• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

BY2K

Membero Americo
3 moves. Aqualad took down SB in 3 moves. Kick-ass.

And it was nice to see the Bat family all together.

I'm going to call it right now. Aqualad is on a secret mission isn't really a traitor...

I don't think its a secret mission or anything but its a possibility he might switch sides.

still its finally great seeing him showing his potential by being evil plus he dealt with Superboy like it was nothing.

that's some DEEP cover if a secret mission involves allowing the murder of 100 highly advanced life forms.

Interesting parallel with JLU...when falsely accused, John Stewart (in an early episode) and the original 7 (minus Batman) turned themselves over to authorities. But Batman said it was the dumbest idea he ever heard. Here in YJ, he goes along with the others.

yeah, i was like "this totally makes sense for some of your most powerful people to leave during an alien invasion"

so, who gets to be in charge? captain atom?

evilwart

that's some DEEP cover if a secret mission involves allowing the murder of 100 highly advanced life forms.

yeah, i was like "this totally makes sense for some of your most powerful people to leave during an alien invasion"

so, who gets to be in charge? captain atom?

Flash and Aquaman are the two founding members left of Earth, so I assume they have seniority.

Aqualad did not plant that bomb he was too busy fighting up top when it was planted.

Though he may have gone downstairs to disarm the bomb?

I'm thinking deep cover mission also but...
Aqualad had Miss martian mess with his mind so that even he thinks he switched sides. It's a reverse Red Arrow play

Aqualad did not plant that bomb he was too busy fighting up top when it was planted.

Though he may have gone downstairs to disarm the bomb?

I'm thinking deep cover mission also but...
Aqualad had Miss martian mess with his mind so that even he thinks he switched sides. It's a reverse Red Arrow play

he didn't plant it but he knew of it, hence the 'allowing' word...

Does Batman ever get tired of saying "This is purely a recon mission."?
Surely he should have learnt by now to just say "Let's go in there and beat everything up!"

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I missed Miss MArtian mind fraping some one this week?

can anyone point out where in the ep it was ;_; i dont know how i missed it

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I missed Miss MArtian mind fraping some one this week?

can anyone point out where in the ep it was ;_; i dont know how i missed it
It's the scene in the Hall of Justice.

Martian Manhuter has been mind probing a captured krolotean but he's having difficulties with the translation and after Miss Martian's "success" in Rann the JL figures she can help so Batman takes her to the interrogation room in the Hall of Justice. As Batman explains the situation to her she goes into mind rape mode and extracts the location of the secret base.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh snap, just re watched :O damn. martian manhunter gave a concerned look too.. no one else seemed to (other than superboy)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Really nice to see Connor being close to Supes, and I like how he is now Kon-El.

With that said I find it awkward that it's Captain Atom giving the talk to Jon Stewart than Hal... unless Hal is already possessed by Parallax. I wonder if we'll see Kyle Ryner though.

Also I wonder if we'll have season 3 and if it will be yet another timeskip. Man I wish Terry McGinnis appears in some form or other.

ReiGun

Awesome episode. Already loving the second season way more than I did the first.

Best part was when I realized this episode had an OG Superfriends reunion, with big 4's sidekicks all in tow.

superfriends_1978-show.jpg

Tizoc

Really nice to see Connor being close to Supes, and I like how he is now Kon-El.

With that said I find it awkward that it's Captain Atom giving the talk to Jon Stewart than Hal... unless Hal is already possessed by Parallax. I wonder if we'll see Kyle Ryner though.

Also I wonder if we'll have season 3 and if it will be yet another timeskip. Man I wish Terry McGinnis appears in some form or other.

Pretty sure John said Hal and Guy were with the Guardians getting ready to speak to whomever the 6 pissed off during those 16 hours years ago.
Fun fact: in the 80s, Greg Weisman wrote the Captain Atom comic series.

Great ep. ...but man that must've one bad day for Kaldur if Tula and Ocean Master died then.
...also the Competitor is either
Kanjaro or Darkseid @_@

Guy Gardner needs to show up in an ep. already, his short scene cameos are not enough ;.;

Gartooth

Aqualad continues to be one of my favorite characters on the show.

Didn't suspect that he would go to Black Mantas side. He was always a great leader in season 1 as he held the team together under the worst circumstances. Just seems odd that he of all people would turn on the team.

Aqualad continues to be one of my favorite characters on the show.

Didn't suspect that he would go to Black Mantas side. He was always a great leader in season 1 as he held the team together under the worst circumstances. Just seems odd that he of all people would turn on the team.

I think he saw the team as and valued them as his family so when the team and his king betrayed him it was enough to turn on them

Tizoc

Watching again and just noticed that Superman calls Superboy his little brother.

Still not ready to be a father I guess, but nice to see them bonding. I guess brother might make more sense than son anyway.

Err a clone doesn't necessarily mean the clone is a son or daughter. Pretty sure in the comics also, Conner isn't his 'son'.

No!

Nooooo!

YES, YES!
H62LX.jpg

Ezalc

Apparently, yeah.

OH GOD WHAT, is this true? When and where was it confirmed? I'd love to see Static join the team or at least work with them on a mission. The only thing this series would need is Terry McGinnis and it'd be the best superhero mash-up series ever. Too bad Terry has like no chance of showing up :(.

ZOMG, when?

Where is this info?

OH GOD WHAT, is this true? When and where was it confirmed? I'd love to see Static join the team or at least work with them on a mission. The only thing this series would need is Terry McGinnis and it'd be the best superhero mash-up series ever. Too bad Terry has like no chance of showing up :(.

Well, when you add this ...

During an interview with the World Finest blog about getting his start in animation on the 2000-2004 run of Static Shock, lead character designer Phil Bourassa went on to promise that the second season of Young Justice will "introduce [a new character] that brings my animation career full circle." Unsurprisingly, that led people to wonder whether this meant that Virgil Hawkins was about to join the cast of the series, a possibility seemingly strengthened by a glimpse of the character in an episode that aired on Saturday (I have been contacted by Warner Bros. animation with the correction that Static has definitely not appeared in the show to date). The character's comic incarnation will also survive the April cancellation of his solo series and join the Teen Titans series.

However, Bourassa might have been teasing an entirely different character altogether. Rumors have been circulating since last year that fellow Milestone character Rocket is slated to join the Young Justice team next year, after guest appearances in the show's first season as well as appearances on merchandise from the show. If anything, Rocket makes more sense on the team than the solo star Static, sharing the "sidekick" status of current members Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Wonder Girl et al, thanks to her relationship with the Milestone hero Icon.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/07/static-young-justice/#ixzz1unE8UqbC
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/07/static-young-justice/

with this ...
Now comes the news that he will be in at least one episode of Young Justice. Appearing on Rob Paulsen’s podcast, Phil Lamarr dropped an interesting bit of information about not getting to audition for the role of Virgil Hawkins for an episode of Young Justice. Rob Paulsen’s Talkin Toons Podcast – Listen at around the 53:00 minute mark.
http://www.dccollectors.com/2012/04/static-shock-joining-young-justice/

Seems like it.

What
The
Fuck.

Also, the Birds of Prey ballad.

Good to see the Bat family in action last ep.
And there's obviously something missing with Kaldur, he let go of Tula before, so I'm guessing they got back together, she joined and Robin's call on a mission is what led to her death. And then he found out about his dad, and that was that.

That would also explain why Robin doesn't let the others take any crazy risks. If that's it, that's damn good writing--Kaldur turns over leadership to someone who later gets his lover killed? Drama.
I'll be disappointed if it's just a plant.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pretty sure John said Hal and Guy were with the Guardians getting ready to speak to whomever the 6 pissed off during those 16 hours years ago.
Fun fact: in the 80s, Greg Weisman wrote the Captain Atom comic series.

Oh I thought Jon meant it was him going to the guardians. My bad.

Still, I wonder why Kyle isn't around.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I know it's a callback to the original 7 from the Justice League cartoon minus Flash, but why send Batman? If you want to piss off a entire alien race, you'd think they send someone more powerful than Batman.

Though if he was going to act like Owlman...

Looks kind of strange for some reason, as long as we get Static then I don't care. I hope it's him.

There's never really been a younger version of static. I hope he's older really. I mean characters like Beast Boy have leeway with age, but I don't think Static is one of those characters that does.

Top Bottom