is over

I think Rocket's inclusion isn't that bad since there was a reason she ended up there and it also brought back memories of how it was before the Team was created.
(where she complains she should be there celebrating with Icon and not knowing the pecking order when it comes to sidekicks.)

Measley

This is a good show, but the scheduling is really terrible. Where I live it used to come on Fridays at 6:30 pm and repeat on Saturday mornings. For whatever reason, they stopped showing it Friday night, and made Saturday morning the premiere episode. For a while I thought the show got cancelled until I read this thread 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, this was an amazing episode. Loved the action sequences, and the ending, and pretty amped about
Batman vs Robin.

BTW, what are YJ's chances vs. the JL? I mean, I know they're going to lose badly, but how badly and how quickly would they get obliterated by that version of the JL? Just curious about everyone's opinion about that match-up.

This is a good show, but the scheduling is really terrible. Where I live it used to come on Fridays at 6:30 pm and repeat on Saturday mornings. For whatever reason, they stopped showing it Friday night, and made Saturday morning the premiere episode. For a while I thought the show got cancelled until I read this thread 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, this was an amazing episode. Loved the action sequences, and the ending, and pretty amped about
Batman vs Robin.

BTW, what are YJ's chances vs. the JL? I mean, I know they're going to lose badly, but how badly and how quickly would they get obliterated by that version of the JL? Just curious about everyone's opinion about that match-up.

saw the final episode already so i know how it will go. All i'll say is that they had to think outside the box.

Top Bottom