• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Busaiku

Icon and Rocket's intros weren't even explained.
Icon was never one of the people on the voting block in the previous episode.

They just randomly showed up.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Supes wanted him in because he thought that he might be of kryptonian lineage.

huh?

he was the first one to be nominated when the League was having their discussion. Hell, Rocket was nominated by the females

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've just watched episode one of EMH.. and yeah it doesn't excite me :( just seems like a generic 90's saturday morning cartoon

SykoTech

When is Marvel going to produce a show like Young Justice. They're always dropping the ball.

Fun fact. Greg Weisman, the main guy behind Young Justice, was doing the excellent The Spectacular Spider-Man right before it. But you guessed it, they dropped the ball and it got cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Watch the Avengers show though. It's very good. Looks like Marvel may be dropping the ball there to though, so watch and get the ratings up!

EDIT: Damn, I should read first. Nevermind then.

Nesotenso

I've just watched episode one of EMH.. and yeah it doesn't excite me :( just seems like a generic 90's saturday morning cartoon

Well there's your issue. As far as quality goes, I think the writing on Avengers: EMH is better than on Young Justice. Also I have never liked DC's sidekicks or their concepts.

Nesotenso

Fun fact. Greg Weisman, the main guy behind Young Justice, was doing the excellent The Spectacular Spider-Man right before it. But you guessed it, they dropped the ball and it got cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Watch the Avengers show though. It's very good. Looks like Marvel may be dropping the ball there to though, so watch and get the ratings up!

Continuing Spectacular would have been stupid because Marvel would have to pay Sony for their own character. Marvel said Fuck that and opened their own animation division. Marvel is heading the in house direction with everything.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Actually They didn't drop the ball. Sony in order to have the film rights to Spider-man gave Marvel back the rights to make Spider-man cartoons however Spectacular Spider-Man and all of its art are owned by Sony so if Marvel wanted to use it they would have to pay Sony. Rather than paying Sony, Marvel and Disney made the Ultimate Spider-man series.

ReiGun

If we're comparing YJ and EMH (cause why not), I would say that YJ has better production values and art style. It's biggest weaknesses are that it's characters are pretty boring (Red Tornado, KF, Robin, and Zatanna being the exceptions) and the whole Light and mole plots overstayed their welcome.

EMH has weaker art and animation, but more much interesting, fun, and likable characters. The Avengers are great, and they play off each other perfectly. Hulk, Thor, and Hawkeye in particular are solid gold.

Nesotenso

If we're comparing YJ and EMH (cause why not), I would say that YJ has better production values and art style. It's biggest weaknesses are that it's characters are pretty boring (Red Tornado, KF, Robin, and Zatanna being the exceptions) and the whole Light and mole plots overstayed their welcome.

EMH has weaker art and animation, but more much interesting, fun, and likable characters.
The Avengers are great, and they play off each other perfectly. Hulk, Thor, and Hawkeye in particular are solid gold.

Yeah I agree with this.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Well there's your issue. As far as quality goes, I think the writing on Avengers: EMH is better than on Young Justice. Also I have never liked DC's sidekicks or their concepts.

Yeah, I'm not really into comics.. but I wouldn't be surprised if its just my dislike for Marvel lol.

I just find all the heroes boring..

EMH has weaker art and animation, but more much interesting, fun, and likable characters. The Avengers are great, and they play off each other perfectly. Hulk, Thor, and Hawkeye in particular are solid gold.

Agreed with all of this. Add Ironman in there too, he's written perfectly.

This episode had everything. Action, Forced Shipping, Father/Son Bonding and Lots of Emo.

And I saw the new Invasion trailer and
MUHFUCKIN LOBO SON!!!!!!!

Next week it be on!!!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahahah they never showed how they cured Wonder Woman because they can't think of a good way it seems.

SykoTech

Actually They didn't drop the ball. Sony in order to have the film rights to Spider-man gave Marvel back the rights to make Spider-man cartoons however Spectacular Spider-Man and all of its art are owned by Sony so if Marvel wanted to use it they would have to pay Sony. Rather than paying Sony, Marvel and Disney made the Ultimate Spider-man series.

Well, that's dropping the ball to me! Especially considering the "quality" of the Ultimate SPider-Man show so far. Had they followed the show up with something in the same league as Spectacular, then maybe Marvel Animation would be deserved a break. But nooooo. So they deserve to be thrown under the bus, especially if Avengers dies after season 2 as well.

/end unreasonable rage for now

Re-watching the repeat

And I like that the "Away" team is the team from Justice League. Even John Stewart's Green Lantern.

I don't think Flash was there, but yeah. I liked that bit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thought that she was cured when Savage and company left. Remember that they had herin that force bubble that she couldn't get out of?

That's what I mean though - they left when they realized everyone was cured. And that was my point - they simply trapped her. They couldn't show how they cured her?

Crocodile

Navigating this and other YJ topics has been a bit of a pain because I've been trying to stay spoiler free for the finale and season 2. Fortunately I was able to and enjoyed the hell out of the past few episodes. I'm looking forward to season 2 next week.

On another note, I swear to god if defunct toylines cause another show I enjoy to be cancelled, tables will be flipped.

Tizoc

The second season of Avengers:EMH is airing right now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467774

USM is not liked by many on here but I like it.

USM could really go with less humor. It's one thing to make a Spidey animated series be funny, a whole other to overdo it with the jokes. Otherwise it's a fun superhero team show.

Anyway, finale was great, but I do feel that Rocket was kind of forced, even though they could've brought her into the team much earlier and helped develop her character and relationship to Aqualad.
Regardless I like her inclusion and am looking forward to Season 2.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
We have seen Aqualad in a poster but i guess he gave up leadership to Robin finally?

It also could be a play on the Teen Titans comics since they tend to have roster changes.

through death mostly. if thres as west and east team though, that would be nice.

Top Bottom