• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

I really love Robin in this series. His "I am a detective" remark was perfect.

I've been a fan of Robin since the pilot during:

"HE HACKED THE MOTION CENSORS!"

*quick cut to Robin*

"I hacked the motion censors" *smile*

The way they write him is hilarious.

Late on this, but I agree. YJ Robin >>>>>> TT Robin

My only hate so far is The Light - pretty much hate the "we failed but we got something anyway!" bullshit in villains being used frequently. Hated it with Xanathos, hated it with Bishop, and I hated it here. It's good in small doses but if it's used always you kinda wonder why they kept on stalling.

Her mum is pretty clearly asian.
As is her sister

I'm rewatching that Justice League Episode I was talking about earlier. You know, I think Young Justice is pretty good. But almost every part of the classic DC Animated Universe is fucking pitch perfect. Every. Single. Part.

I need to get me some goddamn boxsets.

I have to agree with this. Justice league is so good, because they mix everything so perfectly. You've got comedy, epic action/adventure, and drama. And it's evened out.

Young Justice is just so... not necessarily dark, but very serious and grim. I like my tv shows and movies to be fun and entertaining.

I have most of Justice League on DVD except for that last volume of Unlimited. Some kind of disc printing hiccup caused both discs to be Disc 2. Even my REPLACEMENT had the same problem.

Am I the only person that thinks JL did a better job at making Batman human but fit into the team better than Robin on YJ?

I like YJ Robin personality wise but TT Robin did alot more.

Jintor

Yeah, I still think something feels off about YJ. It's difficult to explain, but it feels very manufactured, as if the world doesn't exist beyond the confines of what's seen in the show. There was always a feeling in the old DCAU about being in a larger universe that continued beyond what was shown onscreen, and it doesn't feel quite so much that way in YJ.

I also don't really know what to think about Young Zatanna. She gets matched with everybody, man.

Yeah, I still think something feels off about YJ. It's difficult to explain, but it feels very manufactured, as if the world doesn't exist beyond the confines of what's seen in the show. There was always a feeling in the old DCAU about being in a larger universe that continued beyond what was shown onscreen, and it doesn't feel quite so much that way in YJ.

I also don't really know what to think about Young Zatanna. She gets matched with everybody, man.

Im glad that if Zatanna can't be with Batman she can be with Robin atleast.
still seems strange to me though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Having multiple series exist within the same universe, multiple crossovers with shows unrelated, and keeping the artstyle as well as key writers would make it seem larger. Especially seeing how we know there's another gl out there that made one appearance and hasn't been seen since. It gives the world a sense of depth. No show has had such an existence.(unless you count any show that john munch has appeared in, which I guess would bring in the tommy westphall thing too)

Slayven

Yeah YJ os too serious and makes Superboy a pissy bitch. Man if they had used new hotness Superboy, show would be legendary.

Akainu

Yeah YJ os too serious and makes Superboy a pissy bitch. Man if they had used new hotness Superboy, show would be legendary.
What is new hotness superboy.

I liked that Aqualad wasn't fazed by Miss Martian in the slightest. Living under the sea must prepare you for any freaky crap.

Parallax

What is new hotness superboy.

I liked that Aqualad wasn't fazed by Miss Martian in the slightest. Living under the sea must prepare you for any freaky crap.

New superboy is a crass know it all jackass who doesn't really give a fuck.

Slayven

New superboy is a crass know it all jackass who doesn't really give a fuck.

And it was awesome. Plus his original team was badass.

Superboy_and_the_Ravers_1.jpg

Penguin

I think.. part of it is because the league tends to deal with all the major threats

I assume that this season was building up to the finale, and next season we will see more major threats across the board.. and yes already know about the premise!

Jintor

I really need to see the latter parts of Teen Titans where everything started getting global (Season 5 and beyond?)

By the way, does anybody know any animated shows where they actually use foreign languages where they're supposed to? Rewatching the first JLU Episode where they go visit a giant walking Nuke silo in China and everybody speaks english. Urgh. Shit like that annoys me.

Personally I'd like to see an animated movie of Superman: Secret Identity.

SykoTech

Augh! Must....resist....spoilers.

I have to say, almost rolled my eyes at that New Years moment, but it was still a great episode. Really liked the reveals. Can't wait for the finale.

Penguin

Augh! Must....resist....spoilers.

I have to say, almost rolled my eyes at that New Years moment, but it was still a great episode. Really liked the reveals. Can't wait for the finale.

It was cute but cheesy.

Oh good the fighting ends just in time for a midnight kiss!

Also like that they didn't really defeat the Trinity.. I mean they are a good team, but shouldn't be destroying the League.

Also.. surprised.. that the villains didn't lose, but guess since rolling right into the next season

SykoTech

It was cute but cheesy.

Oh good the fighting ends just in time for a midnight kiss!

Also like that they didn't really defeat the Trinity.. I mean they are a good team, but shouldn't be destroying the League.

Also.. surprised.. that the villains didn't lose, but guess since rolling right into the next season

Whoops, forgot that WAS the finale. It was fitting though, especially now that Superman has finally stopped shunning Superboy.

And yeah, they handled the fights with the League well. No way they would have been able to beat them directly. As Kid Flash and Artemis noted, the only reason they didn't die right away is because being mind-controlled limited what the League could do compared to when they have full control.

Mononofu

Vandal savage's monologue was excellent. It completely legitimized The Light's opposition to the justice leage.
From the trailer I assume the JL are held responsible for detonating a bomb and earth's invasion begins as an act of retaliation.

Vandal savage's monologue was excellent. It completely legitimized The Light's opposition to the justice leage.

From the trailer I assume the JL are held responsible for detonating a bomb and earth's invasion begins as an act of retaliation.

It could relate to why some members were missing for the timeframe mentioned.

Mononofu

Brand new trailer on CN.
Batgirl, Beast boy, (in costume) Blue Beetle, Wonder girl are shown, Gordon Godfrey appears on the news questioning what are the JL hiding.

Busts my theory about the bomb.

I still love how the show ripped on villains being idiots.
"I escaped because Vandal Savage wanted to bask"

Yeah that scene was great too. VS is a bad mofo.

shira

Did you catch arsenal/Roy Bering wheeled out of Cadmus. Can't wait to see how they deal with red arrow vs arsenal

BY2K

Membero Americo
How they reverse engineered the starro bits is beyond me, let alone doing so that fast.

But damn was the Roy clone reveal well done.

Khezu

Another good episode. Its starting to feel like greg actually gives a shit about this show after all.

Red arrow reveal was pretty ace, though,
I hate that there going to have arsenal in this, I don't care if they do it better then the comics, I fucking hate arsenal

Parallax

Another good episode. Its starting to feel like greg actually gives a shit about this show after all.

I hate that there going to have arsenal in this, I don't care if they do it better then the comics, I fucking hate arsenal

im curious as to why.

Slayven

The first dead cat I see, and I am out.

I was really pissed a tthis episode until they gave an explanation of why the JL was being brought one by one like flies. That´s pretty good exit strategy by the writers.

Damn good ep, the New Year's kiss was cheesy.

Aqualad's & Red Arrow's exchange though...yeah let me put out that dirty laundry no knew about. It was my favorite scene.

shira

i....understand. but arsenal existed as a pretty good character(even with the drug abuse)before that horrid arc.
I hope wiseman goes for something more like the gargoyles dopplegangers as opposed to the anti drug psa

And yeah the rocket kiss was so awful. Smh

Top Bottom