• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Slayven

Why the fuck does Bane always get beaten by having his Venom circulation cut off?
THIS IS 20-FUCKING-12, THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO ROID UP WITH VENOM WITHOUT USING A FUCKING TUBE LIKE THAT!

Otherwise great ep.
...and I still can't believe the finale's next week...I want more adventures of the team =(

Well in comics Bane dropped venom a long time ago.

Tizoc

Well in comics Bane dropped venom a long time ago.

You now make me want to reread Secret Six...they should make a Secret Six animated series
with coupious Deadshot and Catman bromance X3
...now if only I can remember which issue/TPB had Bane use Venom to save Scandal...

Why the fuck does Bane always get beaten by having his Venom circulation cut off?
THIS IS 20-FUCKING-12, THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO ROID UP WITH VENOM WITHOUT USING A FUCKING TUBE LIKE THAT!

Otherwise great ep.
...and I still can't believe the finale's next week...I want more adventures of the team =(
Doesn't the second season start the week after? It will probably team adventures for the most part.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know why CN is so against Blu-ray seasons of their shows. It was a crime with Scooby MI and it's a travesty here.

(Internet hyperbole, but you get the point.)

Production Update: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=943
YJ UPDATE
It's been a bit of a while, so I thought I'd post a production update on Young Justice:
SEASON ONE
101-125 have all aired.
126 airs this coming Saturday and Sunday on Cartoon Network. (Check local listings and cable guides.) It's our big finale. You REALLY don't want to miss it.
SEASON TWO
201-206 are all in the can, and currently scheduled to begin airing one week after our Season One Finale. (Which makes me happy.)
207 - We previewed the music score today and we're mixing it on Thursday. If all goes well, it should be in the can by Tuesday at the latest.
208 - We spotted the music today. And should be in the can one week after 207.
209 comes back from overseas tomorrow for retakes and editing.
210-211 should arrive on the heals of 209. We still need to pick up one actor (who was unavailable at the time of the original recording) for these two shows in ADR, but that'll take about an hour or two for both episodes. It won't cause any delays.
212-216 are all overseas being animated.
217 ships today.
218 is in storyboard revision.
219 is waiting for Brandon and I to give notes on the storyboard.
220 - The board is being cleaned up now for notes.
COMIC BOOK
Issues 0-14 have all hit the stands and are available at stores or on-line.
Issue 15 concludes our Atlantis two-parter hits the stands this week.
Issue 16 is at the printers.
Issue 17 is being pencilled.
Issue 18 is scripted and waiting its turn.
Issue 19 is plotted and is being scripted now.
Issues 20-22 have been pretty much locked down story-wise, i.e. I know exactly what stories we're telling in these issues.
Issues 23 and Beyond - I've already got a fairly clear idea of where we're going and what stories we're going to tell. Not locked in, but I'm pretty clear.
Looks like they can air 8 episodes of season 2 and go on break for the summer, well if CN wants to anyways.

Question. Is there any particular reason for the sudden favoritism Vandel Savage is getting recently in DC animation?

Anything's better than the constant Brainiac obsession they had for a while.

I'm not saying Brainiac's not a good villain with a lot of plot options, but wow did they love to go back to him over and over.

Jintor

One of my favourite episodes in all of DC Animation is the Justice League episode where Supes gets flung forward in time where the only person left alive on all of Earth is Vandal.

They totally bro out.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
One of my favourite episodes in all of DC Animation is the Justice League episode where Supes gets flung forward in time where the only person left alive on all of Earth is Vandal.

They totally bro out.

I've barely watched any of JL but I've seen that little arc and really enjoyed it! and now I know who the guy is (Vandal!) cool.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

They totally bro out.

Easily one of the most classic episodes of JL, and that's saying something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My only hate so far is The Light - pretty much hate the "we failed but we got something anyway!" bullshit in villains being used frequently. Hated it with Xanathos, hated it with Bishop, and I hated it here. It's good in small doses but if it's used always you kinda wonder why they kept on stalling.

Mononofu

Thank FinalAvalanche From Toonzone forums:

"Young Justice" Comic Sales Steady, "The All-New Batman: The Brave And The Bold" Rises

The February 2012 issue of Young Justice, issue #13, sold an estimated 7,235 copies to comic shops in North America. The title has been holding very level for the past three months, with a fluctuation of roughly 1% - positive and negative - from issue to issue. The title's direct tie-ins to the storylines of the Young Justice animated series have brought a consistent audience to the comic. Please note these numbers do not take into account copies appearing on newsstands or sold digitally.

Nice.

Supposedly DVD sales are not good. When will studios learn nickel and diming the customer in four episode increments is not a smart idea?

General+Zod+Eat+Your+Heart+Out.jpg

Ha.

They totally bro out.

Best ep right there if not top. I loved how he was like...well I won but then over time I realized I was wrong man. The scene when we smiled fading away...oh~

Gotta say, as the father of a 5-year old girl who LOVES super heroes, my heart runneth over with gratitude for the creators of this show. With Rocket on the team the gender split is equal, and the female characters are all interesting and distinct from each other...and, perhaps more importantly, they are all badasses. Not a damsel in distress in the bunch. Every week my daughter finds herself debating who her favorite is, while her dad enjoys the show and grins from ear to ear.

Exceptional diversity, too. This show generates such great discussions between us.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Gotta say, as the father of a 5-year old girl who LOVES super heroes, my heart runneth over with gratitude for the creators of this show. With Rocket on the team the gender split is equal, and the female characters are all interesting and distinct from each other. Every week my daughter finds herself debating over who her favorite is, while her dad enjoys the show and grins from ear to ear.

Exceptional diversity, too. This show generates such great discussions between us.

no interracial dating though. which is kinda funny to me.

Parallax

Ms. Martian and Superboy don't count, eh?

i doubt it. since the person that mgann imprinted herself on is a white character and superboy is half krytonian but visibly caucasian. but even then, its an interspecies relationship... with someone who can modify their genetic structure to be more accomidating for other species. i just find it hilarious that rocket just focused on kaldur. not roy, or kon, or the other dudes.

Wally and Artemis don't count?

ok, i did forget about those two.

I really dislike Rocket's voice actor. She sounds so much like Rogue from X-Men Evo.

huh? i have to rewatch episodes because i dont remember what rogue sounds like.

Wally and Artemis aren't "official" though, are they?

...and with that sentence I shall now transform into a 12-year old girl.

i doubt it. since the person that mgann imprinted herself on is a white character. i just find it hilarious that rocket just focused on kaldur. not roy, or kon, or the other dudes.

Considering her big reveal this week I'm gonna give them a pass despite the imprint. Good point about rocket and kaldur, though. We'll see what develops.

Poyunch

So for those who've seen the season 2 promo from a long time ago.
Do you think Miss Martian got a haircut or do you think she just shrunk her hair?
This question should be taken very seriously.

Wally and Artemis aren't "official" though, are they?

...and with that sentence I shall now transform into a 12-year old girl.

Considering her big reveal this week I'm gonna give them a pass despite the imprint. Good point about rocket and kaldur, though. We'll see what develops.

If you really want to know
They kissed in the final ep. Kid flash lifts her up like in the memory loss episode and he commented that "he should have done this a long time ago". Will it continue in Invasion? i guess we will see

She sounds like the daughter from The Cleveland Show.

And we all know how Aqualad should get his boogey.

1675115-554.jpg

Well you know where I stand on that subject. Garth still robbed him...I'm just saying

So for those who've seen the season 2 promo from a long time ago.
Do you think Miss Martian got a haircut or do you think she just shrunk her hair?
This question should be taken very seriously.

Oh man...mind is kinda blown considering you know the silliness behind it.

Jintor

Really? Huh.

Well I was off on that one ;p Always thought she was Latino/Hispanic.

Her mum is pretty clearly asian.
As is her sister

I'm rewatching that Justice League Episode I was talking about earlier. You know, I think Young Justice is pretty good. But almost every part of the classic DC Animated Universe is fucking pitch perfect. Every. Single. Part.

I need to get me some goddamn boxsets.

Latino refers to guys, you mean latina.

I learned something new today

I am awfully embarrassed about flubbing on Artemis' race. I think I had just determined in my head the first time I saw her that she was Latina and selectively ignored all subsequent evidence to the contrary.

Parallax

I learned something new today

I am awfully embarrassed about flubbing on Artemis' race. I think I had just determined in my head the first time I saw her that she was Latina and selectively ignored all subsequent evidence to the contrary.

I forget she was biracial too, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom