• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Rann looks fucking awesome. I'm really pumped to see Dick and Tim. So is Wally now the Flash?

My kid freaked out when he saw Nightwing and Robin.

I thought Beast Boy was a human horribly altered by a scientific experiment (that's what I gathered from an actual Young Justice collection?)

And if a martian's 'partner' weren't shapeshifting, the martian could use telepathy

Hahaha

He's the kid that got the blood from Magann.

Time skip was jarring, as is the new story. The league really went 5 years totally ignorant of their exploits? Batman didn't just sneak into LexCorp one day and beat it out of him?

Khezu

Time skip was jarring, as is the new story. The league really went 5 years totally ignorant of their exploits? Batman didn't just sneak into LexCorp one day and beat it out of him?

If what they did was so bad that part of the galaxy considered them wanted criminals then the guardians should have found out, and they would have asked hal or john wtf was up, especially when a GL was with them.

I think Jason Todd definitely happened somewhere in the five year gap. Dick sends Tim on the lowest apparent threat mission, and specifically tells him not to die and not to take any unnecessary risks.

bryanee

Awesome start to the new season, love the new characters aswell.

I wanna know what happened between Meg and Superboy to break them up. Nightwing looks great and Tim is awesome.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Adam strange and tim in action were awesome(thank you DC) I'm no very interested in how they describe lagoon boys name, and miss martian and kid supes no longer dating seems like an easy way to put cassie and him together. Jaime talking to the beetle like he's crazy was a nice touch. Now dc, bring in vulcan. For the good of us all.

Slayven

Adam strange and tim in action were awesome(thank you DC) I'm no very interested in how they describe lagoon boys name, and miss martian and kid supes no longer dating seems like an easy way to put cassie and him together. Jaime talking to the beetle like he's crazy was a nice touch. Now dc, bring in vulcan. For the good of us all.

Lagoonboy.jpg

Parallax

You should ahve burned the trash can. I am pissed no one followed up on Vulcan's half martian rogue's gallery.

Fucking seriously. Those clones had fucking potential, hell even that witchhazel character had potential. The alternative? Comas and death for everyone! Yeah fuck the writers of titans east.

Good episode. So 5 year time skip after all.

Lol at Blue Beetle. You'd think he'd tell them he's talking to his suit so they don't think he's crazy.

Ok so the on screen shenanigans of Tim, Jaime, & Lagoon Boy fits the comic relief well. I thought a lack of Wally would be bad but the alternative is great.

I also like how this ep has also displayed personal issues at hand. Cyborg having alone time issues with BB, SB not with MM, Tim(best Robin ever) having leadership woes, and Lagoon Boy feeling like a second stringer.

Edit: Opps not Cyborg, I blame my lack of DC hero knowledge folks.

tm24

So good. The beta team quip made by Tim made me stop worrying about the rest of the cast. Can't wait for next week

Ok so the on screen shenanigans of Tim, Jaime, & Lagoon Boy fits the comic relief well. I thought a lack of Wally would be bad but the alternative is great.

I also like how this ep has also displayed personal issues at hand. Cyborg having alone time issues with BB, SB not with MM, Tim(best Robin ever) having leadership woes, and Lagoon Boy feeling like a second stringer.

That's not Cyborg, it's Mal, he's Vox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_Duncan

udivision

STOP SAYING BB

Beast Boy
Bumble Bee
Blue Beetle

It's confusing.

Not to mention the only one of them ever referred to as BB (in a show) was Beast Boy...

Parallax

STOP SAYING BB

Beast Boy
Bumble Bee
Blue Beetle

It's confusing.

Not to mention the only one of them ever referred to as BB (in a show) was Beast Boy...

not the same show. so it shouldnt matter who is referred to as bb. but i do agree with your point.

there isnt that i know of. its a shame too, as its a really fun series.

Damn I must find a way....

And for those missing your favorite characters so far ( I miss Zatanna and Rocket) don't worry, this is Weissman. Brah is good writer/showrunner. he will not fucck this up like Loeb would.

And after seeing this episode, I'm really furious about the cancellation of the toy line, I need all the BBs, Lagoon Boy, Zatanna, Vox, Adam Strange, Tim Drake, Nightwing, Batgirl, Cassandra....and so much more

Parallax

Damn I must find a way....

And for those missing your favorite characters so far ( I miss Zatanna and Rocket) don't worry, this is Weissman. Brah is good writer/showrunner. he will not fucck this up like Loeb would.

And after seeing this episode, I'm really furious about the cancellation of the toy line, I need all the BBs, Lagoon Boy, Zatanna, Vox, Adam Strange, Tim Drake, Nightwing, Batgirl, Cassandra....and so much more

i lucked out when a comic shop i used to visit was selling the entire short series for cheap. i dont know of many that have read the series, and the series that mikey has been in(his one appearance in one of the inifinite crisis off books, and that utter shit of titans east) dont really work with him much.

i lucked out when a comic shop i used to visit was selling the entire short series for cheap. i dont know of many that have read the series, and the series that mikey has been in(his one appearance in one of the inifinite crisis off books, and that utter shit of titans east) dont really work with him much.

I don't how cheap is cheap but I see I can get it from my shop for seven dollars.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Late, but I liked alot of it

Do miss Aqualad, KF, Artemis.
Don't recall who this "Mal" guy is.
Don't like Lagoon Boy. Maybe the dialogue is fine, but the design of the character is too "blah"
Like Beetle and his "Talking to the Suit/Crazy" dialogue.
Hope that Nightwing stays in as the main character of the series, even though I like Comic Book Tim.
I take it Batgirl/Barbara is in the Young Justice crew?
LOL @ Tim Curry voicing the Fox News-ish ancor.

Parallax

I don't how cheap is cheap but I see I can get it from my shop for seven dollars.

its an introductory series that gets cancelled before the meat of the series can begin, so if youre cool with that, i would go for it. (i paid 9 bucks for all the issues, so you would be getting it cheaper than i did.

Jexemad

I don't wanna this time skip. I want the old team back :( I quite enjoyed this episode, though.

Also, I really like Blue Beetle. His scene with the alien had me in stitches.

yeah its weird but im actually pissed about toys, Nightwing design is amazing an im angry they showed some season 2 figures then cancelled them about one week later.
Mattel sucks if it was Hasbro these would have done crazy.

Man seems like a bunch of fangirls on tumblr on suicide watch.

Top Bottom