• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

shira

And with that epsiode, I can safely say that this show is on the God-tier level that Spectacular Spider-man was. Even got my wish to see the whole team fight together, new members and all. Well done, Weisman and team. Makes me really sad that this show might meet Spectacular's fate (reading the posts above). :(

But hey, there's still a lot to look forward to. Next episode's gonna be goooood.

And Aqualad may not be forever alone anymore! Jokes aside, Rocket's cool. Not even really bothered that she was just slapped on the team like all of the other females aside from Zatanna.

Big spoilers:
Knew the mole was gonna be either Aqualad or Red Arrow. Always the least suspicious ones. I guess Roy will be off the League once all this is over
It is nowhere near god-tier, but it is damn good.

Can't wait for S2, which should finish in about 2014.

Roy is totally innocent, but it will be interesting how they handle Red Arrow next season though. Wiseman is pretty good with this kind of trope

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Heh. Hawkman and hawkgirls wings need to be more malleable than they are. Standing straight up while they kneel? I'm sure nth is more flexible than that.

NEO0MJ

Great episode, definitely one of the best this season.

Question. Is there any particular reason for the sudden favoritism Vandel Savage is getting recently in DC animation?

Wiseblade

Amazing episode. The last couple episodes hinted pretty hard that Red Arrow was the mole in hindsight, but I'm glad I picked it up. JL vs YJ next episode?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm just a bit disappointed that he was the mole against his will and was brainwashed or something like that.

Still gasped at the reveal, though.

This is a good show, but the scheduling is really terrible. Where I live it used to come on Fridays at 6:30 pm and repeat on Saturday mornings. For whatever reason, they stopped showing it Friday night, and made Saturday morning the premiere episode. For a while I thought the show got cancelled until I read this thread 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, this was an amazing episode. Loved the action sequences, and the ending, and pretty amped about
Batman vs Robin.

BTW, what are YJ's chances vs. the JL? I mean, I know they're going to lose badly, but how badly and how quickly would they get obliterated by that version of the JL? Just curious about everyone's opinion about that match-up.

[Final Episode Spoiler]
JLA is no slouch, and at certain points it's a little frightening how overpowered they are compared to YJ. At one point one the team members remarks at how amazing it is that they aren't all dead. Reason being, the mind controlled JLA members are actually less effective than normal due to receiving their instructions externally.

[Final Episode Spoiler]
JLA is no slouch, and at certain points it's a little frightening how overpowered they are compared to YJ. At one point one the team members remarks at how amazing it is that they aren't all dead. Reason being, the mind controlled JLA members are actually less effective than normal due to receiving their instructions externally.

hmmm you don't say...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
How do you guys know how the finale goes? It hasn't even aired yet.

MTU078.jpg

I was confused how out in the open Superboy, Ms Martian, and Artemis' revelations were.

To be fair they were the biggest suspects (ignoring Red Arrow being a bitch to them) and i guess they also got tired of it. Plus where is best place to lay it all out? in front of the team they are accused of being the mole.

How do you guys know how the finale goes? It hasn't even aired yet.

it aired in another country

Well yeah let me join in and say WOW at that episode. I kept thinking over the course of the episodes "Oh man, there's gonna be a big fallout. Big betrayals everywhere. And then, wow, completely unexpected twist. And another big twist ending.

I have to say, in hindsight:

When they first showed that mysterious alien tentacle. I immediately thought "Starro" which led me to believe there was going to be some kind of Mind-controlled League plot which would lead to the YJ team fighting the League. It's too perfectly symbolic to pass up.

I'm most curious about how they "got" Red Arrow and why he seemed to come out of it RIGHT when he accomplished the task. I assume the next episode will explain it.

yencid

Well yeah let me join in and say WOW at that episode. I kept thinking over the course of the episodes "Oh man, there's gonna be a big fallout. Big betrayals everywhere. And then, wow, completely unexpected twist. And another big twist ending.

When they first showed that mysterious alien tentacle. I immediately thought "Starro" which led me to believe there was going to be some kind of Mind-controlled League plot which would lead to the YJ team fighting the League. It's too perfectly symbolic to pass up.

I'm most curious about how they "got" Red Arrow and why he seemed to come out of it RIGHT when he accomplished the task. I assume the next episode will explain it.

it does.

somedevil

Yep. He has been given leadership roles in two of the most recent animations.

Its fine because dc comic shows have been using Darkseid quite alot in the past as the final boss.

Also, just read on Season 2 where
Darkseid is going to be played by John DiMaggio? Can he even try to pull off a michael ironside impersonation or is going to go in another direction for his voice?

Yep it will explain it.
most of it anyway :p

Raxus

Its fine because dc comic shows have been using Darkseid quite alot in the past as the final boss.

Darkseid is going to be played by John DiMaggio? Can he even try to pull off a michael ironside impersonation or is going to go in another direction for his voice?

Joe does a wide variety of voices. I wouldn't worry about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This was a really good episode.

Also, this entire series has been a great surprise all-around. GJ

I've been a fan of Robin since the pilot during:

"HE HACKED THE MOTION CENSORS!"

*quick cut to Robin*

"I hacked the motion censors" *smile*

The way they write him is hilarious.

Because the writers seem to get he is what an immature Batman would be like. I love it. Just makes me wish that we could see what Tim would be like in this series.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Because the writers seem to get he is what an immature Batman would be like. I love it. Just makes me wish that we could see what Tim would be like in this series.

The way dick is now is the way tim would be. Its his personality and costume with dicks name attached.

His
Joker in Under the Red Hood wasn't bad, wonder how it will be.

Bravo, Young Justice. Bravo. That was some of the best TV I've watched in a long while.

And Rocket and Icon were done proud. I like that a lot.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Measley

Bravo, Young Justice. Bravo. That was some of the best TV I've watched in a long while.

And Rocket and Icon were done proud. I like that a lot.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Yeah, I really liked Rocket being on the team. Her powers are pretty cool, and the team definitely needed another flyer.

So we got:

Aqualad
Robin
Kid Flash
Superboy
Miss Martian
Artemis
Zatanna
Rocket

That's a pretty strong team. Still hoping to see Wonder Girl pop up though.

Tizoc

Why the fuck does Bane always get beaten by having his Venom circulation cut off?
THIS IS 20-FUCKING-12, THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO ROID UP WITH VENOM WITHOUT USING A FUCKING TUBE LIKE THAT!

Otherwise great ep.
...and I still can't believe the finale's next week...I want more adventures of the team =(

Top Bottom